1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Bed 7.5 FBG 6.4 - stress- pure and simple. Great result @shelley262. @DJC3 thank you for the kind words. Tomorrow will be truly awful. We're having to leave around 7.40 to get the boys to breakfast club which is going to make for a very early rise and I'm anxious because even going that early any problems on route and there's no detour options. If we can get over the bridge we'll be fine.
    B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream
    Back on the school run with 2 moaning children
    L. 6 of these mini M&S sausages cold.
    D. Bunless burger with a cheese slice, 2 mushrooms , 4 Santini tomatoes, bit lettuce, spoon of coleslaw.

Got a big pot of spinach and broccoli soup made in the Instant Pot as I thought it would be digestible tomorrow. Just needs a blitz.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hope today isn’t too difficult practically in addition to all the emotion that you’ll be dealing with. Take care of yourself lots of hugs from me x

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Tori71

Tori71 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Kind thoughts sent to you today @maglil55 x

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Go safely today, @maglil55 . Hopefully you will be able to take just a little time to think of the happy times you and your sister shared over the years.

Thinking of you all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. fran57

fran57 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you @Rachox it was awful...just chia and coconut milk...think I used a bit too much milk, so grated a bit of lindt 90% into it, will have a look for some essence flavours tomorrow when im out shopping, its all trial and error lol x

• Hug Hug x 4
  7. fran57

fran57 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you x

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  8. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

More ambitious today - added hovering and using the new washing machine plus, as the lady formerly known as Mrs P was up and about, cut the rest of the lawns. Hope y'all dealt with whatever fortunate or harrowing days you had. @maglil55 hope you can find some peace this evening.

Breakfast: Tea
    Dockey : Tea
    Lunch : Large salad with tin of mackerel in olive oil; chia seeds; Tea
    Mid Afternoon: Tassimo Americano Grande with cream
    Evening meal: Thai green (chicken) curry with mushrooms and spinach wilted in. That was easy, tasty and a real keeper if bloods come back sensible. I think I've found my comfort food.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #19348 ianpspurs, Oct 24, 2018 at 6:11 PM
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  9. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

Breakfast - 6 pecan nuts and 2 cups of tea with whole milk. Don't usually have breakfast but I was hungry.
    Lunch - 30g peanuts and 20g 90% chocolate, cup of tea
    Dinner - Cheddar Cheese and red Leicester cheese and 2 homegrown tomatoes with added seasalt.

• Like Like x 4
  10. shelley262

Breakfast one slice bacon and egg
    Lunch veggie soup
    Dinner bolognese on bed of buttered mushrooms with glass of red followed by raspberry mousse and coffee
    Hope everyone had a good Wednesday.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. jayney27

jayney27 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I am back in the uk now, will be back home on Friday so until then I’m still a little bit at the mercy of others and not fully in control of what’s available, therefore will rejoin posts on Monday when I will have both hands firmly on the reins and my behind in the saddle so to speak.
    Hope everyone is well, I have missed the motivation and support. X

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  12. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Evening everyone
    B: DD breakfast sandwich ( 2 fried eggs ‘over easy’ stacked with a thin slice of smoked ham and of Emmental in between)

L: DD mushroom frittata with rocket salad

D: DD Stuffed low carb cabbage casserole - nicer than it sounds.

I have been using the Carbs&Cals app to track my food and work out the carbs, but since following the DD meal plans I havent needed to. However today, just for interest I put all the ingerdients for the meals into Carbs&Cals and the carb total was markedly lower than DD The frittata for instance was 6g carb per portion according to DD but only 1 according to Carbs&cals. I do wonder if this might have been a factor in some of my higher than expected bg readings recently - if I was underestimating carb values. How do other people track?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. shelley262

Hope you’ve had an enjoyable holiday and look forward to you posting again soon - welcome back to UK.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  14. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
    Lunch: TunaMayo with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
    Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
    Dinner: kedgeree made with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Evening all. Very late posting after a saga at the gym. Went to unwind after very stressful day at work (if there were such a thing as a cortisol meter, I’m sure it would be reading hi). Worked a treat until I got back into the changing room to find that my padlock was refusing to open when I entered the code. Several attempts to no avail. Eventually found a staff member who was on the point of getting the bolt cutters when I realised that I’d been using the wrong code!

Today’s menu was lunch of smoked salmon and cream cheese bolted down between calls to avert a crisis and dinner of Waitrose beef steak hache and one of the halloumi burgers. Not sure about the halloumi - although I did arrive at work to find the pack of burgers I’d taken out of the office fridge to bring home the night before in my bag (2 distinctly senior moments in one day), so probably not in peak condition.

@jayney27 welcome back

@DJC3 that breakfast sounds great.

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. shelley262

Just one word stress I know it well! Take care hope you get good rest tonight x

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  18. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks. Hopefully the workout will aid sleep. Need it as very long day tomorrow 7am train from Kings Cross to Middlesbrough for meetings, arriving back at Kings Cross around 9pm.

• Hug Hug x 4
  19. WHT

WHT Type 2 · Active Member

polenta chips, vegetarian sausages (linda mcCartney), asparagus and mushrooms with gravy. Small bowl ice cream with a cone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

It is my new favourite breakfast!

How did you explain you’d got the wrong code? That did make me laugh, I can imagine the sudden dawning realisation.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook