What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

michellek

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last nights dinner was absolutely ace , it actually looked like naughty food on the plate but wasn't :)
We had chicken thighs marinated in soy and ginger, not a lot but enough to flavour , with a salad , celeriac chips ( now addicted ) and a pile of coleslaw.

Hi Kate hope you don't mind me asking but how do you make the celeriac chips and which type of coleslaw do you use ----- sounds lovely and yummy x

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. Day 2 of trying to get back on track. :)

B. Blackberries

L. 2 slices of ugg food chia and nut bread with tinned salmon with balsamic vinegar

D. Fried in drop of olive oil, 2 red peppers, bacon bits, onion, courgettes with cinnamon , garlic salt and ground ginger. Philladelphia cheese mixed in just before serving so just melted. Simple but yummy. :)

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - ice cream and creamy choc sauce (kinda of a more palatable bulletproof hot choc)
L - couple of small pork belly slices left over from yesterday night with Brie
Snack - small bag pork scratchings
D - chilli with sour cream and cheese

Reactions: 4 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - bulletproof coffee
L - slightly elderly avocado and babybels (this is becoming my standard lunch at work)
D - BACON

S - a few cashews and all the toppings from my kids' pizza leftovers!

Reactions: 5 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Fried Eggs, bacon, Chipolatas
L: Pork fillet with salad
D: Duck Leg with salad
P: Greek Yoghurt and Blueberries

PS methinks I eat too much Salad

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
methinks I eat too much Salad
Depends what it is, don't you think? A good mix can contain great nutrients. I'm thinking spinach, sorrel, rocket, chives, mild onion, basil, parsley, white cabbage, must be lots more. And that's before you start on olives, cheese, dressings and all the other add-ons. I reckon a large green home-grown salad mix washed and spun will keep 4 days in the fridge. Shop lettuce by and large is just a cheap bulk-up beloved of the catering industry.

PS I had cheese salad for lunch

Reactions: 8 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Where do you get your raw choci powder from - I am unsure what to buy but would like to try at some stage?

@Baruney Hi and thanks for that... I tried the 2 tablespoons each of butter and c oil and I felt ill...so gone back to 1 of each. Will step those bad boys up by 1/2 tbs to check effect in the next wk or so.

I bought my Superfoodies organic raw caco in my local independent healthfood shop, £2.00 for 100g, but was on a deal soooo I'm looking around for a good price also. Tastes so much stronger than green n blacks or other hot chocolate brands. Really only need a tsp in 200ml. But I was making 400ml jugs of the stuff!!
Plan to make some raw energy fat balls with it...but um not got around to it yet. So many lists so little time....
HTH

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
C
@Baruney Hi and thanks for that... I tried the 2 tablespoons each of butter and c oil and I felt ill...so gone back to 1 of each. Will step those bad boys up by 1/2 tbs to check effect in the next wk or so.

I bought my Superfoodies organic raw caco in my local independent healthfood shop, £2.00 for 100g, but was on a deal soooo I'm looking around for a good price also. Tastes so much stronger than green n blacks or other hot chocolate brands. Really only need a tsp in 200ml. But I was making 400ml jugs of the stuff!!
Plan to make some raw energy fat balls with it...but um not got around to it yet. So many lists so little time....
HTH
Cheers Yep the full load can be quite something.

So its raw organic caco powder I'm after then. Am I after a particular carb content as I know peanuts for example range from 6g per 100g to 20 per 100g - who'd have thought!

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 500ml water, tested then had to run to meet friend for a business brunch...
In the cafe I ordered a cooked breakfast. Said I couldn't have the jug of beans or the granary toast as diabetic. "Ok what do you want instead?" Ummm an extra portobello and grilled halloumi soldiers please... I got it!! All for £5.80!! Oh my days, I love this cafe and will take everyone there in future.
Oh and I drank a peppermint tea, but I will make them wise to the bulletproofs. My work has only just begun.

L: camomile tea and a packet of kale crisps in Pret.

S: lidl protein roll and some brie walking home as I'm classy like that....

D: finally eating at home leftover fried chicken leg with, avocado, green salad bits, peppers, olives, tomatoes.
Camomile tea.

Was a good day today.

Edited to add snack I'd forgotten about. Gonna give the roll a wide birth as my hips were killing last night in bed and this morning....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
C

So its raw organic caco powder I'm after then. Am I after a particular carb content as I know peanuts for example range from 6g per 100g to 20 per 100g - who'd have thought!

Ahh carb content. At 29g per 100 you wont be interested. I am good with it in my fat drinks as it must be smoothered under the fat! I only use a tsp at a time now...so the actual amount I'm having must be low. I will try to weigh and work it out for my own daily carb count....

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello :) day 3 .

B. Strawberries with Greek style yoghurt

Lunch. Tinned red salmon. A piece of Stilton and a piece of cheddar with pickled onion flavour.

D. Chicken thighs roasted and mushrooms, courgettes, onions and green pepper roasted with olive oil. Yum.

:)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot my lunch this morning., now I'm 55 I seem to be losing it.

B: Scrambled eggs & bacon
L: Popped in a Co-Op and bought a Tuna Mayo Sandwich filler and an Egg Mayo sandwich filler, plus some Olives and Feta Cheese.
D: Will be Blackened Salmon with Veggies, plus the odd glass of something or other.

Reactions: 6 people

learning2me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B Slice of Burgen toasted with peanut butter
L Cheddar cheese, Babybel, tomato, cucumber and peppers + nectarine
S Very small piece of homemade cake
D 3 egg cheese omelette, greek yogurt and strawberries

Surprisingly my BG has gone down over the day.

Reactions: 6 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2-egg frittata with mushrooms, tomatoes, bacon & spinach
L: Home-made mushroom soup with a glug of sherry & slice of almond/flax loaf
D: Shepherd's pie with celeriac/butternut squash/cheese mash topping & leeks, broccoli, cauli & few broad beans

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - ice cream and double cream choc sauce with butter in
L - half a lidl roll and Brie
Snack - small bag of pork scratchings
D - courgette noodles with bean sprouts, beef, a pepper and creamy peanut sauce

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So
C

Who it seems I have been stopped from using emoticons I will try again lol

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DeejayR . Your shepherds pie sounds absolutely delicious! I've never used celeriac. Is it difficult to prepare? :)