What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody:)
B. Pumpkin 9 bar. ( the best thing I could find to eat this morning)

L. 2 slices of ugg foods chia seed bread with smooth Brussels pate and small piece of chilli cheddar

D. Roast chicken thighs and a drumstick with Mediterranean vegetables cooked in olive oil.

I do have raspberries available for the British menu followed by bake off. :)

Reactions: 7 people

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
B.lidl protein roll 1/2,ham 30g = carbs 5.1, cals 164
L.whitefish[CORNMEAL10g] 100g,califlour 80g,carrots 100g,swede 100g = carbs 16.5, cals 165
S.lidl protein roll, ham 30g,cheese 20g = carbs 10g,cals 363

Reactions: 5 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: cheese omelette
L: chia and raspberry pud, redbush and vanilla tea
D: quorn and veg madras, cucumber and cashew salad
Bake Off snack: Got a creamy decaf and chocolate orange almond cake planned for later

Reactions: 5 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol I love the way we plan snacks for watching the cookery programmes. They really do stimulate the appetite. :)

Reactions: 10 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - 3 pork sausage & fat bomb
L- 2 sausage, 1 bacon, grated cheddar & lettuce (best I could get from the canteen :banghead:)
D - Halloumi & spinach with parmesan. Also pinched a piece of spicy breaded chicken from my son :p
S - a handful of macadamia nuts & a fat bomb.

Truth be told, I don't much like the fat bombs I made and I'll be glad to see the back of them. They need more spice, or heat, or something when I make another batch.

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B - 3 pork sausage & fat bomb
L- 2 sausage, 1 bacon, grated cheddar & lettuce (best I could get from the canteen :banghead:)
D - Halloumi & spinach with parmesan. Also pinched a piece of spicy breaded chicken from my son :p
S - a handful of macadamia nuts & a fat bomb.

Truth be told, I don't much like the fat bombs I made and I'll be glad to see the back of them. They need more spice, or heat, or something when I make another batch.
I find Tabasco useful for such times.... quick zap.... done. :)

Reactions: 8 people

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: bowl of almond milk chia seed 'pudding' hated it and didn't finish it!
Snack - 2 seed crackers
L: out for lunch, bacon and Brie salad, included sun dried tomatoes
D: lamb surprise! (Fried left over roast lamb, aubergine, peppers, mushrooms, courgette noodles and cheese) -rather nice!

Reactions: 6 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG: 5.5
B: Coffee with lactofree
L: 1 chicken thigh (cajun leftover), and half a baked aubergine with feta cheese.
S: 1 choc 70% square, pecans and walnut, decaf coffee with lactofree
S: Experimenting: Scrambled egg with truffle butter....mmm sumptuous and delicious
D: Pan fried salmon, avocado, pan fried halloumi
S: maybe some yogurt and chia seeds later... maybe

Reactions: 9 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to "normality"

B: Scrambled eggs & bacon
L: pate cheese & salad
D: sirloin steak, salad and portobello mushroom topped with bacon bits and cheese.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Chia and stuff with blueberries, good
L: fried aubergine, olives, feta, gherkin, celery
D: slow roast shoulder of pork, sauerkraut, cabbage fried in coconut oil with cumin seeds,
lots of water
late night coffee.
It's alright.

AllyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bad manners, cottage cheese lol
B: 2 pork and caramelised onion sausages, fried egg and slice of nimble with butter.

L: McDonald's chicken and bacon salad, left half because the leaves were very bitter.

D: 3 salted chilli pork belly slices.

S: small bag of salted peanuts.

Wildrover

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Standard steak can be changed to restaurant grade by smearing in Maldon sea salt for 20 mins max. Wash off and dry thoroughly. Light coating of olive oil and rest. Time taken to cook to your liking is only in relation to the thickness of the steak.

Do this.. palm up touch your thumb and first finger together feel the fleshy part of the part of the palm below your thumb and first crease. That's what a rare steak should feel like to the touch. Now put your thumb to your second finger - medium rare. Thumb to 3rd finger - medium. Thumb to pinky - might as well have just gone and bought a fry bentos.

That hunky is just the basics, a big green salad, a wet coleslaw combo and a glass of red. What could possibly go wrong. Haven't even started on the various sauces that a lchf encourage and thrive on.

IMHO - there is no such thing as a bad steak just an unloved one.

LMAO Baruney

You do realise that you've now got half the country looking at their right hands and palm touching their thumbs and fingers etc etc ..... Your a gem

Reactions: 3 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 3-egg frittata with mushrooms, tomatoes & bacon all chopped up
L: "Everything from the salad drawer" salad with cheese, home-pickled beetroot and home-made dressing. Weekday lunches have to be portable to go to Mrs DeeJayR in her shop
D: Salmon poached in spiced tomato, ginger & coconut milk with steamed celeriac, broad beans & broccoli
I don't regard all this as a diet. It's just interesting food, and what I used to eat may have been more convenient but it was so BORING :D

Reactions: 10 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Chia and stuff with blueberries, good
L: fried aubergine, olives, feta, gherkin, celery
D: slow roast shoulder of pork, sauerkraut, cabbage fried in coconut oil with cumin seeds,
lots of water
late night coffee.
It's alright.

Been meaning to ask HJ do you make your own sauerkraut? Cause I wanna try this fermenting lark. I like me a bit of Kimchi.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Been meaning to ask HJ do you make your own sauerkraut? Cause I wanna try this fermenting lark. I like me a bit of Kimchi.
Yo @Gravity-Carb not something I've tried yet.... but will.... in meantime I get a big jar of Polish SK from Tesco....

thanks for reminding me to try as I like a ferment, still bake SD for the family.... inhale but don't taste... :happy:

Reactions: 4 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday's
B: chia et al

L: curry fish (fresh sea bream) & curry mixed veg from fridge drawer, celeriac/courgette/leeks/peppers/tomatoes. Really tasty.

S: nuts, too many. And 1 square of lindt dark n hazelnut chocolate. (Shush, its in the fridge)

D: same as lunch as there was soo much and it tasted good. Made some basmati for son, I only had 1 dsp full.

S: 5 raspberries/1dsp sunflower & pumpkin seeds/1 dsp coconut yoghurt (a new one from sainsburys higher carbs 4.6g, I prefer the Coyo from testco's 0.5g carbs.)

Maybe a few glasses of wine.... maybe.

Today:
B: chia et al with 1 dsp of coconut yoghurt as I wanna use it up.
A slice of cheese as making son's toasted teacake with cheese. You see the torture we go through on a daily basis. :eek:

L: will be a salad of some kind and lamb broth with no carb noodles.

D: dunno

S: will be a square of chocolate or a spoon of peanut butter.

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Yo @Gravity-Carb not something I've tried yet.... but will.... in meantime I get a big jar of Polish SK from Tesco....

thanks for reminding me to try as I like a ferment, still bake SD for the family.... inhale but don't taste... :happy:

See the torture we put ourselves through for love :)

Ooo I will look out for that sk in tesco's, thank you, it will come in handy as a stand in during my experiments.....

Reactions: 2 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Pulling a 12 hour shift today so loaded up early...
B - 2 bacon, cheese, fried egg AND bulletproof coffee.
L - a packet of Tesco's peppered almonds and cashews plus 2 babybel.
D - dunno yet. Probably some buttered prawns with spinach and whatever veg is lying around.