What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
OOOOOOoooo I'm really liking this thread.
I just stumbled upon it.
I made a massive pot of Chicken and Moringa soup 3days ago.
Been having it since. I love the moringa taste with the chicken broth. (Slighly bitter a bit like hops)
I eat only lunch and dinner.
The last time I tested was Tuesday it was 4.6mmol/L (FBG) since its the same food. I gave my finger tips a lil' holiday from pricks.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you that sounds excellent will give it a try this weekend.

Let me know how you get on. I’ve bought some great glass dishes with Tupperware tops that create a strong seal, so can make a few portions which then keep well in the fridge.

Reactions: ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I keep planning to look out a Keto coleslaw recipe as I used to love it but every time I’ve checked it out at supermarket have been put off by carb content - why do they have to add so many odd ingredients to so many foods! It’s not always easy to get time to make things so tend to go without but I’m slowly building up some recipes and this is one to research I think especially as I’ve got a food processor/ chopper machine as that would be hardest thing I think?
Added just checked on diet Dr it seems you just chop cabbage and mix with mayo vinegar salt and pepper.ive made mayonnaise or you may be able to get low carb mayo. Must give I. Go

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.15 am! That sounds like madness ! I know I just couldn’t do that I’m amazed at your motivation there’s no stopping you girl.
Do you do a low carb sauce for your cauliflower cheese or just put cheese on top? I ask as the no flour cheese sauce I did at Christmas was a disaster it split and I’ve avoided trying ever since - ideas welcome.
Like you I’m nervously waiting for Friday weigh in..........
I do a variation on the better than potato cauliflower mash. It's the same recipe - I just don't mash it.
Break your cauli down into florette. Pop in a Pyrex dish with double cream ( how much depends on how much cauli). Generally I'd be about 125 mls. Cut 2 oz butter into cubes and turn over the cauli to coat. Season.
Microwave for 6 mins. Turn over again and microwave for a further 4 mins. Check your florettes are not too hard. Pop in grated cheese , mix and then one last blast in the microwave for about 1 min.
You get a totally different taste if you make it with smoked cheese and crumbled crispy bacon takes it to a whole new level.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I do a variation on the better than potato cauliflower mash. It's the same recipe - I just don't mash it.
Break your cauli down into florette. Pop in a Pyrex dish with double cream ( how much depends on how much cauli). Generally I'd be about 125 mls. Cut 2 oz butter into cubes and turn over the cauli to coat. Season.
Microwave for 6 mins. Turn over again and microwave for a further 4 mins. Check your florettes are not too hard. Pop in grated cheese , mix and then one last blast in the microwave for about 1 min.
You get a totally different taste if you make it with smoked cheese and crumbled crispy bacon takes it to a whole new level.
Wow that looks amazing too must buy a cauliflower in the morning. Going to Ludlow for day so sure will find a good one thank you to you and @Goonergal

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No breakfast but left it too lo g to eat and had a little wobble
L cheese and chorizo omelette
D Small bowl of chilli, no rice.
Snack 2 seedy crackers and pate. Half Lidl protein roll
Was hungry late on last night and had a ham roll up with cream cheese.
Been having dollops of coleslaw on everything but the one im having is nearly 4% carb, anybody know a good lower one?
This one is pretty good at 2g net carbs per portion. Just don't go daft with carrot. I use the carrot just to add a bit colour.

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/low-carb-coleslaw-sugar-free-gluten-free/

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 4.2 FBG 5.2. Gardeners were coming today for my favourite tree's annual 'haircut'. That keeps me busy with coffee and bacon rolls after the school run.
B. Slice GF black pudding, chicken frankfurter, bacon and a fried eye . Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing
D. Minced beef , carrot and peas.
@Brunneria had turned my mind to the 90% Excellence in the fridge so I feel 2 squares coming on.
Had a campari and soda too. It's been a stressful day!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday ...

Breakfast: One and a half small tarte flambe with sour cream, a variety of cheese (old gouda, edam, and some Basque cheese), red onion, and beef salami. Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: Two squares of 85% chocolate and one Babybel cheese.

Diner: About 150g of entrecote, one avocado, two small slices of low-carb cheesecake. One glass of wine.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Celebratory day today as Friday weigh in showed a three pound loss - yay just 3 pounds to go and will have then lost three stone and be at target and able to start working at maintenance. Shows that for me swapping methods around works thanks again for your inspiration @Goonergal. Stuck to 23/1 for fifth consecutive day as feeling really good and out for a sunny market day in Ludlow
Got coffee with cream at Costa while hubby had a carby lunch!
Dinner lasagne made with celeriac slices in place of one layer of pasta and mushrooms for other layer with a topping of cream, cheese and an egg mixed together -delicious will def do again
Planning a small celebratory glass of red wine later as it’s friday! Maybe followed by my usual 2 choc 100% buttons.......

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Celebrating alongside @shelley262 as also had a 3lb loss which took me over the 6 stone loss (6 stone 2lbs).

Continuing with one meal a day. No breakfast or lunch. Dinner was what has become a Friday night tradition - fat head pizza with a pepperoni topping. New pepperoni tonight - Lidl’s rather than Asda’s. Very good it was too. No dessert as yet - waiting for Ocado delivery which will include a bar of Lindt 90%. I feel a couple of squares coming on.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Celebrating alongside @shelley262 as also had a 3lb loss which took me over the 6 stone loss (6 stone 2lbs).

Continuing with one meal a day. No breakfast or lunch. Dinner was what has become a Friday night tradition - fat head pizza with a pepperoni topping. New pepperoni tonight - Lidl’s rather than Asda’s. Very good it was too. No dessert as yet - waiting for Ocado delivery which will include a bar of Lindt 90%. I feel a couple of squares coming on.
Congrats again - your staying power and achievements are so motivating to others. Going to Lidl later next week may look out their pepperoni. Got celeriac and a cauliflower from Ludlow market today - planning to try out that cauliflower cheese on Sunday.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congrats again - your staying power and achievements are so motivating to others. Going to Lidl later next week may look out their pepperoni. Got celeriac and a cauliflower from Ludlow market today - planning to try out that cauliflower cheese on Sunday.

Thanks. It’s not Lidl own brand - it’s Dulano brand. You can get either mild or spicy. I had the mild. Enjoy the cauliflower cheese.

I’m planning on making the chocolate olive oil cake!

suehatton

Well done you what a fantastic achievement!!!

suehatton

Celebratory day today as Friday weigh in showed a three pound loss - yay just 3 pounds to go and will have then lost three stone and be at target and able to start working at maintenance. Shows that for me swapping methods around works thanks again for your inspiration @Goonergal. Stuck to 23/1 for fifth consecutive day as feeling really good and out for a sunny market day in Ludlow
Got coffee with cream at Costa while hubby had a carby lunch!
Dinner lasagne made with celeriac slices in place of one layer of pasta and mushrooms for other layer with a topping of cream, cheese and an egg mixed together -delicious will def do again
Planning a small celebratory glass of red wine later as it’s friday! Maybe followed by my usual 2 choc 100% buttons.......
Fab achievement. Well done.

suehatton

Not enough! I had bacon and egg for breakfast which strangely gave me a dodgy tum. Then I thought I had crackers in work but there were only 2 so ended up eating cream cheese with a spoon Then found an emergency 30g of walnuts Just got in and hubby has made the most delish savoury mince.....gotta go, my tea is calling

suehatton

Can I have thoughts on Fruitella sugar free Fruit Foams. No sugar but loads of carbs from polyols. Internet seems a bit divided, Atki s forum says dont worry about the polyols......??????

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I have thoughts on Fruitella sugar free Fruit Foams. No sugar but loads of carbs from polyols. Internet seems a bit divided, Atki s forum says dont worry about the polyols......??????

Never tried those particular ones, but beware the laxative effect of sugar free sweets. I had some interesting experiences with sugar free Haribo a few years ago! Different people seem to respond in different ways to polyols. Best to try and test to see how they affect you.

suehatton

Never tried those particular ones, but beware the laxative effect of sugar free sweets. I had some interesting experiences with sugar free Haribo a few years ago! Different people seem to respond in different ways to polyols. Best to try and test to see how they affect you.
I sort of compromised and just had 6. Nothing special. The others were sharing a big bag of Squashies...my faves...and I never even wanted one

Reactions: shelley262

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
7 breakfast sausages
4 garlic and herb pepperonis
diet hot chocolate with heavy cream

how can i get some veggies in here