What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great idea Jayney - did you reduce the cooking time by much?
No not really as I didn’t have the oven as high as the recipe stated, probably just over 30 minutes, too hot in my kitchen as it faces the sun all afternoon, I just went by eye and tested with a cocktail stick.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No not really as I didn’t have the oven as high as the recipe stated, probably just over 30 minutes, too hot in my kitchen as it faces the sun all afternoon, I just went by eye and tested with a cocktail stick.

Ok thanks - yes it must have been unbearably hot in the kitchen this afternoon - true dedication shown there Jayney!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scrambled egg and avocado. Coffee and cream

L: Open sandwich on DD bread roll, cream cheese and smoked salmon with watercress and walnut salad. Sf jelly and cream.

Afternoon snack PhD bar. Boo! See post above!

D: will be roast duck leg with cauli cheese and portobello mushroom stuffed with spinach and feta. A glass or 2 of Shiraz.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok thanks - yes it must have been unbearably hot in the kitchen this afternoon - true dedication shown there Jayney!
The desire for chocolate cake after a busy week at work was too strong to resist, I can sit outside and see my oven from there so that was a good compromise

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Skinny Café pancake with bacon and SF maple syrup followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding with black coffee.
Dinner: cold roast chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by strawberries and vanilla Oppo.

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very warm here today so it’s lovely to be home.
B fage natural yoghurt with some dark cherries, they were frozen and by time I got to work they had softened and kept the yoghurt lovely and cold
L a wrap using lo dough filled with tinned mackerel in curry sauce, cherry tomatoes and a slice of Brie
D the other lo dough used as the base for a pizza, topped with mozzarella, onion, chorizo and 2 goats in blankets sliced and added
I have also just taken olive oil chocolate cake out of the oven, this time I’ve made it in my 10 loaf silicone tray so I have ready made portions and added some pecans
That looks really lovely; I wonder if Mrs GOP will make me some. (I'm not trusted to not mess up the kitchen as I wobble a lot on my pins due to some of my other probs!) ;-)}

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That looks really lovely; I wonder if Mrs GOP will make me some. (I'm not trusted to not mess up the kitchen as I wobble a lot on my pins due to some of my other probs!) ;-)}
I’m sure she would if you asked her nicely, it is a very nice cake tell her, she will enjoy it too :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Will post my proper day's food later but am I the only low carber furiously googling carbs in various alcohol or debating if one night a few nights of beer, kebab and chips and going home Tuesday lunchtime is worth it? (Never done such a thing you understand) :angelic:

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Breakfast 1. Slice of HiLo toast and seeded peanut butter, black tea.
Had to go to Dermatology about Sun damage on leg followed by breakfast 2 (emotional eating) 2 slices of buttered sourdough toast - wrong but delicious - and 2 cups of black coffee.
Late lunch. Lettuce, tomatoes, pickled beetroot, nuts. Lots of water, black tea
D. Will be cod and stir fried green vege. May have rhubarb sweetened with xylitol and stem ginger if I can be bothered to cook it.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all what a day
@ianpspurs well it is only once in 28 years so sure food and drink celebrations in exceptional circumstances don’t count!@DJC3 shame about reaction to php bars I haven’t tried them - clearly it’s individual -+but erythritol suits me so sticking to Adonis version for now!
@jayney27 your choc and pecan mini loaves look amazing well done hope they taste as good as they look.
My two slices of potatoe fried in olive oil experiment with my chicken salad was ok only up 0.8 so a bit more than I aim for usually but tolerable - will keep trying periodically!
No breakfast ate cheese until quite late yesterday so full this am
Lunch mushroom omlette followed by LC lemon cake and fage yoghurt
Dinner two small lamb loin chops served with a salad of lettuce, toms, advocado and walnuts with lemon juice and advocado oil as well as small spoon olive oil hummus and two LC seeded crispbreads and glass red wine followed by lemon and lime mousse.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening - no strike that - fantastic evening. It does present a huge dilemma as today's menu and LC in general ain't gonna soak up enough celebration juice - very good job my boys are scattered as it would become very messy - tequila for breakfast messy! Anyhow, now I am partially senile at 63 here is today's sensible menu for the cardigan wearing demographic:

7.00 -9.00 - 3 pints Lemon Green tea with slices lemon and sweetner
10.45 Vente Americano with triple zero stevia and inulin ( Filter coffee mix of Waitrose house and French vanilla and I have a collection of Starbucks mugs - all bought) I like that combo better than anything “off the shelf
14.20 150 gms Waitrose deli coleslaw; 2 slices Tongue; 30 gms pea shoots; 30 gms rocket; 1 avocado; (bigger Waitrose Avo today while Morrisons ripen more); 30 gms Chia seeds; 6 gms psyllium husk powder
18.30 : Morrisons 80z Ultimate burger 0.3 gms carb per 100 gms best I can find - Waitrose lowest is 1,1; Halloumi slice for burgers; very large salad; ( 4 radishes; 150 gms cucumber; 4 spring onions; 100 gms romaine; 8 cherry tomatoes; 3 tbls olive oil;2 tbls CV; 2 tsp dijon; 1 tsp psyllium husk powder) 30 gms chia seeds; ; probably 3-4 pints of water during evening. I want to celebrate but really loving resting pulse at/just below 60 again and want it back to mid 50s . Low carb alcohol is all the stronger stuff ) Overall about 28 gms carb; 42 gms fibre 76 gms protein (just over 1 per kg for 73 kgs)
@Dr Snoddy hug for stress of hospital visit.
My evening water drinking may be subject to change:angelic: @shelley262 If we win on Wednedsay carbs and calories will not exist:arghh:

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shopping with hubby this morning and had breakfast in the local Italian cafe . I had Two rashers of bacon and a poached egg . Followed by a flat white coffee which made me so hot I felt like I’d been in a sauna.
Came home and could not find the Cocoa powder to make my olive oil cake !! So will pop into waitrose tomorrow whilst walking dogs . I’m sure with the stress of watching the football I would have ate the lot so probably done myself a favor .
No lunch too hot
Dinner has been a diet doctor recipe for aubergine hash .which was really good the combination of fried aubergine and halloumi is delicious so I will be making this one again.
Raspberries and Greek yogurt later.

Reactions: maglil55

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Catching up :D

Last few days have had:
2 steaks
3 or 4 eggs and a crustless quiche
3 portions ribs
2 roast chicken legs
Dolce latte
And a tablespoon of couscous (big mistake, don’t ask. I have noticed that when my blood glucose is teetering low, my conscious mind just ‘forgets’ I am now gluten free. Then, hours later i rember, but the damage has been done. Very silly, but have now been blindsided like this twice in 2 months. Need to get a grip on it!)

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Thank you Brunneria, Ian and Shelley. Isn't it awful when you know you are eating the wrong food for the wrong reasons but you do it anyway. Then no way I could justify a celebratory beer or two this afternoon!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.9 FBG 6.1. Still hot and humid. Son decided he needed shopping this morning. Took me 1 hr to get him out the door then ended up in Costco, B&Q and 2 Tesco's (because the first one didn't have everything). Still most was for tomorrow's dinner which he is cooking so can't complain. Niece was moving in next door today so got caught up in that when I got back.
B. Just a coffee before I headed out.
L. Lo dough again with mozzarella and mortadella and another coffee
D. Usual cold meats. Slice each turkey, a very crumbly chicken , ox tongue. Lettuce, 3 mini plum tomatoes, aubergine babaganoush, avocado crush, cucumber and 3 walnuts.
Now on my 4th pint of water - still really humid. No cooking tomorrow evening but not an issue as both son and DIL are low carbers for No other reason than they regard it healthier.

Reactions: jayney27

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55

Whats the verdict on the lodough? Am curious, even though I’m pretty sure it has gluten in it?
Mr B might like it...

Reactions: flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Brunneria, Ian and Shelley. Isn't it awful when you know you are eating the wrong food for the wrong reasons but you do it anyway. Then no way I could justify a celebratory beer or two this afternoon!
I agree @Dr Snoddy and was just wistfully wandering along a long road called the past. In it huge men with watering cans full of beer keep wandering round my rugby club then filling my glass and forcing me to drink! In another memory I am buying watering cans of beer after scoring lots of runs or taking lots of wickets and doing the pouring. I have no idea how I or anyone else ever drank that much fluid - but I bet there will be some very messy sports clubs tonight:angelic:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55

Whats the verdict on the lodough? Am curious, even though I’m pretty sure it has gluten in it?
Mr B might like it...
I like it. It is gluten free and very low carb. My intention was to keep it for days I couldn't be bothered but I've been couldn't be bothered since I got it and I'm enjoying my toasties.
Curious texture, a bit spongy and doesn't really have any taste but you get that from the fillings. Son has made a wrap out of one but he griddled it first. @jayney27 has made them without griddling. He's also made a pizza out of one. Unlike Fathead you have to cook it with fillings on and he says you have to keep an eye on it. I'll do a pizza next week after my fan oven is fixed.
I'll certainly be ordering another box.

Reactions: DJC3