What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Geranium72

Yesterday was
B - strawberries and double cream
L - ham, cheddar cheese and black olives
T- home made bacon cheeseburger and salad with low carb dressing
Gin and low cal tonic
Today will be
B- 4 low carb crackers with butter and cheese
L - remains of leftover burger from last night with salad
T- fat head pizza ( with Italian sausage, mushrooms, peppers, olives etc) and a lovely few glasses of white

Tomorrow we have friends round for the match and will do lots of BBQ meats and ribs with Greek salad and avocado salad

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your pre-meal reading could also have had a liver dump in the mix, if you had been some time since last eating.
That explanation also makes sense, I had only eaten a small light lunch at around 12.30, had an Adonis bar as a snack around 3.30 as I knew I wouldn't be eating until after 7 so yes, it was quite a while between eating and testing.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all hope good day had by all. Early posting as different schedule today
No breakfast just coffee with inulin
Lunch mushroom omlette with three LC crispbreads
Early Dinner chicken breast with green salad ( and a trial of two small slices of new potato cooked in olive oil) followed by lemon and lime mousse with yoghurt and coffee with one square 85% choc.
Later this evening friends are coming round for cheeses and wine hence no breakfast - as i aim to mainly eat within a limited time period to keep insulin levels and bgs down. Most days I aim to eat if possible in an 8 hour slot with 16 hour non eating time not always practical but do as frequently as feasible.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all hope good day had by all. Early posting as different schedule today
No breakfast just coffee with inulin
Lunch mushroom omlette with three LC crispbreads
Early Dinner chicken breast with green salad ( and a trial of two small slices of new potato cooked in olive oil) followed by lemon and lime mousse with yoghurt and coffee with one square 85% choc.
Later this evening friends are coming round for cheeses and wine hence no breakfast - as i aim to mainly eat within a limited time period to keep insulin levels and bgs down. Most days I aim to eat if possible in an 8 hour slot with 16 hour non eating time not always practical but do as frequently as feasible.
Hope you have a lovely evening @shelley262

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very warm here today so it’s lovely to be home.
B fage natural yoghurt with some dark cherries, they were frozen and by time I got to work they had softened and kept the yoghurt lovely and cold
L a wrap using lo dough filled with tinned mackerel in curry sauce, cherry tomatoes and a slice of Brie
D the other lo dough used as the base for a pizza, topped with mozzarella, onion, chorizo and 2 goats in blankets sliced and added
I have also just taken olive oil chocolate cake out of the oven, this time I’ve made it in my 10 loaf silicone tray so I have ready made portions and added some pecans

Attachments

• 29CC505B-3DDD-4FEB-A2E2-64F791270690.jpeg
    29CC505B-3DDD-4FEB-A2E2-64F791270690.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 345

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B fage natural yoghurt with some dark cherries, they were frozen and by time I got to work they had softened and kept the yoghurt lovely and cold
L a wrap using lo dough filled with tinned mackerel in curry sauce, cherry tomatoes and a slice of Brie
D the other lo dough used as the base for a pizza, topped with mozzarella, onion, chorizo and 2 goats in blankets sliced and added
I have also just taken olive oil chocolate cake out of the oven, this time I’ve made it in my 10 loaf silicone tray so I have ready made portions and added some pecans

What a fab idea, must look out for one of those, could split many of our recipes and it’d make it easier to freeze portions

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a fab idea, must look out for one of those, could split many of our recipes and it’d make it easier to freeze portions
I use this tray for the lemon drizzle recipe too, it makes it so much easier to control portion size and as you say freezing, when I want one I just get it out and they defrost fairly quickly as they are a nice size.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
71CCC933-933F-4328-8B5F-B75938B0ADDE.jpeg

Is this the one you use @jayney27?

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went off shopping with my sister today and we ended up in Marks and Spencer’s cafe . They now do scrambled egg on toast so ordered this and left the toast . Really large portion washed down with a coffee.
Still full on my return home so ended up
Eating 4 large strawberries for lunch.
Coffee with double cream mid afternoon .
Dinner was chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella and wrapped in streaky bacon together with an avocado , spring onion, mixed leaves and tomato salad and I must say chicken was delicious especially the base where the cheese had come out and stuck on the bottom.
Got raspberries and Greek yoghurt later if I can find the room.
Janey27 your chocolate cake looks wonderful could you let me know where to find the recipe please as I have a bag of pecans that need using up .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It took some time to become warm here today but turned out hot again. Turned out I had a 7 hour eating window as I was hungry from yesterday and tired after only 5 hrs sleep so I helped Morrisons clear up some stilton. i seemed a little under powered in workout today hopefully sleep was the issue not nutrition. Menu below - tomorrow will feature burgers with halloumi cheese for burgers topping. No shortage of any type of halloumi in Waitrose and it has a very long date so decided to stock up - goats in blankets will not be denied!

6.35 - 7.15 - 3 pints tea with almond milk - still needing to rehydrate
10.30 Waitrose americano with sweetner
11.30 Several chunks Stilton Morrisons were trying to persuade people to buy - just to be sociable
1.25 Water
14.20 100 gms Waitrose deli coleslaw; 2 slices Tongue; 30 gms pea shoots; 30 gms watercress; 1 wonky avocado; 15 gms Chia seeds; 6 gms psyllium husk powder; tsp psyllium husk powder; 1,5 tbls Hellman’s mayonnaise; 2 Pints Water
16.30: 1 Mango Diet Pepsi and lots of water after HIIT session;
18.30 : Salmon fillet; large salad but smaller than usual; ( 4 radishes; 150 gms cucumber; 4 spring onions; 100 gms romaine; 8 cherry tomatoes; 3 tbls olive oil;2 tbls CV; 2 tsp dijon; 1 tsp psyllium huskpowder) 30 gms chia seeds; ; probably 3-4 pints during evening about 23 gms carb; 37 gms fibre 62 gms protein

Reactions: shelley262 and DJC3

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went off shopping with my sister today and we ended up in Marks and Spencer’s cafe . They now do scrambled egg on toast so ordered this and left the toast . Really large portion washed down with a coffee.
Still full on my return home so ended up
Eating 4 large strawberries for lunch.
Coffee with double cream mid afternoon .
Dinner was chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella and wrapped in streaky bacon together with an avocado , spring onion, mixed leaves and tomato salad and I must say chicken was delicious especially the base where the cheese had come out and stuck on the bottom.
Got raspberries and Greek yoghurt later if I can find the room.
Janey27 your chocolate cake looks wonderful could you let me know where to find the recipe please as I have a bag of pecans that need using up .
Hi @connie104 the recipe is chocolate olive oil cake, several of us on this thread make it, but we substitute the flour with ground almonds and the castor sugar with something like stevia sweetener or whichever you prefer. The recipe can be found here https://www.nigella.com/recipes/chocolate-olive-oil-cake the pecan nuts are just my personal addition. When made the cake provides 2g carbs if you divide into 10 portions plus the pecans, depending on your variation and ingredients you might get a slighter different carb value but mine is 2g
@shelley262 also makes it and has an adapted recipe that she shares so when she sees this tag she may give you an alternative

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It took some time to become warm here today but turned out hot again. Turned out I had a 7 hour eating window as I was hungry from yesterday and tired after only 5 hrs sleep so I helped Morrisons clear up some stilton. i seemed a little under powered in workout today hopefully sleep was the issue not nutrition. Menu below - tomorrow will feature burgers with halloumi cheese for burgers topping. No shortage of any type of halloumi in Waitrose and it has a very long date so decided to stock up - goats in blankets will not be denied!

6.35 - 7.15 - 3 pints tea with almond milk - still needing to rehydrate
10.30 Waitrose americano with sweetner
11.30 Several chunks Stilton Morrisons were trying to persuade people to buy - just to be sociable
1.25 Water
14.20 100 gms Waitrose deli coleslaw; 2 slices Tongue; 30 gms pea shoots; 30 gms watercress; 1 wonky avocado; 15 gms Chia seeds; 6 gms psyllium husk powder; tsp psyllium husk powder; 1,5 tbls Hellman’s mayonnaise; 2 Pints Water
16.30: 1 Mango Diet Pepsi and lots of water after HIIT session;
18.30 : Salmon fillet; large salad but smaller than usual; ( 4 radishes; 150 gms cucumber; 4 spring onions; 100 gms romaine; 8 cherry tomatoes; 3 tbls olive oil;2 tbls CV; 2 tsp dijon; 1 tsp psyllium huskpowder) 30 gms chia seeds; ; probably 3-4 pints during evening about 23 gms carb; 37 gms fibre 62 gms protein
I popped into Tesco on my way home, no halloumi crisis here either, they even had a new variety halloumi with chilli

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @connie104 the recipe is chocolate olive oil cake, several of us on this thread make it, but we substitute the flour with ground almonds and the castor sugar with something like stevia sweetener or whichever you prefer. The recipe can be found here https://www.nigella.com/recipes/chocolate-olive-oil-cake the pecan nuts are just my personal addition. When made the cake provides 2g carbs if you divide into 10 portions plus the pecans, depending on your variation and ingredients you might get a slighter different carb value but mine is 2g
@shelley262 also makes it and has an adapted recipe that she shares so when she sees this tag she may give you an alternative

Thanks so much , I am going to try and make it tomorrow. I have a tray which does small muffin type cakes so will try in this .

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much , I am going to try and make it tomorrow. I have a tray which does small muffin type cakes so will try in this .
It’s a lovely recipe, very moist and seems just as popular with non diabetics, I took some for my manager, he’s a real carb fiend but devoured his in one bite and couldn’t believe it was made with almond flour and oil, it freezes well too, which is great and if you warm it and serve with cream it is heavenly x

Reactions: connie104

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.4 FBG was also 6.4 and the yo yo BGs have gone. Back to pretty stable. I too have had a lo dough day.
B. A lo dough toastie with red Leicester and boiled ham. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Off to swimming with No 1. Despite the holidays he still wants his Friday swim and the pool is pretty quiet on a Friday plus it was very humid so a welcome cool down.
After swimming another lo dough toastie with mortadella and mozzarella. Liked that one.
D. Repeated yesterday's with the leftovers spoonful of prawns, fresh anchovies, tuna, last of the whipped cream cheese, 3 mozzarella pearls, 3 mini plum tomatoes, lettuce , cucumber and 3 walnuts - and a boiled egg.

The fan oven on my range cooker has broken down. It will be the element but Gas Board can't come until Tuesday to fix it so I need stove top , grill or cold food. But I do have my IP as well plus son is having a BBQ on Sunday to show off his fake grass. Does look nice I must admit.
Just having a coffee and forgot to add I had a Grenade protein killa bar. Rather nice but a lot of polyols so wouldn't want to eat more than one a day. Did nothing much to my BGs. Found them in Tesco beside the whey protein and PHD? bars.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Great idea Jayney - did you reduce the cooking time by much?

Reactions: flexi06

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just having a coffee and forgot to add I had a Grenade protein killa bar. Rather nice but a lot of polyols so wouldn't want to eat more than one a day. Did nothing much to my BGs. Found them in Tesco beside the whey protein and PHD? bars.

I tried a PhD bar again today to see if the spike the last time was a mistake, was really in the mood for something chocolatey and chewy.
Bg before was 4.7
2hrs later was 7.0!!!
I don’t understand how they raise my bg so much if they dont contain glucose or much in the way of carbs. Really annoying but there you are. I will just have to steer clear from now on. Bah!