What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

debrasue

Oooo I was in the Tarn last week, travelling around knocking up old friends and my boss, last friday I was in Samatan, Formulae menu was fish. Just as well because 5 of the other 7 days was Duck. But it did mean some really surprisingly low BG readings :D
We were a couple of hours away in Agde, near Montpellier - and you're right, lots of fish, duck etc. and I had good readings for the week, too.

Reactions: mo53

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So the treats for my birthday on Monday look a little different to usual birthday treats! Off to Suffolk so stocked up on good LCHF stuff.

Can't beat Pork scratchings!! And cheese wth beer in it is awesome :)

409ec54d7a0af9b22fbff24428dfbfe9.jpg

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: leftover roast chicken and marinated pork, slice cheese

D: broccoli and cauliflour with LC cheese sauce

Reactions: ellagy and mo53

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none
S: coffeencream
L: one profiterole and lots of whipped cream
D: 3 black farmers sausages and a huge portion of cheesy broccoli mash.

Reactions: ellagy and mo53

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody

B. Chia seeds in almond milk

L. Steak in onion gravy with carrots and cabbage. Strawberries and cream

D. Camambert

I've eaten too much today. :(

Reactions: ellagy

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Just took my BS a bare hour after dinner and they are 6.2. I don't understand my bloods at all :(

Hoon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had some Turkish kebab mixed lamb and chicken with capsicum dip and cucumber dip and salad stayed away from the bread having just a tiny taste of the bread How would I count carbs for this and I wonder if anyone could tell me how many carbs in a cup of tea with milk and half a teaspoon of sugar? This is my second day counting carbs

Hoon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
P s I don't have insulin with lunch and my sugar levels were 10.2 after 3 hrs I think this is too high?

A

asparagusp

P s I don't have insulin with lunch and my sugar levels were 10.2 after 3 hrs I think this is too high?

Less than 8.5 is what seems to be advised online. However my nurse said 10 so that should comfort you a bit!

A

asparagusp

Thanks debrasue for the recipe. Every ingredient is diabetic/von diabetic friendly! I have bookmarked the link.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on holiday in Siena, 5 days of non-stop pasta temptation. I have eaten my own cooked breakfast , and restaurant lunch and dinner everyday- and managed to find on every menu something appetising and low carb even in Italy. The fact that I was avoiding carbs would not have been particularly noticeable to anyone with me.

The culmination of the week was an Italian wedding yesterday, It was a day of non stop food.
Two egg omelette for breakfast , Italian bruscheta for lunch , Five course Italian wedding in dinner, plus champagne, red wine, white wine and whiskey.

I partook of everything with gusto with one important difference.

I took the tops off the bruscheta and ate those bits instead cheese, ham, tomato, aubergine plus some peanuts but no crisps.

I told the waiter at the dinner that I couldn't eat pasta, he gave me all the same courses with the pasta removed - ( which was in every course except dessert) as such I got more of all the expensive stuff than everyone else - so much in fact that I passed half along to hubby. I even ate two extra langoustines passed to me from others on the table who didn't like shellfish ! there were tiny small deserts to choose from. I tried a spoonful of four of those giving the rest to hubby.

The end result was that my blood sugars stayed around 7 during and after eating, no spikes at all and were down to 6.5 by bedtime. I also didn't feel bloated or slightly dizzy and hot which has accompanied mega meals before - no doubt because my BS had gone through the roof unbeknownst to me.

All in all , I'm really pleased that it seems that with a bit of adjustment it is possible to cope with even the grandest occasion without actually having to do anything more dramatic than just say no to the boring bits of the meal.

I checked this morning and I'm still in ketosis too. My morning bs is a bit higher than normal, but that's doesn't seem that surprising ( 8.8) given I was putting food in my mouth for what felt like about 10 hours solid, which will hopefully go away with a long walk and a missed lunch today.

So all in all a result. I doubt I will have lost weight on this holiday but hopefully I won't have done too much damage either.

A

asparagusp

Yes not too bad and you had loads of fun. Lucky you to be in Italy. I love the country and of course the people.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Hoon I use myfitnesspal web to keep a check on my food. It will give you the food value of foods. I use it as a food diary. :)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Breakfast was lactose free yoghurt (it is lower carb than Greek and tastes wonderful)
30g salted peanuts
Lunch was a Lidl roll buttered and a whopping piece of Lidl cooked pork sausage (11g carb for the lot)
Dinner will be Beef Stew (leftover from last night) with sprouts and a dollop of greek yoghurt
1 x creamy coffee
1 x peppermint tea

Reactions: mo53