What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

A

asparagusp

Well done! I had chicken breast cooked in quince paste, cumin, thyme, garlic and red wine, a couple of new potatoes and a little parsnip with rosemary, broccoli and sprouts. Really nice. Seconds tomorrow!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Chicken breast in quince paste etc. sounds delicious @asparagusp :)

Sunday/Christmas day

Brunch - Porridge
Snack - coffee with cream
Dinner - Turkey breast stuffed with a layer of pork sausagemeat and a layer of herb stuffing made with added butter, shallots and cubes of sharp apple, wrapped in streaky bacon. served with shallots, butternut squash and sprouts roasted with garlic and bacon. 1 small roasted potato, some root veg mash and meat juice gravy. Pudding was sugar free jelly with greek yoghurt and fresh raspberries.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Red berries with Greek yoghurt

L ham and Camambert

D. Leftover vegetables with turkey and gravy.

S. Pomegranate pot.

On Christmas night I fell to temptation and ate crackers with cheese but this started a carb crave and I ate a slice of Christmas cake and a couple of spoonfuls of cold Christmas pud. I found it really hard to stop. It just showed me that im better when I keep off all wheat products.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
First meal, tuna and green salad with oil and vinegar dressing and black pepper.
coffee, nuts, celery and cheese mid way snack.
Second meal Hogget chops (lamb) with peas and mint sauce.

Reactions: mo53

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Today (a bit of a naughty day) I had:

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs

Lunch at the seaside (Cleethorpes): Fish 'n' peas - The fish was cod which I took the batter off and mushy peas

Snack: Slice of low carb Christmas cake - very filling and yummy

Dinner: (not hungry) I had bits of chicken, chipotle sauce and grated cheese wrapped in romaine salad leaves then later had bits of Lidl protein roll dipped in taramasalata or houmous.

Later: Will be the last of the low carb lemon cheesecake - sadly we've run out of the fresh raspberry sauce that I made (and the raspberries that I made it with).

I think I've put on a stone in the last three days so I am making plans to get back on track especially as Santa gave me the companion recipe book (written by Michael Mosley's wife) to go with the 800 cal blood sugar diet and there are some gorgeous recipes in there.

Things I've learned this Christmas:
- dates of any kind make my BG rocket up - and I've still got a kilo of them left over
- low carb cheesecake has no affect at all on me
- the low carb Christmas cake tastes better than any cake I've ever eaten before AND it has very little affect on BG
- I really don't like double cream in coffee

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Monday
a howling gale outside with sleet

Breakfast - Porridge
Lunch - chilli spiced beef and tomato soup
Dinner - mince and veggie bake with broccoli and cauli on the side.

Last edited:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuesday
a howling gale outside with sleet

Breakfast - Porridge
Lunch - chilli spiced beef and tomato soup
Dinner - mince and veggie bake with broccoli and cauli on the side.

We've had a lovely sunny day with barely a breathe of breeze. Blinking cold tonight though as very clear sky.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
B: smoked salmon & cream cheese

L: crispy pork belly with shredded pickled cabbage and steamed broccoli

D: roast duck, red cabbage, giblet gravy, sprouts with butter; low-carb, low-sugar cheesecake with clotted cream.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday

B: Big fry up - 2 of everything

4 mile walk

L: Salad
D: Winter salad cold meats coli mash

S: Pork scratchings and erm too much 70% chocolate orange :D

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today:

Breakfast: 2 bacon, 1 chipolata, 4 mushrooms, 1 egg, 1 egg yolk

Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: Cold roast chicken, bubble & squeak, pickles

Supper: Slice Christmas cake

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bit of catching up to do

Sunday
B. 2 Herta chicken sausages and a fried egg.
L. Less sugar latte
D. Roasted monkfish 2 slices with a bacon and mushroom sauce.
Lentil soup.
Turkey with homemade stuffing, gluten free sausage, sprouts in balsamic, roasted cauliflower and cauliflower mash. 1 spoonful of Christmas pudding.
Campari and soda and 2 prosecco. Black coffee and a Baileys.
Monday
Boys were staying last night so breakfast was a less sugar latte and water while they had porridge with raisins.
Lunch - lentil soup (even better 2nd day)
D. More lentil soup followed by slice of Turkey more gluten free sausage, sprouts and cauliflower mash had another campari soda and a prosecco and a couple of spoonfuls of Christmas pudding
Tuesday
Less sugar latte and couple of slices ox tongue (just wanted a grab breakfast)
L. Less sugar latte and that lentil soup again (remainder gone to the freezer. Husband and brother had turkey rolls before remains went to freezer)
D. Slice of smoked salmon and a couple of spoonfuls of prawns. Small piece lasagne and a strawberry cider.

My legs are in a bad way as I've spent too much time on them the past 5 days. Time to work on them before physio on Thursday or that will be agony! Dishwasher isn't cleaning properly either so booked a Home care visit for tomorrow - hopefully something simple although it wasn't as simple as cleaning the filters/machine. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Xx

Reactions: geefull

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been out to get a few groceries. Legs needed an outing to try to loosen the muscles so they feel a bit better now. I managed to get a Tesco Finest high protein loaf and have to say it tastes pretty good.
10g carbs per slice which is the same as a whole Lidl's high protein roll so you are getting less for your carbs BUT you are also getting a lot less calories 88 as opposed to 289. For the times you just want bread rather than a roll I think this is a good alternative.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Red berries with Greek yoghurt

L. Bits of ham and Camambert

35 minutes swimming

D. Steak and onion gravy, carrots, cauliflower, sprouts. Strawberries and yoghurt.

D

debrasue

Today (a bit of a naughty day) I had:

Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs

Lunch at the seaside (Cleethorpes): Fish 'n' peas - The fish was cod which I took the batter off and mushy peas

Snack: Slice of low carb Christmas cake - very filling and yummy

Dinner: (not hungry) I had bits of chicken, chipotle sauce and grated cheese wrapped in romaine salad leaves then later had bits of Lidl protein roll dipped in taramasalata or houmous.

Later: Will be the last of the low carb lemon cheesecake - sadly we've run out of the fresh raspberry sauce that I made (and the raspberries that I made it with).

I think I've put on a stone in the last three days so I am making plans to get back on track especially as Santa gave me the companion recipe book (written by Michael Mosley's wife) to go with the 800 cal blood sugar diet and there are some gorgeous recipes in there.

Things I've learned this Christmas:
- dates of any kind make my BG rocket up - and I've still got a kilo of them left over
- low carb cheesecake has no affect at all on me
- the low carb Christmas cake tastes better than any cake I've ever eaten before AND it has very little affect on BG
- I really don't like double cream in coffee
Hi, @Chook
I'm interested in this low-carb Chrstmas cake - do you have a recipe?

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tomorrows FBG wont be good

L: Winter Salad
D: Salmon, courgette, carrot, cabbage - there was a slice of sacher torte left:woot::sorry:

Reactions: geefull

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Turkey had joined the lentil soup in the freezer as I am not ready for any more turkey yet (although I spotted a Jamie Oliver recipe on TV today using leftover chicken for a casserole which with adjustments could be good. Drop the cubed potatoes leave the cubed celeriac, chopped onion and carrots, celery, mushrooms and add low carb dumplings to the casserole stock)
Anyway today
B. Less sugar latte and 2 slices ox tongue (fed up cooking!)
L slice of Tesco's high protein bread, 6 slices of Lidl's Dulano multi German sausage, florette sweet and crunchy with Helmanns and a Black Tea.
D. Tesco's Finest scallops and chorizo gratin (quite spicy but tasty), florette sweet and crunchy salad and steamed asperagus with a spoonful of hollandaise.
(Was going to have a couple of quality street until I checked the carb content and I resisted!)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
First meal, two eggs and an enormous mushroom.
snack - slice of beef and a tomato
Coffee, grapes and nuts.
Second meal, chicken thighs, berries and cream.

Reactions: mo53

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday - dinner at MIL's instead of Monday because of the weather
Breakfast - porridge
Lunch - none
Dinner - copious quantities of roast pork with broccoli, carrots and 1 tiny roast potato, pud was a chocolate mug cake with greek yoghurt for me and custard for Mr G and his mum.

Wednesday
Breakfast - porridge
Lunch - homemade spicy beef and veggie soup
Dinner - chicken bhuna with mixed veg on the side.