What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
One slice brown bread with clover and a cup of tea.
Out to breakfast: museli with strawberry and apple only half an apple pot breakfast tea.

Lunch time: Cream of mushroom soup three halves of a small loaf with butter.

Evening meal Chicken with skin roasted and small portion of bubble and squeak Brussels and potatoes mashed and fried.

Keeping a check on my readings today.

Reactions: shelley262

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Monday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Swiss chard and onion fried in butter, olive oil, sambal oelek, garlic and ginger. Some prawns and scrambled egg.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: About 2 squares of 85% chocolate.

Dinner: Half a DD keto roll with butter, a cornsalad with Caesar's dressing, parmesan and fried mushrooms. 150g of Greek yoghurt with a bit of unripe mango fried in xylitol. A small piece of low-carb cheese cake. A glass of red wine.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Half a DD keto roll with butter.

Snack: Two Babybel cheeses and four squares of dark chocolate.

Dinner: Leftover Swiss chard and onion fried in butter, olive oil, sambal oelek, garlic and ginger. Prawns and two scrambled eggs. Half a wiener sausage and a small piece of low-carb cheese cake.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.3 FBG 4.9. As I suspected the pea and ham soup was quite carby and took be up to 8.5. However, in under 90 mins I was back under 6 and have been hanging about in 4's and 5's all day. So basically I'm not bothering about it and, having got in from icy winds and rain on the school run , I've had another small plateful.
B. DD no bread breakfast sandwich. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Very late lunch - small bowl of the pea and ham soup.
D. Remains of the smoked salmon and prawns with helmanns.
Perfect world taste of carrot cake ice cream, 6 raspberries.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11.00 baked salmon
17.30 will be homemade chicken soup

oh, and 2 squares of mint 70% choc.

If I need anything else, it will be kefir, since the kefir lake is threatening to take over the fridge.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 5.3 FBG 4.9. As I suspected the pea and ham soup was quite carby and took be up to 8.5. However, in under 90 mins I was back under 6 and have been hanging about in 4's and 5's all day. So basically I'm not bothering about it and, having got in from icy winds and rain on the school run , I've had another small plateful.
B. DD no bread breakfast sandwich. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Very late lunch - small bowl of the pea and ham soup.
D. Remains of the smoked salmon and prawns with helmanns.
Perfect world taste of carrot cake ice cream, 6 raspberries.
Good that you are recovering quickly from carb intake it must be a really good sign well done you

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew just managed a 23/1 day again third in a row but a bit harder today think some of the issue is having a cold wet day makes me want to comfort eat! On the plus side it’s bringing bg down nicely!
Dinner pork goulash with half a Lidl roll fried in butter followed by coffee and two 100% choc buttons
Pilates in the morning - may try and go for a 23/1 again depends how hungry I feel after Pilates as it often makes me hungry! I’m hoping it will make a difference to my weight on Friday weigh in!

suehatton

No breakfast.
L chicken salad with avacado. Then I put some walnuts in some greek yoghurt and went to heaven, couldn't stop and ate the whole 200g. Note to self don 't take 2 days worth of yogurt to work
Had a couple snacks today cottage cheese, half lidl roll and 2 seedy crackers broken up.
Having the rest of the salad with salmon later.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Still on one meal a day. Much easier today.

No breakfast or lunch. Dinner was 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages, 2 rashers bacon and 1 Birds Eye burger followed by 1 scoop Oppo chocolate and hazelnut ice cream with cream.

Have toned down exercise as my shin splints have been playing up but planning an early (very early) morning trip to the gym. It’s just too busy after work so want to see if it’s workable to get up early enough to get there and still get to work at my usual time.

Reactions: ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How did you get on with the mango?

Hi Goonergal,

To be honest, I didn't test. It was a long day at work, I was home late and starving. Also afraid that the mango, I had already prepared would go bad. So, I only had a small serving (maybe 40g) as part a meal and went to sleep.

Blood sugars were 5.5 the next morning - - slightly higher than usual, but this could also have been due to the lack of sleep. Just had between 3 and 4 hours.

Will try to repeat this weekend.

Edited for spelling. Wrote this on my cell phone and autocorrect kicked in.

Last edited:
Reactions: shelley262

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good that you are recovering quickly from carb intake it must be a really good sign well done you
The smaller bowl didn't go as high. Only got to 5.7 then it headed down again. Currently 4.6 but I haven't had perfect world and raspberries yet

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning.

Wednesday ...

Breakfast: Three double espressos with cream and xylitol. Half a low-carb roll with butter, a wiener sausage with low-carb ketchup and mustard, a small piece of cheesecake.

Snack: Two squares of 85% chocolate.

Dinner: A large salad (cornsalad, chicken breast, feta, mushrooms, Caesar's dressing), a glass of red wine.

suehatton

No breakfast but left it too lo g to eat and had a little wobble
L cheese and chorizo omelette
D Small bowl of chilli, no rice.
Snack 2 seedy crackers and pate. Half Lidl protein roll
Was hungry late on last night and had a ham roll up with cream cheese.
Been having dollops of coleslaw on everything but the one im having is nearly 4% carb, anybody know a good lower one?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

One meal again today. Was worried I would get hungry as I had an early morning (4.15am) trip to the gym, but was fine.

No breakfast or lunch. Dinner was home made burgers (minced beef with feta, spinach, tomato and onion) with sides of cauliflower cheese and buttered cabbage. Dessert was raspberries and cream. Weigh in tomorrow morning - hoping that weight loss has been kick started.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

One meal again today. Was worried I would get hungry as I had an early morning (4.15am) trip to the gym, but was fine.

No breakfast or lunch. Dinner was home made burgers (minced beef with feta, spinach, tomato and onion) with sides of cauliflower cheese and buttered cabbage. Dessert was raspberries and cream. Weigh in tomorrow morning - hoping that weight loss has been kick started.
4.15 am! That sounds like madness ! I know I just couldn’t do that I’m amazed at your motivation there’s no stopping you girl.
Do you do a low carb sauce for your cauliflower cheese or just put cheese on top? I ask as the no flour cheese sauce I did at Christmas was a disaster it split and I’ve avoided trying ever since - ideas welcome.
Like you I’m nervously waiting for Friday weigh in..........

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
23/1 easier today very busy and Pilates plus the sun was out at times. My pc which I work from when working on a home based project is in conservatory so very uplifted if sun shines!
Dinner remains of pork goulash reheated in pan with 20g of endame bean spaghetti cooked in the goulash and a bit of flaxseed to thicken - delicious often re heated casseroles taste better. Coffee and cream. 2 choc buttons 100% and 6 walnut halves.
See you on the weigh in @Goonergal crossing fingers for us both.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast but left it too lo g to eat and had a little wobble
L cheese and chorizo omelette
D Small bowl of chilli, no rice.
Snack 2 seedy crackers and pate. Half Lidl protein roll
Was hungry late on last night and had a ham roll up with cream cheese.
Been having dollops of coleslaw on everything but the one im having is nearly 4% carb, anybody know a good lower one?
I keep planning to look out a Keto coleslaw recipe as I used to love it but every time I’ve checked it out at supermarket have been put off by carb content - why do they have to add so many odd ingredients to so many foods! It’s not always easy to get time to make things so tend to go without but I’m slowly building up some recipes and this is one to research I think especially as I’ve got a food processor/ chopper machine as that would be hardest thing I think?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.15 am! That sounds like madness ! I know I just couldn’t do that I’m amazed at your motivation there’s no stopping you girl.
Do you do a low carb sauce for your cauliflower cheese or just put cheese on top? I ask as the no flour cheese sauce I did at Christmas was a disaster it split and I’ve avoided trying ever since - ideas welcome.
Like you I’m nervously waiting for Friday weigh in..........

I actually woke up before my alarm! So much nicer going early- was the only one in the gym for a while.

No sauce on my cauliflower cheese - pre-boil the cauliflower (but not too much) put in a very small amount of cream to add a bit of moisture and then top with plenty of cheddar and a small amount of Parmesan. Comes out really nice.

Good luck with the weigh in!

Reactions: ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I actually woke up before my alarm! So much nicer going early- was the only one in the gym for a while.

No sauce on my cauliflower cheese - pre-boil the cauliflower (but not too much) put in a very small amount of cream to add a bit of moisture and then top with plenty of cheddar and a small amount of Parmesan. Comes out really nice.

Good luck with the weigh in!
Thank you that sounds excellent will give it a try this weekend.