What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @vanillapie. The bar was slightly better @ 5.6 but for a simple bar that doesn't work for me unless there is no other option - that's just me I guess. The bar was a trial to see if they would work when travelling - so now I know it won't. Again, the menu was LCHF I just have worries with so little veg and no fruit. Thanks for the useful/helpful comment I'll just keep tweaking.

Good luck! So much trial and error involved with finding the right stuff. I am sure you will find the right balance soon. :)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone,
Mixed day food wise today, no breakfast, didn’t really feel hungry plus busy
Lunch was a handful of house salad, 2 slices of roast beef, mozzarella pearls and a little bit of feta cheese with some mayo
Bullet proof coffee followed by 3 salami crisps and cream cheese BG 4.8
Dinner at frankie and bennys, 2 burgers, no buns, with cheese and bacon, salad and dressing, peanut butter cheesecake with cream 4.7 before eating, at 2 hr mark a bit higher than I like 6.9 probably due to the cheesecake but thought it was worth seeing what happened as the meal was very low carb and BG was low.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening, we too have an amazing storm, power cut in Cornwall so have been sitting in the sofa in the dark with 2 little granddaughters watching it

No breakfast

Lunch made by no 1 daughter was salmon fillet and salad with French dressing. Salad had some ‘feta’crumbled on it. Wasnt til post meal reading of 7.0 I checked and saw it was Weight Watchers salad cheese not ordinary feta. Goodness knows what it’s made of. Didn’t say anything as she is trying really hard to be helpful.

Dinner 2 slices cold roast beef and around 50g Cheddar grabbed on the go as g-daughters staying for a sleepover ( their mum gone back to her house for a rare break)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening, we too have an amazing storm, power cut in Cornwall so have been sitting in the sofa in the dark with 2 little granddaughters watching it

No breakfast

Lunch made by no 1 daughter was salmon fillet and salad with French dressing. Salad had some ‘feta’crumbled on it. Wasnt til post meal reading of 7.0 I checked and saw it was Weight Watchers salad cheese not ordinary feta. Goodness knows what it’s made of. Didn’t say anything as she is trying really hard to be helpful.

Dinner 2 slices cold roast beef and around 50g Cheddar grabbed on the go as g-daughters staying for a sleepover ( their mum gone back to her house for a rare break)
Second big storm of the evening here too, no power cut though thankfully. Nice to read that your girls are trying to provide you with suitable food even if they are getting it a little bit wrong, at least they have tried and you have been able to join in at meal times. It’s so difficult when you are away from home isn’t it? I’ve come to the conclusion that an odd meal that might cause a rise in BG is worth eating rather than making people feel that they can’t feed you. My eldest daughter was really good last time I visited her, she had obviously been taking note of things I’d mentioned eating as she had lots of things that I could have xx

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Second big storm of the evening here too, no power cut though thankfully. Nice to read that your girls are trying to provide you with suitable food even if they are getting it a little bit wrong, at least they have tried and you have been able to join in at meal times. It’s so difficult when you are away from home isn’t it? I’ve come to the conclusion that an odd meal that might cause a rise in BG is worth eating rather than making people feel that they can’t feed you. My eldest daughter was really good last time I visited her, she had obviously been taking note of things I’d mentioned eating as she had lots of things that I could have xx

Yes you’re right, if someone has made the effort it’s probably worth the occasional raised bg.
She ‘does’Slimming World so it’s all a bit counter intuitive for her, as it was to me to begin with. She says she hasn’t bought a pot of cream for years, nor had I and now I buy at least one pot a week.

@ianpspurs your ealier post also touched on the frustration of not being in charge of your own food. No eccentric handwash here though, so that’s one less thing to worry about!

Reactions: shelley262
P

pollensa

A slice of toast, by mistake ;)
HaaaaH! love this excuse, but your forgiven, whatever, hope you enjoyed anyway.

substitute instead, have you tried in substitute of bread, instead to pop in the toaster, the super Keto low carb mediterranean flat bread? so easy to make, once made, bag it put in freezer and take a slice out when you want, great with avocado or cheese on top. Just a suggestion box, www.dietdoctor.com recipe is on the site under "Breads", that way, dont have to feel guilty, and get stuck in with whatever topping you want..... Just an idea?

Reactions: ianpspurs
P

pollensa

Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)

Morning from Mallorca

24 hour fasting day today, from 8pm last night until 8pm this evening missing out Breakie and lunch. It was, glass of water, Black coffee no sugar, milk or butter. Just plain old delicious black expresso coffee. Feeling energized due to this lovely sunny day to pick up the surfboard and off to the beach for a surf.

This evenings menu herb chicken breast with oregano, herbs provincial olive oil, baby toms, zuchinni, pumpkin roasted together, with cress/sprinkled parmesan and cidar vinegar and green beens, caulifour black pepper for sides. Dessert, natural greek yogurt, 4/5 almonds, same with walnuts, flax, chia, sesame and sunflower seeds and will be a little naughty as strawberries in abundance here on the Island and have ONE, I repeat one small strawberry cut up over the yogurt, will feel guilty, but will burn any fructose off, by jumping on the tread for 10 mins after the mean as normal format anyway.....

Have a nice day.

P

pollensa

Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)

Friendly tip for the day, no matter what your situation allows re tolerance of eating habits, if its a "special day today" birthday, anniversary, or celebration, and your eating today plans are thinking what to have for a no guilt low carb dessert, look at this simple choc mousse keto low carb dessert only 3 items, and, best of all if any little ones "including adults too", if you dont want to enjoy as a mousse, simply pop it in the freezer for about an hour and you have icecream, "two desserts in one".

To make it even more low carb I change the cocoa powder for half slab of 98% dark choc melt and introduce instead of cocoa, it works the same, this is purey personal preference, dont worry, both ways the dessert is delicious, not for every day, for special occasions, if they fall within "what have you eaten or planning today"?

Hope you enjoy..... happy cooking in the Fridge and or freezer whatever your fancy prefers, the choice isyours.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-chocolate-mousse

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone, realised I didn’t post my menu yesterday, so here goes:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Skinny Café pancake with bacon and sugar free maple syrup followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: caramel phd bar and a black coffee.
Dinner: Chinese take away, I had crispy duck, just ate one small pancake and had a mere smidge of the sauce followed by one of my failed low carb scones, which I’ve rename Bakewell cake as that is what it is, not scone texture or taste at all. Anyway I ate it with raspberry chia ‘jam’ and cream :hungry:
I’m off to a local music festival today to see my son’s band (amongst others) perform, very excited but going to have to wing it on the food, not sure what’ll be available! Yikes!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, realised I didn’t post my menu yesterday, so here goes:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Skinny Café pancake with bacon and sugar free maple syrup followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: caramel phd bar and a black coffee.
Dinner: Chinese take away, I had crispy duck, just ate one small pancake and had a mere smidge of the sauce followed by one of my failed low carb scones, which I’ve rename Bakewell cake as that is what it is, not scone texture or taste at all. Anyway I ate it with raspberry chia ‘jam’ and cream :hungry:
I’m off to a local music festival today to see my son’s band (amongst others) perform, very excited but going to have to wing it on the food, not sure what’ll be available! Yikes!
Hi, hope you have fun at the festival and find suitable things to nosh on :hungry:

P

pollensa

Nice article, and nice to see real live person photo, sorry for my naive question, but how does one actually attach a real life photo?, same as how does one actually tick whether a post is liked, hug, friendly, etc, etc? Just a question, as nice to put a real face to a post.

Reactions: ianpspurs

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice article, and nice to see real live person photo, sorry for my naive question, but how does one actually attach a real life photo?, same as how does one actually tick whether a post is liked, hug, friendly, etc, etc? Just a question, as nice to put a real face to a post.
Hello @pollensa thank you for your post, in answer to your question you need to select your name where it appears, near the top of each screen, the area where it shows you if you have messages etc. Once you have clicked on your name a menu opens, see attached photo, then you select Avatar and add your own photo or chosen image, other attachment. Hope this helps, if not maybe one of the moderators will be able to help you.
Good luck, I guess if you work it out we will see you as a real person or chosen image.

Attachments

• D5152F42-8BF3-4F54-A7BC-209D56AEA3EE.jpeg
    D5152F42-8BF3-4F54-A7BC-209D56AEA3EE.jpeg
    391 KB · Views: 197
  • 3D692861-7F72-4A7A-8AC7-BA35F6730BA6.jpeg
    3D692861-7F72-4A7A-8AC7-BA35F6730BA6.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 175
P

pollensa

Hello @pollensa thank you for your post, in answer to your question you need to select your name where it appears, near the top of each screen, the area where it shows you if you have messages etc. Once you have clicked on your name a menu opens, see attached photo, then you select Avatar and add your own photo or chosen image, other attachment. Hope this helps, if not maybe one of the moderators will be able to help you.
Good luck, I guess if you work it out we will see you as a real person or chosen image.
Ohhhh! thank you thank you, so kind, appreciated, have a lovely day from Mallorca.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did I post yesterday’s food? I honestly can’t remember! Lol
So apols if this is a repeat.

10am scrambled egg and bacon
6pm cheesy mince

I also cooked up and spiced a batch of really fabulously meaty pork ribs. Used smoked chipotle and garlic with mayo as the coating. The mayo stops them drying out when in the oven.

Eating ribs in this house is always hysterical.
The dogs know not to beg.
They know it doesn’t get them what they want.
However, they also know that I give them every piece of cartilage that crops up.
So I sit there, doing a Henry VIII, and making sure that each morsel of cartilage is clean of spices and set to one side.
They wait.
They focus.
They worship.
Occasionally Tara emits a tiny trembling whine.
Then, when I have finished, I get up and place the cartilage in their bowls.

Haha! Happy mutts.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah well , catch up again. Bed on Friday 7.2 FBG 6.5 but on rapid descent. Busy day yesterday with No 2 grandsons birthday. Boys went with Mum & Dad to a wrestling event locally and they loved it. Saturday consisted of trying to get from A to B quickly while avoiding barricades for the marathon.
B. None - wanted out quickly.
L. Eventually - 1/2 Mattesons smoked sausage with 2 scrambled eggs and a Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. More breakfast like I know but I wanted something a bit mire substantial as we were going to be late eat in.
D. Very late - slice each of roast pork, ox tongue, turkey breast and thin roast beef. Lettuce, Santini tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, baby beet, German smoked cheese, 2 Walnuts and coleslaw.
Throat is getting sore again so back on the paracetamol. Had a late scoop of halo top to ease the throat.
Today - Sunday
Bed 7.2 FBG was also 7.2. Had a horrible night and awoke feeling like a limp, damp washcloth. Hot shower helped. Have instructed son to walk the boys to ours for transport to swimming lessons as I refuse to spend 1 hr plus trying to travel 0.8 of a mile there and back through the marathon traffic. From ours I just need to get 500 yards before I get onto barricade free zones.
B. Slice Hovis lower carb seeded with lurpack, lettuce , slice turkey, couple of Santini tomatoes and a bit of Helmanns. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing - will be trying to get the boys to swimming lessons and back.
D. Rick Stein Beef Stroganoff and celeriac chips. I suspect a campari and soda and a wee Prosecco may also be required depending on how long it takes to get home. Roads will reopen at 7pm but hopefully I'll be back long before that. A day where patience and plenty fuel is needed.
@DJC3 - that's just reminded me of another of MILs sayings "Patience is a virgin'

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
breakfast: one boiled egg ( but not the shell), 1/4 cup rolled oats with wheatgerm, linseed powder, hemp powder, psyllium husk wetted out with hot water and milk added, 1 to 2 cups of instant coffee with soy milk
Lunch: one apple, 1 tub soy yogurt and 8 roasted chestnuts, one cup of coffee with soy milk
Afternoon: one banana and one kiwi fruit with yoghurt
Dinner: one vegetable patty, cauliflower, brussel sprouts peas and broccoli, one persimmon
Supper: one low carb biscuit

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick question, where do people buy almond flour please as we seem to be finding a few more recipes I like?

Almond flour is just a finer ground version of ground almonds. Except it is much more expensive. So I use ground almonds for every recipe. Works perfectly :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Almond flour is just a finer ground version of ground almonds. Except it is much more expensive. So I use ground almonds for every recipe. Works perfectly :)
Thanks for the reply. It is the fact that the flour is finer that works for us which is why I was asking. Probably just our preference but thanks again.