What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I'm baaaaaccckkkkkk - sorry for the absence - life got in the way BIG TIME :(

I'm also back to the Cambridge/Mosley (whatever you want to call it) low cal diet - with a low carb element because I just don't fancy carbs any more. I've been doing this since last Monday and I'm also trying to eat more veg and fruit while staying within carb levels low enough to keep me at 6 or below - so:

FBG - 5.8

Today: Half a grapefruit
Lunch: 80g cherries
Dinner: Garlic and Herb Lamb steaks (from Asda), roast cauli and broccoli, runner beans and (carbs and cals allowing) maybe a tiny bit of roast parsnip. :shifty:
Extras: Glass of wine with my dinner

Reactions: amgrundy

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm also back to the Cambridge/Mosley (whatever you want to call it) low cal diet - with a low carb element because I just don't fancy carbs any more. I've been doing this since last Monday and I'm also trying to eat more veg and fruit while staying within carb levels low enough to keep me at 6 or below - so:

FBG - 5.8

Dinner: Garlic and Herb Lamb steaks (from Asda), roast cauli and broccoli, runner beans and (carbs and cals allowing) maybe a tiny bit of roast parsnip. :shifty:

Hey! Good to see you again!
Hope it was LIFE in a good, not a bad way? :)

D

debrasue

FBG - 5.8

Welcome back, Chook! We missed you. :)

D

debrasue

B: LivLife toast with canteloupe melon
L: Hotdog (no bun)
D (will be): Roast lamb with a herb crust, roasted spiced cauliflower, carrots, runner beans, peas; sugar-free lower-carb jam roly-poly and sugar-free custard

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you @Brunneria and @debrasue - nice to be back :)

Hope it was LIFE in a good, not a bad way? :)

No, sadly, it was in a fairly bad way. I had an incident happen at work which damaged my back and made worse my dodgy knees and neck - so I haven't been able to work at all or move around much since last March and being bored sitting at home definitely hasn't helped with my weight. :bored::bored::bored::bored:

I must admit, I didn't think it was possible to put on weight while eating less than 25g / day of carbs but I certainly did :arghh:

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B Livlife toast x 2 in a cheese sandwich, slice of fried black pud on top, fried egg on top of that, mushrooms, bacon.
L Home-made cream of mushroom soup cooked with a splash of sherry
D Cauliflower cheese with bacon bits, leek, herbs, garlic, onion; sauce of cream cheese, almond milk, cheddar & paprika, topped with sliced tomatoes and parmesan; steamed broccoli & celeriac
I made a small straciatella cake with a tsp of cocoa powder because I haven't got any solid chocolate and it's very nice.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stop - STOP!!!!! I can virtually taste it! :)
I'm having boiled eggs this morning, too. With LivLife toast and lots of French salted butter. :hungry:
And tonight, as it's Bonfire Night, it has to be hotdogs (in soft white buns) and tomato soup - it's the law! (Think I might be able to get away with it as these antibiotics are driving my BGs quite low.)
Have a lovely day, Andrew!
:)

I had roast potatoes today - well a roast potato - for the first time in months today at my brother's house. So good. Hope my BG survives, all the red wine consumed might help dilute it LOL

Reactions: mo53

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out for B: 2 rashers bacon, one egg, tomato, tablespoon beans (only had a teasp before having a gluten crisis and stopping eating them. Need to check contents of tinned beans! Lol), mushrooms and a few saute potatoes. Peppermint tea.
S: lc choc brownie. YUM!
D: chicken shashlik, saag paneer, brinjal bhaji, salad. May burst. :D

Reactions: mo53

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
B 2 slices of burgen bread / 1 poached egg/ tomatos
L 4 Jacobs water crackers / homemade lemon cheese
S a small pear/ 1 plum
D Liver//onions / cauliflower/ broccoli added half a teaspoon of garlic/ and back pepper/ low salt
Supper 2 rivitas / cheese
Bg reading this am 4.7 happy with this.

D

debrasue

Thank you @Brunneria and @debrasue - nice to be back :)

No, sadly, it was in a fairly bad way. I had an incident happen at work which damaged my back and made worse my dodgy knees and neck - so I haven't been able to work at all or move around much since last March and being bored sitting at home definitely hasn't helped with my weight. :bored::bored::bored::bored:

I must admit, I didn't think it was possible to put on weight while eating less than 25g / day of carbs but I certainly did :arghh:
Oh, no! That's terrible news - how are you feeling now? How did the accident happen?
Kudos to you, though, for sticking to your LCHF plan and for your good FBG readings - that takes some grit when you're laid up and feeling rough. I know - I've been there! So well done, you.
That's a new chook avatar, too, isn't it?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh, no! That's terrible news - how are you feeling now? How did the accident happen?
Kudos to you, though, for sticking to your LCHF plan and for your good FBG readings - that takes some grit when you're laid up and feeling rough. I know - I've been there! So well done, you.
That's a new chook avatar, too, isn't it?

I worked in a home for people on the Autistic spectrum and me and another staff member had taken a client out to the pub (big lad - 25st +) and he had a massive epileptic seizure while we were out in the street. It was raining hard and he had recently had surgery on his brain for his epilepsy so I couldn't just let him drop (which is what his care plan says I should have done) - anyway he fell forwards towards me and I supported his full weight bracing myself with one leg backwards (imagine a bear hug) and I actually felt something 'go' in my back. My employers claim its entirely my own fault because I should have let him drop. :rolleyes:

I don't think its a new avatar (can't remember now) - sadly the Lady Amherst pheasant in the avatar (Joe) and his ladies were got by a fox in the spring.

It hasn't been hard to keep to low carbing - my husband started a paleo way of eating last February so we don't have anything 'naughty' in the house any more. I have just eaten far too much of the right kind of foods :(:oops: but I'm enjoying getting back more in control. :angelic:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today:

Breakfast: Half a grapefruit
Lunch: Black coffee
Dinner: Mixed fish and goats cheese 3 egg omlette and salad
Supper: (Probably) small bag of popcorn

D

debrasue

B: Bacon and 2 eggs, I slice of spelt toast
L: Probably not necessary, but I might have some melon and yoghurt if I'm hungry
D: Shepherd's Pie (with topping of mock garlic mash instead of potato); remainder of sugar-free/lower-carb jam rolypoly

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Breakfast---1 slice of bergen soya & linseed bread toasted and two poached eggs

Lunch_____fresh salmon,broccoli.cauliflower,2 small tomatoes 1-boiled potato

Dnner at about 5pm-2 slices Bergen bread with a small portion of Edam cheeses of + 1 apple

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello

B. Chia seed in almond milk

L. 20g blue Stilton

1 full hours swimming

D. Smoked haddock topped with melted double Gloucester , asparagus tips and spoonful of garden peas
100g M&S purely pomegranate pot (11g carbs but worth every one)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon and eggs
S: Pret Americano with pouring cream x 2 (don't let them put squirty cream on it!)
S: 2 slices of cheese
D: Red Thai Chicken Curry http://www.cookfood.net/menu/main-meals/chicken-meals/red-thai-chicken-curry/ - a nice staple to keep in the freezer for days you can't be **** to cook! Only 8g carbs, so so tasty - could eat everyday LOL

So a great LCHF for me, all washed down with a glass of Malbec

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin' All,

B: none
late L: bacon and egg
S: lc choc brownie and cream
D: honestly don't think I need anything... :)

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Nope
L: Nope
S: Cheese and Almonds while cooking
D: Chicken casserole, Parsnip, carrots,shallots,white wine (tested) Puy Lentils, Mushrooms and Brocolli