What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
B- eggs, sausage, coffee with cream
L- grilled chicken and a side of raw broccoli slaw, avocado, sauerkraut, and mayo (don't judge!) ;)
D- cheese wedge and a smoked beef stick

I had a few jelly beans yesterday too. I don't know what I was thinking, but it didn't seem to adversely affect my blood sugar. Back on the straight today!

Today:
B- smoked salmon w/ coffee & cream
L- beef patty w/ mayo and side of tomatoes, cucumbers, and olives drizzled with olive oil
S- beef cube and a cheese, if I need it
D- ? We are teaching VBS every evening this week, so I am running home from work, throwing the kids in the back of the van with a bag of food made the night before, and taking off. Mr. Vintage and I have been scavengers for the car ride, so it is usually something portable and fast (hence the cheese and beef stick).

Reactions: 9 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
B- eggs, sausage, coffee with cream
L- grilled chicken and a side of raw broccoli slaw, avocado, sauerkraut, and mayo (don't judge!) ;)
D- cheese wedge and a smoked beef stick

I had a few jelly beans yesterday too. I don't know what I was thinking, but it didn't seem to adversely affect my blood sugar. Back on the straight today!

Today:
B- smoked salmon w/ coffee & cream
L- beef patty w/ mayo and side of tomatoes, cucumbers, and olives drizzled with olive oil
S- beef cube and a cheese, if I need it
D- ? We are teaching VBS every evening this week, so I am running home from work, throwing the kids in the back of the van with a bag of food made the night before, and taking off. Mr. Vintage and I have been scavengers for the car ride, so it is usually something portable and fast (hence the cheese and beef stick).

@vintageutopia wot's wrong with Mayo?
High cal, high fat and lo carb....
it mixed with yog, whole grain mustard, gherkins, capers and chopped onion is the base for ma slaw!! :D
Hj

Reactions: 8 people

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The mayo wasn't the issue. However, I received several side-eye looks for the combination of the broccoli slaw WITH mayo, avocado, and sauerkraut all mixed together. o_O

Reactions: 4 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: hankjam's coffee chia seed pudding with blueberries
L: baked avocado stuffed with mushrooms, sundried tomato, bacon and mozzarella, with rocket, red pepper and balsamic salad
D: will be lemon butter chicken with roast cauliflower and fennel followed by home made peach and cardamom ice cream (even though it's raining!)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The mayo wasn't the issue. However, I received several side-eye looks for the combination of the broccoli slaw WITH mayo, avocado, and sauerkraut all mixed together. o_O
Sounds pretty good to me and something I'll be doing, so thanks for listing!
Hj

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: hankjam's coffee chia seed pudding with blueberries
L: baked avocado stuffed with mushrooms, sundried tomato, bacon and mozzarella, with rocket, red pepper and balsamic salad
D: will be lemon butter chicken with roast cauliflower and fennel followed by home made peach and cardamom ice cream (even though it's raining!)
@Mongolia
Any chance for the recipe for " home made peach and cardamom ice cream"? sounds excellent!
Hj

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mongolia
Any chance for the recipe for " home made peach and cardamom ice cream"? sounds excellent!
Hj
Recipe here: http://www.mountainmamacooks.com/2012/08/fresh-peach-frozen-yogurt-ice-cream-recipe/ Obviously left out the honey and used a bit of sweetener instead but sure you could leave it out all together. After 30 mins in ice cream maker it was still fairly runny so have shoved it in the freezer to firm up. Will let you know what happens! Either way it will get eaten as it tasted yummy before putting in the mixer :hungry:

Reactions: 10 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Mongolia hello. Do you cook the bacon first that goes into the stuffed avocado? :) It sounds really good

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello.
B. Raspberries and Greek style yoghurt

L. Stilton, cheddar and a piece of Brie with a small amount of chutney

D. Chicken with roast onion, green pepper, mushrooms and courgette :)

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
b 2x egg omlete 20g cheese,1 tomatoe
l. ham 100g,lettuce 1 leaf,5 slices of cucumber,20g cheese,1 tomatoe
s.whitefish 100g,100g of carrots,100g mushrooms,100g swede
6 cups of coffee throughout the day

Last edited by a moderator:

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mongolia hello. Do you cook the bacon first that goes into the stuffed avocado? :) It sounds really good
Yes I fried the mushrooms and bacon in butter first, added sun dried tomatoes then put this into the avocado. Topped with the mozzarella and in the oven for 15 mins. It really was delicious!

Reactions: 7 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tomorrow, for lunch, i will be eating a beef tomato and a blob of mozzarella.

I will slice them evenly, then layer them alternately to form a red and white stack, drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and scatter chopped spring onion over the top.

Cant wait.

Reactions: 9 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't realise we had a what have you eaten today thread for low carb... so should I be posting here rather than in the general? Although I don't understand why is there now a general and a low carb one, or was it always like that @Brunneria?

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok so today:

B: fried egg and tomato with parmesan cheese
L: pan fried salmon with lemon and mayo. Green salad with black olives.
D: pan fried salmon with lemon and mayo. Spinach, broccoli and courgette soup.

Definitely looking straighter now :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't realise we had a what have you eaten today thread for low carb... so should I be posting here rather than in the general? Although I don't understand why is there now a general and a low carb one, or was it always like that @Brunneria?

Hi,

The old 'what did you eat today' thread was always low carb, but the posts got steadily less and less low carb, over time.

Eventually Admin stepped in and created 2 new threads. This one, for low carbers, and another thread for type 2s, to post in whatever they eat.

I think it was a great idea, because i sometimes point this thread out to new low carbers so they can see what low carbing is like on a day to day basis.

So please, post wherever you like! But it would be good to see you post here. :)

Reactions: 6 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

The old 'what did you eat today' thread was always low carb, but the posts got steadily less and less low carb, over time.

Eventually Admin stepped in and created 2 new threads. This one, for low carbers, and another thread for type 2s, to post in whatever they eat.

I think it was a great idea, because i sometimes point this thread out to new low carbers so they can see what low carbing is like on a day to day basis.

So please, post wherever you like! But it would be good to see you post here. :)

Thank you!

Reactions: 2 people

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
This one, for low carbers, and another thread for type 2s, to post in whatever they eat.
did i post in the wrong place ??as type 2 low carber and feels low everthing else at the mo lol

Reactions: 2 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: chia and all with rasps and walnuts
L: celery and all with a bunch of artichokes.... hmmm
D: Haddock/ground almonds, broccoli steamed and salad leaves toms, avocado, artichokes, rasps and creme fraiche...

one of these days fresh rasp season will end and there will be a mighty wailing and gnashing of teeth...
but until that day comes :happy:

Reactions: 12 people