What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
New Years Eve

L: Cold meat and winter salad

Went out to a restaurant for Dinner

Canapes
Beetroot Cappuccino with horseradish
Seared scallops, Jerusalem Artichoke Puree Wood Blewit and Truffle
Rabbit and Ham hock Ballotine with Langoustine
Pan Fried Sea Bass with Bouillabaisse sauce,Tiger Prawn Fritters and celeriac cream
Chocolate Cream with Toffee and whisky ice cream :sorry:
Coffee and sweet meats:oops::oops:

Drool. :happy: That sounds amazing!

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Drool. :happy: That sounds amazing!
It was! I wish I had taken pics of each of the courses now
The beetroot thingy was like a soup - not too much - about 150ml
The scallops - just two
The rabbit thing - about the size of a slice of black pudding
The Sea Bass was simply divine and sooo low carb
Dessert - just couldnt resist :-/

Told off by Mrs W_F for having a bit of bread roll to mop up - well it would be rude to pick the plate up and lick wouldnt it?

menu.jpg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Saturday
Breakfast - porridge with almond milk and ground flax seed added.
Lunch - pumpkin and vegetable soup
Dinner - meatballs in tomato sauce with mixed veg.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It was! I wish I had taken pics of each of the courses now
The beetroot thingy was like a soup - not too much - about 150ml
The scallops - just two
The rabbit thing - about the size of a slice of black pudding
The Sea Bass was simply divine and sooo low carb
Dessert - just couldnt resist :-/

Told off by Mrs W_F for having a bit of bread roll to mop up - well it would be rude to pick the plate up and lick wouldnt it?

View attachment 21505
Lovely menu. My kind of food - I'd eat all of that which is unusual for me and set menus nowadays

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon, egg, sausage, tom, beans, hash brown, herb tea
Late L: broccoli and cheese soup, kind nut bar
S: chocolate chia pod
D: none :D

Reactions: Chook

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Red berries with yoghurt

L. Ate out. Prawn cocktail. Bacon, sausage, fried egg, 1/2 tomato, slice of black pudding and mushrooms.

D. Olives with houmous. Oppo salted caramel icecream.

I seem to have eaten a lot today. I'm looking forward to getting back to swimming and usual diet tomorrow. :)

Reactions: Chook

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ½ a Yoghurt
L: Small bowl of home made coleslaw
D: Roast Lamb, snips, 1 potato, cabbage and brocolli, followed by an almond tart with whipped cream, no flour, I will get the recipe later. A little on the dry side but I have recorded a sub 6 at 2 hrs :D

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B. 2 Heck gluten free chicken sausages , fried egg , 4 cherry tomatoes and black Tea.
L. 1/2 Morrisons Maine dressed lobster (Yum) and Water
D. Rib roast , steamed asperagus, 3 chestnut mushrooms and 1/2 a Yorkshire pudding. Campari and soda and a small square of mature double Gloucester cheese.
Hubby will be going to the pub with brother for a couple of hours tomorrow so time to get started on the ironing again. Busy having a clear out that stopped for Christmas so want to get it finished now.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy New Year to everyone and I hope it is a healthy one for us all. :)

Breakfast (when I can face it): Leftovers from last night
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Roast turkey, pigs in blankets, Mr C' s wonderful sausagemeat and herb stuffing. Sprouts, one parsnip, spoonfull of carrots, runner beans, cranberry sauce and nice gravy.

The reason for another Christmas dinner is that we can never make up our minds over what we should have for Christmas dinner - beef or Turkey - so we compromise and have the relatively quick to cook roast beef dinner for Christmas and much longer to cook roast turkey dinner on New Year's Day - but sadly no more presents. :(
We're the other way around Chook - the roast beef is New Year. Used to be a steak and ale pie with mash and sprouts but obviously that's a no no for me now. I did manage to fit in 1/2 a Yorkshire pudding though (gave brother the other half before I weakened )

Reactions: mo53

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Yesterday-

B: bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes;

L: nothing

Afternoon Snack: seed crackers with butter;

D: liver and bacon with sprouts and cauliflower mash, two glasses of red wine.

Very happy that I have only put on 500g over the Christmas period. Before diagnosis, it used to be a lot more. This is the first new year where I'm not gloomily contemplating a low-fat starvation diet or just giving up.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
800 cal Blood Sugar diet starts tomorrow as Mr C is on lates and won't panic if I don't have a big dinner as he won't know :) :) He's used to me skipping breakfast and lunch but gets this worried look in his eyes if he considers my dinner isn't sufficient. So, today:

Breakfast: Two cold chipolata sausages
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Mr C is trying his hand at making a Diet Doctor pie crust with some of the left over turkey and herby sausagemeat stuffing balls, mushrooms and some kind of low carb sauce or gravy. Hmmmmm I haven't eaten any kind of pie for about four years so we are hoping this one will be gentle on my blood. Pie crust is here: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-meat-pie with it we will be having cauliflower and broccoli

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Red berries and Greek yoghurt

L. Melted Camambert with some walnuts

55 minutes swimming

D. Chicken leg, cabbage, carrots, onion and gravy. Strawberries with yoghurt.

Reactions: Tabbyjoolz

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none
L: smoked mackerel and beef tomato drenched in balsamic vinegar. Delish. Rather like soused mackerel but quicker, easier and simpler.
S: LC gluten free strawberry cheesecake. Oh my. The base was popcorn covered in dark choc. :woot:
D: homemade chicken jalfrzi with courgette, peppers, cauli and konjac rice. Maybe berries and cream later, but probably not...

Reactions: Tabbyjoolz

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK
B. Slice of Tesco high protein bread toasted with egg and salad cream. Less sugar latte.
L. Hubby surrendered the other 1/2 dressed lobster to me with 3 walnuts , 2 cherry tomatoes, lettuce and Helmanns. Black Tea.
D. 2 air fried chicken thighs, morrisons feta stuffed mushrooms and steamed asparagus
4 squares sugar free chocolate

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday
brunch - porridge with almond milk and ground flaxseed
dinner - baked gammon with mediterranean veg, broccoli and little baked potatoes (none for me but Mr G and his mum had a couple each), pud was a ground almond streusel slice with spiced apple filling, custard for MIL and Mr G and Greek yoghurt for me.
Supper - a tot of Mount Gay rum with a creamy coffee.

I haven't made anything with ground almonds instead of flour before this and I was a bit too restrained with the sweetener and vanilla, it was pretty good though :)

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Today -

B: Bulletproof coffee

L: Squid with cabanos and peppers, book choi with spring onions, mange tout shiitake mushrooms and chilli (both recipes from Tim Noakes' The Real Meal Revolution - delicious!)

D: baked cod with lemon and fennel, fried courgettes and leeks with garlic; coconut fat bomb for dessert

Reactions: geefull and Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today -

B: Bulletproof coffee

L: Squid with cabanos and peppers, book choi with spring onions, mange tout shiitake mushrooms and chilli (both recipes from Tim Noakes' The Real Meal Revolution - delicious!)

D: baked cod with lemon and fennel, fried courgettes and leeks with garlic; coconut fat bomb for dessert
What is bulletproof coffee please?

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Brew a mug full of really nice coffee. Take a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of coconut oil. Whizz up the fats and the coffee together in a blender. Pour into your mug and enjoy!