What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

A lot of chicken today.

Breakfast - none

Lunch. Was expecting to skip as on a training course. The provided lunch was indeed carby, but on going outside for a walk, discovered a whole load of food stalls, including one with delicious looking chicken skewers. Ordered one of those with salad, coleslaw and mixed veg. Delicious, but something caused a bigger than normal post meal rise - up from 4.5 to 6.1. Nothing disastrous, but a lot more than usual.

Dinner. Off to Nando’s for a plain chicken leg with salad and a post meal decrease, which then meant I ate dessert of raspberries and cream and a couple of squares of Lindt 90%.

Off to my Dad’s for the weekend with pork crackling and almonds stashed away just in case.

shoesy24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tbh, hardly anything. Bad day.
Grapes and an apple with cream.
Nuts and eggs benedict and
Rocket and minute steaks. Small rice

Not enough water.

Birthday cake yesterday for my son. Pingu. Hes 2!
Best fasting blood tho this morning 7.9.

8db29b2752bb7062c9a765fd39302f5a.jpg

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wednesday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol, a small home-made low-carb peanut butter cookie.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: A few almonds.

Dinner: Roasted Anaheim peppers filled with ground beef, feta, onions, pumpkin, eggplant, cilantro and egg and covered with Emmentaler cheese, another small peanut butter cookie and about four squares of 85% chocolate, one glass of red wine.

Reactions: Chook and Goonergal

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: A small cornsalad with mushrooms, chicken, cheese and Caesar's dressing.

Dinner: Enjoyed the last sunny and warm day out at our favorite tapas place. For tomorrow, the weather forecasts predicts rain. Ordered one small lamb skewer with bellpepper, some fried sardines, two glasses of red wine. Later at home another small serving of the stuffed Anaheim peppers and about three squares of 85% chocolate and one small low-carb peanut butter cookie.

Reactions: Chook and Goonergal

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.

Not enough water.

Fabulous cake :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I think I've come to the end of my current efforts at the ND - I lost 2lbs this week - making a total weightloss of 1st 7lbs (or 21lbs or 9.52 kgs) and I've lost 4 inches ( 10cm) off my waist measurement and I've dropped nearly two dress sizes. My BGs are slightly lower than they were at the start but not by much - they went very low in the first 10 days then (as is usual with me) my body adjusted and my fasting blood glucose has reverted back to its old numbers. :banghead:

I should, maybe, continue longer but I am slowly losing the will to live after 10 weeks of such a low calorie intake and not much to show for it in my BGs. :meh:

I'm having a couple of weeks of just normal low carb with healthy fats then I think I'm going to try a two weeks on / two weeks off diet approach as recommended by Jason Fung in his recent post here (towards the bottom when he mentions the MATADOR study) - > https://idmprogram.com/eat-fast-break-fast/

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thursday....

Breakfast: Two rashers bacon, one dry fried egg

Lunch: Small avocado with sea salt

Dinner: 150g trout fillet with stir fry of broccoli, pak choi, asparagus and orange pepper cooked in EV olive oil

Dessert: Full fat greek yoghurt with walnuts

Drinks: Decaff tea with lactofree milk until lunch time then sparkling mineral water

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Glad to report that I have finished all the GF temptations and am now happily back on my very low carb thing.

I've had a couple of days easing back in with shrinking portions of potato and no grains. Since I seem to tolerate potato quite well (and I LOVE dauphinoise pots) it seemed like a gentle way back in. Certainly no carb cravings.

Yesterday was
B: at 11am chicken in chilli and garlic with salad
L: none
D: homemade pulled pork with red cabbage. Mr B got the pink potatoes when I fished them out of the cabbage.

Today
B: scram egg and one sausage
L: (late) a huge beefburger with cheese, bacon and salad. Oh and a few stolen chips. Mr B was given my onion rings.
Won't need D, but may have berries and cream as a late supper.

Funny how I gave him the onion rings, yet had to steal a few chips. True love, eh?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I've come to the end of my current efforts at the ND - I lost 2lbs this week - making a total weightloss of 1st 7lbs (or 21lbs or 9.52 kgs) and I've lost 4 inches ( 10cm) off my waist measurement and I've dropped nearly two dress sizes. My BGs are slightly lower than they were at the start but not by much - they went very low in the first 10 days then (as is usual with me) my body adjusted and my fasting blood glucose has reverted back to its old numbers. :banghead:

I should, maybe, continue longer but I am slowly losing the will to live after 10 weeks of such a low calorie intake and not much to show for it in my BGs. :meh:

I'm having a couple of weeks of just normal low carb with healthy fats then I think I'm going to try a two weeks on / two weeks off diet approach as recommended by Jason Fung in his recent post here (towards the bottom when he mentions the MATADOR study) - > https://idmprogram.com/eat-fast-break-fast/

Congratulations on the weight loss, @Chook - full of admiration for your sticking power.

JenniferG

Homemade gelatinous meaty chicken broth :)
3 1/2 quarts. Backs, necks, wing tips, thigh bones & breast bones of 3 chickens.
Frozen in 1/2 cup portions thanks to Texas sized silicone muffin pan.
Rendered in 15 hours, veggies pulled at 3 hours.

jpwtbn.jpg

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Friday ...

Breakfast: Two double espressos with cream and xylitol. One small homemade low-carb peanut butter cookie.

Lunch: A homemade low-carb roll with mayonnaise and Atlantic shrimp. Leftover roasted and filled Anaheim peppers with a tomato-cream sauce.

Snack: Two more small peanut butter cookies.

Dinner: Tuna sashimi with a soy-galangal-chili-lime-honey-garlic-mustard sauce, half an avocado, three table-spoons of low-carb chocolate mousse.

Reactions: Goonergal and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Friday...

Breakfast: Toasted Lidl protein roll with cheese and baked beans

Lunch: Small (100g) avocado with sea salt

Dinner: Chicken and salad (lettuce, v. small tomato, small amount of red pepper) and a Lidl protein roll

Drinks: Decaff tea until lunch time then sparkling mineral water - glass or three of red wine with dinner and during evening

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Not enough water.

I thought you were saying your son's name was Pingu then I saw the cake

Excellent baking skills!

Reactions: shoesy24

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well my last post for Thursday evening I had no idea what we were going to eat - ended up being nothing as Hubby was under the weather and I refuse to go out and eat on my own. Being used to fasting it didn't bother me not eating and the result was bed on 4 FBG 4.7.
Friday breakfast
B. 2 poached eggs, 2 GF sausages, 2 bits of bacon , 1 Slice black pudding and about 2 teaspoons of beans (Well I was hungry). Pot of black coffee.
L. Moved from York to Harrogate. @Chook finally got the Americano in Harrogate with a wee pot of cream.
D. Campari and soda and 2 glasses dry white wine. Excellent meal at the Fat Badger in Harrogate.
Started with poached duck egg on toasted brioche with mashed avocado and a salsa. Scraped it off the brioche. Main beautifully cooked lamb rump with roasted peppers, courgette and aubergine. Black coffee and a Bailey's.
BGs held up well - bed on 5 FBG 5.3 this morning.
First breakfast in Harrogate Hotel and they have GF bread and sausages. Finally able to have a slice of toast that won't send me sky high.
B. 2 GF sausages, poached egg, field mushrooms, 2 bits bacon, 1/2 tomato and a slice of GF toast. Pot of black coffee.
L. Out for a walk in Harrogate - yet another black coffee.
D. Tonight our group of 16 are heading to an Italian near Harrogate Conference centre. They do GF pasta and pizza which will suit the coeliacs in our group but it isn't Fathead so I'll go for something safer. Don't know what at the moment.
BG's really doing well thanks to all this walking despite there being more food and drink. I miss Chia Pudding though.
Most of the group go home tomorrow but We're staying until Monday.