What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glorious day here, far too nice to be at work but I did make the best of it by having my lunch outside and taking a nice extended walk.
B - handful of pork scratchings and a portion of cheese, I did have a cappuccino before I left for work ;)
L - salad with leftover chicken from yesterday
Snack of some chocolate coffee almonds and 3 cherries
D - was delicious even if I say so myself, I fried some beef mince and onion, added a little bit of stock and tomato purée, lined a dish with celeriac, added a layer of mince, layer of celeriac and cheese slice, repeat layer and top with cheese, baked until celeriac was cooked, served with salad followed by chocolate oil cake and cream BG pre meal 5.1 post 5.5

Attachments

• 91DD79F3-C02C-4128-9039-C2B7350C69F1.jpeg
    91DD79F3-C02C-4128-9039-C2B7350C69F1.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 512A10AB-9C51-4382-AF07-70DE5D69FD0B.jpeg
    512A10AB-9C51-4382-AF07-70DE5D69FD0B.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 349
  • 6858B6E7-66BF-4C1F-A8B2-324BFA34C984.jpeg
    6858B6E7-66BF-4C1F-A8B2-324BFA34C984.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 347

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aha, that's why I get so tired and can only manage 1 length then
The breathing technique for “proper” swimming takes a while to master, it’s hard to relax until you get confident with breathing and you are not panicking about taking in great gulps of water. The benefits of swimming though are worth the effort, I plan to swim after work this week as we are having such lovely weather. I am lucky that we have a pool where I live so no additional effort required to get myself there just need to convince myself that it’s better for me then sitting in the deckchair :happy:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 Thanks for the adapted LC crispbreads recipe they look like they would suit me. My meal earlier gave a 0.5 rise at 2 hrs so that target was met I await any delayed rise but inch by inch for now.
Brilliant sounds good. Hope you like the crispbread crackers. This batch I used a Waitrose mix milled golden flaxseed with chia and hemp seed and mixed seeds (sunflower, seasame and pumpkin) and it worked well. I do smallish one like the size of thin crackers but did thicker ones last time and preferred the thinner smaller ones. Only prob is rest of family also love this version and keep helping themselves!

Reactions: ianpspurs

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glorious day here, far too nice to be at work but I did make the best of it by having my lunch outside and taking a nice extended walk.
B - handful of pork scratchings and a portion of cheese, I did have a cappuccino before I left for work ;)
L - salad with leftover chicken from yesterday
Snack of some chocolate coffee almonds and 3 cherries
D - was delicious even if I say so myself, I fried some beef mince and onion, added a little bit of stock and tomato purée, lined a dish with celeriac, added a layer of mince, layer of celeriac and cheese slice, repeat layer and top with cheese, baked until celeriac was cooked, served with salad followed by chocolate oil cake and cream BG pre meal 5.1 post 5.5
I do fancy the mince and celeriac moussaka style dish yum

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Scorcher today. I have a pile of ironing to do but no way in this heat. Nieces house is progressing. Now just painting and flooring. Bed 6.6 FBG 5.8.
A day of leftovers.
B. Last bit of GF black pudding, slice back bacon , 2 buffalo & mozzarella sausages and a fried egg (got another double yolker).
L. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
D. More leftovers. 6 sweet potato chips, slice each roast pork, chicken, ox tongue, spoonful of coleslaw, 3 cherry tomatoes, lettuce , Helmanns.
So hot so had the last scoop of Halo Top with 3 raspberries and 6 blueberries.
Poor No 2 is having a dreadful time with hayfever. Seems we are scheduled for the hottest day yet tomorrow.

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Or your favourite supermarket stops stocking something you love. My Tesco has just stopped stocking coconut cream, an essential ingredient for my coconut porridge :( I had to drive right round to the other side of the city to Waitrose to stock up, I bought 10 tins, should last me a month! Tesco have also stopped selling phd protein bars which I recently discovered, however I have found them cheaper on Amazon.
Yes: I don't know what Tesco are up to at the moment; they've stopped selling KoKo yoghurt and a number of lactose-free cheeses, which makes my life somewhat awkward.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Boiling here too. Really starting to wind down before my holiday on Thursday.

Today’s menu was:

Breakfast - none

Lunch - M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos and a 25g packet of almonds.

Dinner - Shake Shack. Bunless cheeseburger with tomato, onion, lettuce and mayonnaise. Two Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons when I got home. Lowest readings of the day 2 hours post dinner and 1 hour later after Pilates. Think I have finally burnt off Saturday’s excesses.

@ianpspurs what did you think of the mango Diet Coke? I was given a free cherry Diet Coke and spat out the first mouthful before ditching the rest! Imagine the mango might be even worse!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1pm a 40g bag posh pork scratchings
4pm a chunk brie
7pm homemade beef burgers with cheddar, lardons and a small portion of goatsmilk yog.

Afterwards we went for a lovely walk round the lake. Absolutely glorious evening.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
D - was delicious even if I say so myself, I fried some beef mince and onion, added a little bit of stock and tomato purée, lined a dish with celeriac, added a layer of mince, layer of celeriac and cheese slice, repeat layer and top with cheese, baked until celeriac was cooked,

Your dinner sounds lovely Jayney, I shall try this. How long approx did it take to cook?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast at home before leaving for my Spa break: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Mid morning: phd bar and black coffee.
Late lunch in the spa, spinach and bacon fritatta with chargrill cauliflower, broccoli and pine nut salad.
Snack in Spa Suite: strawberries dipped in dark chocolate.
Dinner at Strada: pork and prosciutto with green beans and mushrooms followed by strawberries and cream, then two small dried apricots dipped in dark chocolate.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs what did you think of the mango Diet Coke? I was given a free cherry Diet Coke and spat out the first mouthful before ditching the rest! Imagine the mango might be even worse!
@Goonergal Probably my 3rd cola in 4 years so it was a change and I really can't remember what it should taste like. I could get enough hint of mango and with lots of crushed ice I was happy enough to drink something other than 2-3 pints of tea. Obviously had been well tried as last pack on the shelf at nearest Waitrose

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your dinner sounds lovely Jayney, I shall try this. How long approx did it take to cook?
It was lovely, it was about an hr in the oven, I have a 3D fan oven and it was set to about 160.
The skill was cutting the celeriac into thin and even size slices, not as easy as slicing potatoes. I fried the mince and onion first then layered everything before popping in the oven. I think it would also be nice using aubergine in place of the celeriac, more like a moussaka.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast at home before leaving for my Spa break: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Mid morning: phd bar and black coffee.
Late lunch in the spa, spinach and bacon fritatta with chargrill cauliflower, broccoli and pine nut salad.
Snack in Spa Suite: strawberries dipped in dark chocolate.
Dinner at Strada: pork and prosciutto with green beans and mushrooms followed by strawberries and cream, then two small dried apricots dipped in dark chocolate.
Menu sounds lovely, hope the spa is working its magic too.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
Didn’t get time to post yesterday. My friend from S Africa still staying and another friend from our student days came round, then my eldest daughter phoned to say she was popping in for lunch on her way back down to Cornwall having been at Ascot races this weekend.
B: scrambled egg and smoked salmon

L: baked salmon with salad and homemade mayo.

Didnt have a proper dinner - sat in the garden as people came and went with a variety of LC nibbles - olives, feta cheese, almonds, salami etc. We had fresh mint tea, then progressed to a couple of G&Ts later.
A lovely day.

Today
B: scrambled egg, smoked salmon, avocado

L: Prawns, avocado and salad leaves with homemade mayo. Adonis blondie bar

D: 2Naked sausages with brocolli and cauli cheese

A few brazil nuts as a snack at some point.

@Rachox hope you are having a wonderful spa break with your daughter. Bliss!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was lovely, it was about an hr in the oven, I have a 3D fan oven and it was set to about 160.
The skill was cutting the celeriac into thin and even size slices, not as easy as slicing potatoes. I fried the mince and onion first then layered everything before popping in the oven. I think it would also be nice using aubergine in place of the celeriac, more like a moussaka.

Thanks. I know what you mean about the skill in slicing the celeriac - I have a lovely sharp knife but my husband says I shouldn’t be allowed to use it as I am always slicing bits off my fingers too!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. I know what you mean about the skill in slicing the celeriac - I have a lovely sharp knife but my husband says I shouldn’t be allowed to use it as I am always slicing bits off my fingers too!
Yes they are tricky but worth the effort, so tasty and versatile. I am new to the wonders of celeriac but am definitely a convert now.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 You don't have a mandoline do you ;)