What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
Breakfast today (2 Debbie and Andrews perfect pork sausages (5 carbs grilled) ) 2 rashers of bacon grilled, 2 medium fried eggs,1 fried tomato & mushrooms 1 slice of Oopsie bread total carbs 11 when I started this LCHF eating lifestyle 9 days ago my weight was 16 stone I know I have lost some weight but no idea how much the last time I went to see the diabetic nurse she weighed me so I will wait until my next appointment in 4 weeks time so she can weigh me again and I hope we both have a pleasant surprise.My meter reading is averaging around 8.0 so much better than before I started

Reactions: 8 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
So far, scrambled egg bacon and mushrooms for breakfast, and Greek salad with plenty leaves and a bit of ham for lunch - both meals on the road.

Reactions: 2 people

Jillyp83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
B- Two fried Eggs and ham

L- Ham, cheese, rocket and a dollop of coleslaw

T- Salmon with boursin on the top on a bed of rocket

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B 3 streaky bacon, boiled egg, handful of spinach with melted cheese
L usual - 1 toasted burgen with Philly, avocado & runny poached egg, a few pork scratchings
D fillet of sea bass & my first attempt at cauliflower rice, looks horrendous but tasted lovely,was like a beige mashed potato with garlic, try again tomorrow
Sugar free jelly

Supper to be tablespoon of coconut oil (thanks Clive)

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: plain coyo, coffeencream. Both were nice, but I sometimes wonder if the combo of coffee and coconut are somewhat lacking...

L: crustless quiche

D: same mince and med veg combo as yesterday, plus Stilton crumbled on top. Wish I had discovered that yesterday!

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Brunch: feta and chive soufflé omelette

Dinner: Mexican cheesy cauliflower casserole

Snack: low carb coconut and lemon cake (adapted from the stracciatella cake recipe on the veggie thread)
Good morning AS.... would you mind - if you can remember - letting me know how you adapted the recipe please? I have promised myself a lemon version but haven't been in my own kitchen for so long I haven't had a chance to explore it... It really is a lovely thing, this cake, and so nice to have something luxurious now and again without feeling anxious about the resulting numbers... :) My husband and son like it too, so I don't have to cook two different types of cake....

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I had, for breakfast: Vegetable omelette, smoked salmon and a dollop of labneh and some cucumber batons...
For lunch: Giant shrimp and avocado salad with rose marie sauce with tabasco to add.. :)
Supper: Large glass of Merlot, three small skewers of veg and chicken, a thin potato skin filled with chilli, topped with cheese, guacamole and sour cream; decaf coffee whisked with butter and coconut oil... I never go anywhere without coconut oil - I also always bake a Stracciatella cake with 85% chocolate chips in it before I leave home, and pack to bring with me.... and my husband's just eaten the last piece.. :) good job I'm going home to Bahrain tomorrow night... I thought I'd add ginger to the next one - it's lovely with chocolate... next will be with orange and then I'll make a lemon cake with zest and juice - all experimental but I think they should be good... I'll let you know how they work out...

Can I just add to this post that the thin potato skin with chilli etc in it worked on my numbers beautifully... I did not make it myself, it was part of a luxury buffet which also had tiny wooden skewers with very small pieces of marinated chicken with peppers and onion - another lovely thing... :) It will now be a staple for me... a sort of taco (is that what I mean?), I will scoop out the potato and mash with spring onion and butter or OO for my husband and I will fill the skins with anything that would normally go in a wrap or a taco shell, if that's the right thing... If I find something really good I'll post it...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast 2 boiled eggs with a slice of toasted Bergen bread spread with Marmite
Skipped lunch today was out shopping
Main meal at 5pm wild boar sausages, mushrooms in a sauce made with cream cheese and single cream, purple sprouting broccoli and roasted cauliflower followed by Greek yogurt with a few blueberries and two strawberries
Perfect... Apart from skipped lunch of course... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast today (2 Debbie and Andrews perfect pork sausages (5 carbs grilled) ) 2 rashers of bacon grilled, 2 medium fried eggs,1 fried tomato & mushrooms 1 slice of Oopsie bread total carbs 11 when I started this LCHF eating lifestyle 9 days ago my weight was 16 stone I know I have lost some weight but no idea how much the last time I went to see the diabetic nurse she weighed me so I will wait until my next appointment in 4 weeks time so she can weigh me again and I hope we both have a pleasant surprise.My meter reading is averaging around 8.0 so much better than before I started
Brilliant.. :joyful: That is such good news, you must be very happy...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Almond and half a coconut muffin with avocado and tomato
Other half of muffin with Philly and thinly sliced cucumber
Chicken stew with skinless, boneless thighs, baby marrow, half a carrot, half a leek, three cloves garlic, thick slice of swede diced, Kallo organic chicken stock cube and fresh parsley at the end of cooking...
Cacao powder, Stevia, Clive's tbsp coconut oil instead of the normal tsp, butter, tbsp almond butter and a dash of cream, blitzed in the bullet.... lush... :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Good morning AS.... would you mind - if you can remember - letting me know how you adapted the recipe please? I have promised myself a lemon version but haven't been in my own kitchen for so long I haven't had a chance to explore it... It really is a lovely thing, this cake, and so nice to have something luxurious now and again without feeling anxious about the resulting numbers... :) My husband and son like it too, so I don't have to cook two different types of cake....
Hiya :) I changed the flour to 125g almond and 60g coconut. Left out the essence and chocolate and added the juice of half a lemon.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hiya :) I changed the flour to 125g almond and 60g coconut. Left out the essence and chocolate and added the juice of half a lemon.

Thank you! Do you think it would be more lemony with the zest of a whole lemon in it? Or too much?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Thank you! Do you think it would be more lemony with the zest of a whole lemon in it? Or too much?
I think that would be good. Mine had quite a subtle taste, but I liked it. Another thought was spreading some lemon curd on it. There are low carb lemon curd recipes on Google that look delicious.

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
Breakfast this morning 2 kipper fillets and 1 slice of Oopsie 3 carbs total

elleyouer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B. Bacon sarnie on brown bread. Coffee & a tea.
L. 90g bag of KP peanuts and a small orange.
D. Chicken breast sliced and stir fried with bean sprouts mushrooms and fresh garlic (absolutely amazing.)
Total carbs under 100g. Aim to eat about 50g per day but before you realise it you've had unplanned carbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I think that would be good. Mine had quite a subtle taste, but I liked it. Another thought was spreading some lemon curd on it. There are low carb lemon curd recipes on Google that look delicious.
My husband loves it!! Thank you... he prefers it to the chocolate one... I did use the zest from the whole lemon... then I made 'drizzle' by using the other half of the lemon's juice and Truvia, warmed it in the mic briefly so the Truvia melted and when the cake came out I poked holes in it and drizzled it all over the top... lush... :)

Reactions: 8 people