What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 kippers
L: 2 pieces of 85% dark chocolate with a cuppa tea with full fat milk. No cream in!
D: crustless quiche (left the base too) with salad pickles olives and Cole else
S: 3 large strawberries and cream and a coffee with cream (ive been shopping!)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to, but chucked it out a few years ago when going through one of my decluttering phases. Very annoying of me.
Can't see this helping with celeriac
20180626_092230.jpg

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
2nd OMAD day in a row this time no milk or mylk in drinks just to try to do it properly. 2 firsts as well - pigeon flew in and around before hiding behind sofas at dinner time. Dogs sensed fresh meat but eventually it flew out. 2nd first was carving and eating buffalo rib - huge bone almost dinosaur like but which dog gets it?? @maglil55 Capt Corelli would never use anything else :angelic:
Menu today:

B: 2 huge mugs ( approx 1.5 pints each) Lemon green tea
MMS 2 more huge mugs Lemon green tea in my other huge mug (Mr Grumpy actually - also 1,5 pints)
L: Exotic mango coke (sugar free)
MAS: Tassimo Ameircano Grande Black - surprisingly OK; I would say in 63 years I have not had black coffee more than 3 times - from what I can remember this is the best it was certainly drinkable; 1 pint water
D: Very slow cooked buffalo rib ( approx 15 hrs in sous vide) and salad topped with chia seeds and pysllium husk powder; Olive Oil and ACV vinaigrette (never forget the Dijon); homemade raspberry ice cream with own raspberries; Water with slices of lime;
Buffalo is very tender but at least cooked that way no difference in taste to high quality beef rib. Stay hydrated folks.

Geranium72

Today has been sooo hot - got to the tram stop to find no trams so had a 20 minute sprint (well fast shuffle) and just made my train. Still good exercise!
Today
B- leftover chilli and a couple of fathead nachos
L- salad with Caesar dressing ham cheese avocado and olives and pecans
Snack - a few pork crackling straws
T- pot luck from the freezer - gammon kebab with pepper mushroom and onion stir fry. Prob strawberries and cream after and maybe a square of dark choc

For those who make the choc olive oil cake I have found the nigella recipe but which sweetener do you use instead of 200g sugar please? It sounds delicious but I can’t quite work out whether the sukrin ethyritol is one for one - 200g seems a lot

Thanks in advance

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today has been sooo hot - got to the tram stop to find no trams so had a 20 minute sprint (well fast shuffle) and just made my train. Still good exercise!
Today
T- pot luck from the freezer - gammon kebab with pepper mushroom and onion stir fry. Prob strawberries and cream after and maybe a square of dark choc

For those who make the choc olive oil cake I have found the nigella recipe but which sweetener do you use instead of 200g sugar please? It sounds delicious but I can’t quite work out whether the sukrin ethyritol is one for one - 200g seems a lot

Thanks in advance
Hi @Geranium72 re erythritol yes it is a straight replacement as erythritol is only 75 percent as sweet as sugar unlike artificial sweetners which are more intense. The weight for weight also balances the mix out. It’s a large cake though so you could reduce the quantity of all ingredients if you don’t want such a large one. I make all the mix as per recipe but divide into two loaf tins and then freeze one of them it works really well. I bake for 40mins. I also use a slightly different method seperating the eggs and beating egg whites separately to soft peaks. Egg whites are then folded in at end which makes cake rise better in my opinion.
I do the same with the lemon drizzle so that can cycle cake flavours round each week. Each loaf tin can be cut into about 10 slices and if this size is about 1g of carb per slice.

Reactions: ianpspurs

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone tried lo dough? Usually I can find targeted ads a bit annoying but every so often something useful pops up. It's not cheese based like Fathead and it has a 6 month shelf life. Thinking it could be a good store cupboard addition.

https://lodough.co

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all looking after family puppy today good to see him and as per usual when took him for a very short shady walk on grass with water on hand we drew adoring crowds never knew how many friends you make when you walk a dog especially one who looks like a teddy!
Breakfast one boiled egg, one slice of LC bread and coffee with inulin
Lunch three seeded crispbreads with chicken liver pate followed by small slice of choc olive oil cake
Two pots of green tea with peppermint
Dinner chilli made with pork mince followed by strawberries and fage Greek yoghurt

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone tried lo dough? Usually I can find targeted ads a bit annoying but every so often something useful pops up. It's not cheese based like Fathead and it has a 6 month shelf life. Thinking it could be a good store cupboard addition.

Hi - personally I hated it finding it to be overpriced and tastes like chewing rubber! I was seduced last autumn by an advert and thought wow so paid for taster box. I’d really not recommend but have heard some people like it. It may just be be me. I had to bin it despite price

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi - personally I hated it finding it to be overpriced and tastes like chewing rubber! I was seduced last autumn by an advert and thought wow so paid for taster box. I’d really not recommend but have heard some people like it. It may just be be me. I had to bin it despite price
You don't make it sound attractive. I'm undecided but reluctant to spend £5 to chew rubber.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1pm posh pork scratchings and a chunk of cheese
5pm LC hot choc
7pm a big chunk of baked salmon with jerk paste stirred into a mix of mayo and goatsmilk yog. That scotch bonnet chilli is POWERFUL stuff.

The strawberries are cropping. They are small, beautifully intense and not very sweet. Lovely. I will have 3 later, with cream. More to pick tomorrow. :D

Edited to add: also had a 65g of smoked oysters at around 4pm. Delicious.

Last edited:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today

Thanks in advance
Hi I was going to answer your question re the sugar but I can see that @shelley262 has covered it beautifully, so I will just add that the cake is amazing, also enjoyed by my non low carb colleagues, don’t think they believed me when I told them the ingredients :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi @maglil55 i must have got the same pop up as you, I have ordered the trial size, just out of curiosity, as you say it might be ok as a store cupboard addition, my order has been dispatched so I will let you know what I think when I’ve tried it.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @shelley262 - brilliant answer. I think I’ll half the recipe to start then - lemon also sounds delish!
Brill have you got lemon drizzle cake recipe? If not can post my version if you’d like
Edited decided to put on recipe for in case you or anyone else is interested. Think this version is my best ever OH also really loves it. Very lemony good for summer

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @maglil55 i must have got the same pop up as you, I have ordered the trial size, just out of curiosity, as you say it might be ok as a store cupboard addition, my order has been dispatched so I will let you know what I think when I’ve tried it.
Thanks. I prefer home made but there are just these times when it would be useful just to grab a store cupboard item.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no, fingers crossed for me then. I tried the low carb bagels from a different supplier, have to say they got binned but the wrap was ok, I used them as pizza based, I think they were made by Joseph’s.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another beautiful day weather wise so again ate my lunch outside and went for a lunch break stroll around the grounds at work.
B - ham and cheese
L - chicken salad and about 6 cherries
Coffee with cream and an Adonis bar when I got home
D - celeriac mash, pork chop, peas, carrots and gravy, an experiment, I’ve not eaten peas, carrots or had gravy since my Christmas dinner, before meal BG 5.4 so am keen to see 2hr reading
Edited to add my post meal BG 5.9

Last edited: