1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. jayney27

jayney27 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I’m intrigued to know if the recipe for halloumi fries you mention here differs from mine, can you share please? I’ve missed far too many posts to try and find it :)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  2. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I cannot believe anyone could be even just a little bit rubbish at aquafit, @DJC3 . The water holds you up, and as most moves are under the surface nobody can see how you are moving anyway. I am sure you are fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Agreed - no one has any idea what you are doing (unless there is a scuba diver on the loose). You'll soon be an expert.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Apologies for not realising earlier. Still catching up after holiday. My condolences, too, @maglil55 . So sorry for your recent loss.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I confess, I am very short-sighted, so wear goggles, made for me by the optician, that have my spectacle prescription lenses fitted. I swim underwater, and see all!;):eek:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Evening all.
    @Goonergal you must be exhausted, you’ve been so busy recently.

I had another day of DietDoctor meals:

B: Breakfast sandwich of 2 fried eggs with wafer thin smoked ham and a slice of Emmental between them.

L: Deli roast beef, homemade coleslaw a small tomato and a dill pickle. This turned out to be a sweet one - hadn’t read the label. Bgs went up from 4.9 to 6.5. Disappointing, it was only a pickle after all, not a chocolate digestive.

D: Chicken stir fry with oyster myshrooms yellow pepper, celery and BareNaked noodles ( made from konjac flour)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Yesterday
    Breakfast: Greek yogurt, no lunch, Dinner mushroom omelette.

Today: Breakfast sliver of Wensleydale, coffee. Lunch: slice of low carb muffin, peanut butter, coffee. Dinner: minced steak with onion, cauliflower mash. Mineral water.

So annoying that I have little appetite. Almost having to force myself to eat. Not losing weight, though. Seriously considering fasting for a couple of days. Blood glucose levels are looking better, apart from early morning 7s. Seeing plenty 6s and 5s. Would prefer 5s and 4s.

• Like Like x 4
  8. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/page-965#post-1903629
    They are excellent I followed bubbies tweaks with the eggs and have put half in fridge to cook tomorrow would be interesting to see if they froze may experiment another time! Enjoy x

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  9. jayney27

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  10. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: no coconut ‘porridge’! :wideyed: Fasted for my blood test this morning in case a lipid panel was done but needn’t have as Dr had only ordered an HbA1c to check effect of dropping one Metformin 3 months ago.
    Mid morning snack to tide me over til lunch: raspberry chia pudding and coffee with cream.
    Lunch: 1/2 tin stewed steak with cauliflower followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
    Dinner: cheese omelette with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Thats why I like it - nobody can see how rubbish I am, with arms and legs all doing the wrong things at the wrong times lol. Must get some of those grippy shoes though - I keep slipping.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

Hope all test results come back as all your hard work deserves.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Don't you see the phlebotomy request docs Rachox? I have mine already for my next bloods (for my Levothyroxine titration) in a couple of weeks.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Rachox

Staff Member

No, the phlebotomist at the surgery just prints out labels from the request the dr had entered on the computer. I didn’t think they were going to do lipids but I didn’t want to be caught out!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  15. jayney27

Hope your results come back with numbers that bring a smile to your face x

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Crossing fingers for your test results - you deserve good results - hope you hear soon the waiting is the hardest bit I find.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Yikes! How did you cope with no coconut porridge?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Rachox

Staff Member

I’m not quite sure but I muddled through. I guess it’ll taste even better tomorrow :hungry:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Me too! Without the goggles I bump into people all the time!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Morning all. Forum withdrawal symptoms for me after the briefest of engagement yesterday - WiFi dropped once on train home and once home it was straight to bed. Having a bit of a catch up this morning.

@Brunneria getting up at silly o’clock is not at all unusual for me. If I sleep deeply 5 hours is plenty. It’s disturbed sleep of any length that puts me off kilter.

@jayney27 great to see you back. Will definitely add paprika to my next batch of halloumi fries. Did you wrap them in bacon? I found that delicious. Didn’t go for the full @Bubbsie recipe as I don’t get on with chilli. @shelley262 will be interested to see how the prepared ones turn out.

@DJC3 yes am exhausted. Today will also be busy then I’m intending to grab as much me time as possible over the weekend. Although will be doing a mega bake as I volunteered to make the cakes for the surprise birthday do we’re planning for a colleague’s 60th birthday on Monday. I’ll be having that breakfast sandwich for lunch on Sunday.

@Rachox hope the results are as good as you deserve.

Now on to the point of this post. An update on my carnivore eating. Although I haven’t eaten much veg for quite a while last week was my first full week completely sticking to animal based products only (aside from the bag of salted almonds I ate on the train last night: BG had dropped down to 4 at the two hour post dinner reading and I was quite hungry).

Reversed a trend of very small weekly increases that had taken me just over the upper weight limit I have set. This week lost 1.2kg and 1cm from my waist. Ketones have shot up from 0.8 to 4.5 (the metallic taste in my mouth was pretty extreme yesterday). Desire for sweet things, which I think was being triggered by Diet Coke and nut based products, is much reduced and despite crazy work schedule have had lots of energy. Plenty of reasons to keep going.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook