What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, @ianpspurs . I had noticed you mention fasting before, along with drinking a lot of tea. :)
I do think fasting is an element I should consider more. After all, all the major faiths/ cultures have in their ancient wisdom, included regular fasting.
A bit more reading of Fung for me is required.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, @ianpspurs . I had noticed you mention fasting before, along with drinking a lot of tea. :)
I do think fasting is an element I should consider more. After all, all the major faiths/ cultures have in their ancient wisdom, included regular fasting.

Pipp is your 8 weeks on the ND done, or did you find other things getting in the way of it this time around? Apologies if I've lost track of time.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The fasting element has a very different interpretation (in Christianity) these days and would be /is seasonal - 4 times a year Wednesay, Friday and Saturday. Good luck with Fung - I would consider myself agnostic rather than atheist towards him which is a bit like apostasy on here.

Reactions: Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pipp is your 8 weeks on the ND done, or did you find other things getting in the way of it this time around? Apologies if I've lost track of time.
I did follow a very low calorie diet, with some meal replacements and some foods, but that finished first week of August.
Since then I have been serious LCHFing, and recording most days in this thread. Kept record in Myfitnesspal, too. Can't seem to manage calorie intake of more than 1300 a day, though not really counting calories. Carbs are around 50 g daily. Have very little appetite last two weeks, so have increased cream in coffee, less solid food. Cream is making me feel nauseous last few days, so that will have to be reduced again.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did follow a very low calorie diet, with some meal replacements and some foods, but that finished first week of August.
Since then I have been serious LCHFing, and recording most days in this thread. Kept record in Myfitnesspal, too. Can't seem to manage calorie intake of more than 1300 a day, though not really counting calories. Carbs are around 50 g daily. Have very little appetite last two weeks, so have increased cream in coffee, less solid food. Cream is making me feel nauseous last few days, so that will have to be reduced again.

Wow! First week of August! I must pay better attention!

I have to say I don't much care for cream in coffee.

Reactions: Pipp

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Hope all those feeling under the weather are on the mend.

@shelley262 your holiday sounds wonderful and all the FB pics are making me very envious.

@Pipp hope you figure out a way forward

@ziggy_w thanks for the good wishes

On a mission to ditch the sweet cravings which another thread made me realise had crept in even using low carb treats.

Lunch - M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos and 25g almonds. Still hungry an hour later so ate a bag of pork crunch.

Dinner - brined and marinated pork chop. Delicious. Used this method:

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-co...e-oven-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-194257

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening my fellow gimlet eyed carb spotting enthusiasts. I am currently in an ongoing non evening meal eating scenario but the IEA have given me a menu to publish (no unicorn eggs today). Hope those feeling unwell are on the mend and @Goonergal hope your cramps ease or better still go away.
Wakey Wakey Tea
Breakfast : As above
Mid morning: Costa Soya milk Latte with cinnamon - no unsweetened but probs 5 gms carb; If I can’t take that really is no hope/point
Lunch : Tea; Large salad with avocado and mackerel in olive oil; psyllium husk powder and chia seed for fibre
Mid Afternoon: Pepsi max and walk
Evening meal: H/m Salmon pate with flaxseed flatbread; First time in my life I have ever eaten creme brulee; tea
No idea what I will make of #cremebrulee but how bad can it be?:arghh: (shops in this area are out of diacritics)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We always end up eating pretty early on a Monday, as my OH plays golf very early and comes home ravenous. Tonight was beautiful flat ribs, with balsamic onions.

The meat element was soft and as you would hope ribs to be, but the balsamic onions and the general overall flavours weren't too nice at all. Needless to say CopyMeThat has one recipe less in my personal folder.

Reactions: DJC3 and jayney27

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bit nippy today but lovely sunshine:)

Breakfast - Hi-lo toast with butter!
Lunch - Flaxseed bread with smashed avocado and serrano ham topping. Last of rollitos. Strawberries with extra rich cream.
Dinner - Stroganoff with carrots and green beans. Two squares of Aldi Mosser Roth 85% chocolate (handily packaged into little bars of about 4.5grammes carbs).
Snacks - none yet, but the night is young. Still full from the stroganoff:happy:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Update - creme brulee with inulin top is rather a jolly little thing - who knew cold custard and burnt stuff worked?

Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am aware you drink it mostly but that is so quotidian. I want something that showcases the sv. Vodka pineapple sounds a good start but I want something with espresso martini that wows the boys. Potency you say - don't think you have quite understood the sheer size and thirst of my sons

If you were to do something with pineapple, mango or another fruit, you could always garnish using the fruit. That's up the ante.

There are a few starter ideas here: https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/recipes/cocktails-beverages

Actually the Anova app is excellent, even if you don't use an Anova circulator.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
@ianpspurs im in Thassos it’s an amazing island really recommend and hotel is also best ever they are so considerate re my odd way of eating tonight the owner came to ask me if I could think of anything else they could give me for pudding as I may get fed up of Greek yoghurt by end of week but I don’t think so it’s delicious! Trouble is the fruit would be very sweet at this time of year OH had a peach tonight and it really was natures sweeties he says!
Breakfast cheese omlette, Greek olives, feta cheese and coffee
Lunch lots of grilled sardines with olive oil and lemon juice
Dinner pork souvlaki with salad and olive oil and top notch Greek red wine followed by Greek yoghurt amazing.
30degrees today again lots of swimming and floating in the bath - Sorry sea! It’s so warm amazing. Our hotel is on the beach and so much nicer to swim in sea rather than a pool. Just been watching a golden moon come up over the sea.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
@ianpspurs im in Thassos it’s an amazing island really recommend and hotel is also best ever they are so considerate re my odd way of eating tonight the owner came to ask me if I could think of anything else they could give me for pudding as I may get fed up of Greek yoghurt by end of week but I don’t think so it’s delicious! Trouble is the fruit would be very sweet at this time of year OH had a peach tonight and it really was natures sweeties he says!
Dinner pork souvlaki with salad and olive oil and top notch Greek red wine followed by Greek yoghurt amazing.
30degrees today again lots of swimming and floating in the bath - Sorry sea! It’s so warm amazing. Our hotel is on the beach and so much nicer to swim in sea rather than a pool. Just been watching a golden moon come up over the sea.
@shelley262 holiday sounds just what you were hoping for and great that the owner is so on the ball - lesson for uk hospitality industry right there. Just had Mrs P look for next year - Thassos Grand Resort looks pleasant. Greek wine surprised me last year not sure how well it travels but food and wine are best paired and enjoyed in their natural environment. Have a great holiday.

Reactions: ziggy_w

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Sounds like another perfect day and I agree eating proper Greek yoghurt in Greece takes some beating x

Reactions: ziggy_w

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, another quiet day off work have the energy levels of a gnat at the mo!
Coffee with cream when I woke
2 boiled eggs and another coffee for breakfast
L chicken salad with drizzle of mayo
Late afternoon almond milk cappuccino and phd bar
D cod in chilli butter with celeriac chips followed by clafoutis and cream

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 holiday sounds just what you were hoping for and great that the owner is so on the ball - lesson for uk hospitality industry right there. Just had Mrs P look for next year - Thassos Grand Resort looks pleasant. Greek wine surprised me last year not sure how well it travels but food and wine are best paired and enjoyed in their natural environment. Have a great holiday.
Thanks Ian we had the top price red wine on the list all of 17 euros! It’s wonderful and goes very well with the food. Plus our holiday was a last minute bargain as it’s last week of the season - not that you’d guess it with the weather.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
@shelley262 what a fabulous holiday, the food, wine, sunshine, attentive hotel staff - what could be nicer. It sounds perfect.

@jayney27 what a long drawn out bug this is! I woke up feeling dreadful but actually feel fine now so hope it’s finally gone, and that you’ll be better soon too.
Lots of tea and almond milk first thing - couldn’t face coffee ( I always go off coffee if I’m ill)
B: 2 bacon and a fried egg on a reheated DD naan
L: smoked salmon, cream cheese and avocado. Followed by low carb brownie with a dollop of clotted cream and 6 raspberries

D: Chicken adobo done in IP ( many thanks for the recipe link @DCUKMod I used monkfruit instead of sugar and coconut aminos instead of soy sauce) with stir fried cauli rice, mushrooms, courgettes and red pepper.
Handful of Callebaut 100% cocoa buttons and decaf coffee with cream ( feeling lots better this afternoon)

Kingmidas

Breakfast - wholemeal toast with the latest excursion into 'fake' nutella - Meridian cocoa and hazelnut butter. Similar carbs to normal peanut butter.

Lunch - lo dough chicken salad wrap and 2 slices of jalapeño cheese. SF jelly

Afternoon - handful of pecans and coffee with cream

Dinner - from scratch chilli with teeny spoonful of brown rice. Strawberries, another SF jelly and double cream.

Stressful times at work, and in the past I'd have been scoffing loads of chocolate but my willpower is intact!