1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

I'm baaaaaccckkkkkk - sorry for the absence - life got in the way BIG TIME :(

I'm also back to the Cambridge/Mosley (whatever you want to call it) low cal diet - with a low carb element because I just don't fancy carbs any more. I've been doing this since last Monday and I'm also trying to eat more veg and fruit while staying within carb levels low enough to keep me at 6 or below - so:

FBG - 5.8

Today: Half a grapefruit
    Lunch: 80g cherries
    Dinner: Garlic and Herb Lamb steaks (from Asda), roast cauli and broccoli, runner beans and (carbs and cals allowing) maybe a tiny bit of roast parsnip. :shifty:
    Extras: Glass of wine with my dinner

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mist

mist · Guest

Sausages, roast spuds, veggies, Yorkshire puds..etc

:woot:

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Hey! Good to see you again!
    Hope it was LIFE in a good, not a bad way? :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

Welcome back, Chook! We missed you. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  5. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

B: LivLife toast with canteloupe melon
    L: Hotdog (no bun)
    D (will be): Roast lamb with a herb crust, roasted spiced cauliflower, carrots, runner beans, peas; sugar-free lower-carb jam roly-poly and sugar-free custard

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

Thank you @Brunneria and @debrasue - nice to be back :)

No, sadly, it was in a fairly bad way. I had an incident happen at work which damaged my back and made worse my dodgy knees and neck - so I haven't been able to work at all or move around much since last March and being bored sitting at home definitely hasn't helped with my weight. :bored::bored::bored::bored:

I must admit, I didn't think it was possible to put on weight while eating less than 25g / day of carbs but I certainly did :arghh:

• Hug Hug x 4
  7. DeejayR

DeejayR Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

B Livlife toast x 2 in a cheese sandwich, slice of fried black pud on top, fried egg on top of that, mushrooms, bacon.
    L Home-made cream of mushroom soup cooked with a splash of sherry
    D Cauliflower cheese with bacon bits, leek, herbs, garlic, onion; sauce of cream cheese, almond milk, cheddar & paprika, topped with sliced tomatoes and parmesan; steamed broccoli & celeriac
    I made a small straciatella cake with a tsp of cocoa powder because I haven't got any solid chocolate and it's very nice.

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. PenfoldAPD

PenfoldAPD Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I had roast potatoes today - well a roast potato - for the first time in months today at my brother's house. So good. Hope my BG survives, all the red wine consumed might help dilute it LOL

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Out for B: 2 rashers bacon, one egg, tomato, tablespoon beans (only had a teasp before having a gluten crisis and stopping eating them. Need to check contents of tinned beans! Lol), mushrooms and a few saute potatoes. Peppermint tea.
    S: lc choc brownie. YUM!
    D: chicken shashlik, saag paneer, brinjal bhaji, salad. May burst. :D

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. amgrundy

amgrundy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B 2 slices of burgen bread / 1 poached egg/ tomatos
    L 4 Jacobs water crackers / homemade lemon cheese
    S a small pear/ 1 plum
    D Liver//onions / cauliflower/ broccoli added half a teaspoon of garlic/ and back pepper/ low salt
    Supper 2 rivitas / cheese
    Bg reading this am 4.7 happy with this.

• Winner Winner x 4
  11. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

Oh, no! That's terrible news - how are you feeling now? How did the accident happen?
    Kudos to you, though, for sticking to your LCHF plan and for your good FBG readings - that takes some grit when you're laid up and feeling rough. I know - I've been there! So well done, you.
    That's a new chook avatar, too, isn't it?

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  12. mist

mist · Guest

Just a bowl of cheerios and a brew..:D

13. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

I worked in a home for people on the Autistic spectrum and me and another staff member had taken a client out to the pub (big lad - 25st +) and he had a massive epileptic seizure while we were out in the street. It was raining hard and he had recently had surgery on his brain for his epilepsy so I couldn't just let him drop (which is what his care plan says I should have done) - anyway he fell forwards towards me and I supported his full weight bracing myself with one leg backwards (imagine a bear hug) and I actually felt something 'go' in my back. My employers claim its entirely my own fault because I should have let him drop. :rolleyes:

I don't think its a new avatar (can't remember now) - sadly the Lady Amherst pheasant in the avatar (Joe) and his ladies were got by a fox in the spring.

It hasn't been hard to keep to low carbing - my husband started a paleo way of eating last February so we don't have anything 'naughty' in the house any more. I have just eaten far too much of the right kind of foods :(:oops: but I'm enjoying getting back more in control. :angelic:

• Hug Hug x 4
  14. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

Today:

Breakfast: Half a grapefruit
    Lunch: Black coffee
    Dinner: Mixed fish and goats cheese 3 egg omlette and salad
    Supper: (Probably) small bag of popcorn

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

B: Bacon and 2 eggs, I slice of spelt toast
    L: Probably not necessary, but I might have some melon and yoghurt if I'm hungry
    D: Shepherd's Pie (with topping of mock garlic mash instead of potato); remainder of sugar-free/lower-carb jam rolypoly

• Like Like x 3
  16. wiseowl_123

wiseowl_123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast---1 slice of bergen soya & linseed bread toasted and two poached eggs

Lunch_____fresh salmon,broccoli.cauliflower,2 small tomatoes 1-boiled potato

Dnner at about 5pm-2 slices Bergen bread with a small portion of Edam cheeses of + 1 apple

• Winner Winner x 4
  17. mo53

mo53 Type 2 · Expert

Hello

B. Chia seed in almond milk

L. 20g blue Stilton

1 full hours swimming

D. Smoked haddock topped with melted double Gloucester , asparagus tips and spoonful of garden peas
    100g M&S purely pomegranate pot (11g carbs but worth every one)

• Winner Winner x 4
  18. PenfoldAPD

PenfoldAPD Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B: bacon and eggs
    S: Pret Americano with pouring cream x 2 (don't let them put squirty cream on it!)
    S: 2 slices of cheese
    D: Red Thai Chicken Curry http://www.cookfood.net/menu/main-meals/chicken-meals/red-thai-chicken-curry/ - a nice staple to keep in the freezer for days you can't be **** to cook! Only 8g carbs, so so tasty - could eat everyday LOL

So a great LCHF for me, all washed down with a glass of Malbec

• Winner Winner x 4
  19. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Evenin' All,

B: none
    late L: bacon and egg
    S: lc choc brownie and cream
    D: honestly don't think I need anything... :)

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. walnut_face

walnut_face Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B: Nope
    L: Nope
    S: Cheese and Almonds while cooking
    D: Chicken casserole, Parsnip, carrots,shallots,white wine (tested) Puy Lentils, Mushrooms and Brocolli

• Winner Winner x 5
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook