1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Mongolia

Mongolia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B: cheese & chive biscuit / scone thing with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (cheese & chive thing was yummy:hungry:)
    L: smoked mackerel with salad
    D: not sure yet, off to the pub!!

• Like Like x 8
  2. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Hi All, just realised that it has been AGES since I visited this thread.

B: Coffeencream x 2 (they were very small)
    L: Lidl protein roll with marmite and butter
    D: Moussaka with cauli cheese - divine and VERY filling
    S: 3 squares 70% choc

I'm loving the lidl rolls for convenience, BG and fibre contribution, but I am feeling the lack of veg, especially now I am on a fat only brekkie.

• Like Like x 7
  3. GeoffersTaylor

GeoffersTaylor Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B - 3 bacon, black coffee with butter (run out of coconut oil)
    L - avocado & babybels
    D - mixed meat skewers from butcher with onion & peppers. They were proper rummy and I think I could risk the flour coating on a few of the pieces.

1500 calories or thereabouts (including a glass of merlot), 40g protein, 120g fat and 25g carbs. I normally overdo the protein so I don't mind this being a bit lower than it should be.

• Like Like x 8
  4. britishpub

britishpub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Back to normal today

B: Scrambled Eggs & Chipolatas

L: the Chicken Breast wrapped in bacon stuffed with goats cheese that I was meant to have for yesterday's dinner with salad

D: pork fillet kebabs with salad

Pudd; Cheesecake

• Like Like x 5
  5. trinity0097

trinity0097 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B - 3 fried eggs and mushrooms
    L - not what I had taken to work, colleague took me out so had mushroom and spinach omelette with salad
    D - took hubby out to a Turkish place, platter to start, I just had the hallumi and meat, then lamb mince wrapped in aubergine slices with a salad instead of rice. Was sooooo yummy and so much nicer than it sounds. If anyone lives within a drive of Petersfield I would recommend giving it a go (fez)

• Like Like x 9
  6. Munkki

Munkki Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Your dinner sounds amazing, so it must have been spectacular ;)

My B: Cacao zoats with flaxseeds and cream
    L: Leftover fried baby octopus + squid with salad and mayo
    D: chicken feet and kimchi soup with a lot of lemon juice, then dessert made with cream, raw cacao, vanilla and gelatin :hungry:, then well-fermented kefir with cinnamon, handful of nuts

I feel I have quite some appetite recently, but I have also lost weight, so I guess this is alright. Compared to some posters here I feel a bit like a glutton :bag:

• Like Like x 8
  7. Celeriac

Celeriac Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B: Organic free range eggs fried in organic Virgin coconut oil, with organic closed cup mushrooms (yummy and only 95p from Morrisons)
    Skipped lunch as not hungry
    Snack 4pm small organic banana because BG was good
    Dinner will be vegetarian version of Pot au feu made with organic veg - this time it's cauliflower, Savoy cabbage, broccoli, kale, celery, leeks, red onions, tinned chopped tomatoes.

• Like Like x 6
  8. GeoffersTaylor

B - bulletproof coffee. Slightly altered recipe - a bit less butter and the addition of a good glug of double cream which makes it so much smoother to drink. Nearly 500 kickstartin' calories of fat & caffeine!
    L - avocados and babybels
    D - sea bass fried in butter with spinach.
    S - a few macadamia nuts

• Like Like x 8
  9. trinity0097

trinity0097 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B - a bit backwards today I had a real urge for a scoop of goats milk ice cream, melted in choc sauce made with 2 squares dark choc, sweetener, some butter and double cream
    L - bag of pork scratchings
    Snack - cucumber and port salut cheese
    D - pork belly slices with Chinese spice, with courgette noodles and green beans roasted with chilli oil and cheese

• Like Like x 8
  10. Mongolia

Mongolia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B: another cheese and chive biscuit thing with scrambled egg and smoked salmon
    L: baked avocado with tuna mayo and goats cheese, salad leaves, red pepper, pine nuts and fresh basil. Basil really enhanced this salad. Don't know why I hadn't thought of adding it to salad before!
    D: harissa chicken with medley of roast veg (green beans, onions, olives, tomato) and goats cheese; lemon tart & cream

Reading what everyone else has I think I need to eat less but when I make things like lemon tart there is only me to eat it and it won't freeze so I need to eat it before it goes off! Next time will make half the recipe and force people to come round and help me eat it. Hate wasting food.:(

• Like Like x 8
  11. mo53

mo53 Type 2 · Expert

Hello. Well today is my first day back on track. It hasn't been perfect but I have tried.
    B. Blackberries and raspberries with cream.

L. Bacon, a sausage, mushrooms, half a tomato and a fried egg.

S. Pork scratchings

D. Avocado with prawn cocktail. I have some blackberries and Greek style yoghurt for during Bake off. :)

• Like Like x 6
  12. GeoffersTaylor

Addenda. Movie night with kids so ... er ... extra snacks.
    Bottle of red, pork scratchings and a bag of biltong.

Not exactly well behaved, but what the heck.

• Like Like x 6
  13. britishpub

britishpub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B: Scrambled eggs, bacon, Chipolatas and a mushroom

L: hot smoked salmon with a bit of salad

Last slice of cheesecake

D: hot wings, blue cheese dressing and another bit of salad.

Opened a bottle of dry Prosecco but after one glass lost interest as it tasted too sweet. HID seems to be enjoying it.

• Like Like x 8
  14. DeejayR

DeejayR Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

B: Ran out of eggs, so sliced a not-very-ripe avocado and fried it in butter with mushrooms, tomatoes and a sprinkle of cheddar on top. Not bad. Certainly improved the avocado.
    S: Dissolved a tsp of cocoa powder in a little boiling water, topped up with coconut milk, added a tsp of sweetener (xylitol) and a glug of double cream and microwaved it for 45 secs.Fab!

• Like Like x 9
  15. Gravity-Carb

Gravity-Carb Other · Well-Known Member

Woke up to a 6.5... not the direction I've been been aiming.

B: chocolate bullet drink... with a little stevia, a little almond extract, really frothy mmm.

L: 1/2 avocado, purple 'slaw, hunk of brie, 2 slices of salami and 2 home grown tiny tomatoes.....(better than last year).

S: nuts, too many nuts. Brie.

Had a Jones for KFC this afternoon. Needed something fried.

D: homemade fried chicken thigh, with a gramflour batter made it soo crispy. With a green stir fry of cabbage, courgettie, chilli and corriander with dragon's den zero noodles (much nicer ones than the other pink slim noodles from HB ) With left over batter I fried some peppers, mushrooms and onion rings. Tasted lush. +1.6 2h post... felt a lot better about this mornings meter reading.

• Like Like x 10
  16. Munkki

Munkki Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B: Cacao zoats with coconut milk, and some nuts and seeds
    L: Broccoli with chickpeas, olive oil, tahini and pumpkin seeds
    D: Almost 8 hours later :confused: A large dinner with friends, where I helped myself to a lot of salad with mayo, eggs and bacon, some chicken and a lot of guacamole :p, one small salty potato, 3 small glasses of delicious South African Shiraz :happy:

• Like Like x 6
  17. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Yesterday I had....
    B. Bulletproof coffee - I'm addicted. Just the way coffee should be with double cream and coconut/almond oil.
    S. Pork scratchings
    D. 3 Chicken thighs with crispy skins and peas and sweetcorn.
    ....everyone was having a late supper so I nibbled on some redskin peanuts instead.
    I'm always not hungry but I'm now aware of how much protein I'm eating. I think it's the protein keeping weight on and keeping hunger pangs away. Or is it the fat which stops the hunger? :)

• Like Like x 6
  18. CurvyPixel

CurvyPixel · Well-Known Member

Yesterday I had
    B bullet proof coffee, Lidl HP roll with Philly cheese
    S peppermint tea
    L Burger King double whopper, no bun, with salad instead of chips.
    S tea, 2sq 70%choc
    D courgetti bolognaise
    S handful mixed nuts

• Like Like x 7
  19. learning2me

learning2me Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well I have learnt the hard way that skipping meals doesn't lower blood sugar.
    Was dashing out to a hospital appointment this morning and had run out of yogurt and berries so had a slice of Burgen toast with peanut butter.
    Reading stayed tthe same!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Baruney

Baruney Type 2 · BANNED

yes you can have more - some bods have 2 tablespoons. In london you should be able to get a tub of KTC coco oil for £2.20 and holland and barret have an offer on at the mo for some virgin coco oil at £6 a shot. very nice it is too. Oh decaf bulletproofs are worth a go too. Wonder when nero's and the like will start offering them? Where do you get your raw choci powder from - I am unsure what to buy but would like to try at some stage?

• Like Like x 4
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook