What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry you had such a rough night’s sleep but I had to laugh at your hubby’s dream. I got thumped one night when Mr C had a dream that someone was stealing his motorcycle!

Tonight’s task is to go on Amazon and get some of the aqua shoes that you and @Pipp both recommend - then there’ll be no stopping me.
I like the Lakeland Active - good gripping soles (although they can stick at aqua zumba) , hard wearing too. I've had 4 pairs in 9 years and 2 pairs are still in good nick.

Hubby's dreams are a nightmare. Sometimes I can't make out a word - other times he's perfectly clear. Last year I endured 2 nights of him dreaming he was back at work and him lecturing a trainee on the various breaches of health and safety. Best one was when he was dreaming about playing football on an L shaped pitch (corners were interesting by all account) there was a slack back pass, he reckoned he could make it and leapt out of bed and kicked the wall! Now that was entertaining!

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding with black coffee.
Dinner: Tesco cold Chinese style pork with cauliflower and broccoli salad, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hit my fat: protein macros from the off today, and have felt very good on it too.

B: a 2 egg scramble, with 2oz of homemade pig liver and marrowfat pate. Very surprised how delicious it was! Want the same tomorrow, but we have run out of eggs, so will have to crisp up some bacon rashers to use as pate scoops. O the hardship!

No lunch needed, but i did sip bone broth during the day.

D: was cheddar with butter and Branston. Again, very, very nice.

Mr B doing a late shift, and the memory of those divine chips was haunting me. So I took care to eat very well before the chip craving escalated to uncontrollale levels. Pointless craving anyway. Chips like that are one in ten thousand. Like kissing frogs.

Just made my sloe gin and sloe vodka (stage 1). So easy.
Celebrated the event with an espresso glass of bought sloe gin. Well, have to empty the bottle, don’t I? So it is empty when I bottle up my own brew. :D

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone, I’m now back home after a very long day travelling, motorways are getting too much!
Anyway good has been as follows
B cheese omelette coffee with cream
Mid morning small pack pork scratchings
L slices of roast chicken and cheese with a cappuccino
Planned to make soup but as we didn’t get home until 7pm and I obviously have a small mountain of washing to tackle I just popped LivLife bread in the toaster and spread phd chocolate brownie peanut butter concoction on it
Just put my feet up while I wait for washing machine to finish, treated myself to 2 squares of 90%

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like the Lakeland Active - good gripping soles (although they can stick at aqua zumba) , hard wearing too. I've had 4 pairs in 9 years and 2 pairs are still in good nick.

Hubby's dreams are a nightmare. Sometimes I can't make out a word - other times he's perfectly clear. Last year I endured 2 nights of him dreaming he was back at work and him lecturing a trainee on the various breaches of health and safety. Best one was when he was dreaming about playing football on an L shaped pitch (corners were interesting by all account) there was a slack back pass, he reckoned he could make it and leapt out of bed and kicked the wall! Now that was entertaining!

That’s hilarious, I’m still laughing at that last bit.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I once used chia seeds, coconut milk and dessicated coconut to make a 'bounty' base, then topped it with grated 85% dark chocolate.

Was that a sort of bounty pudding? Did it work? Sounds promising.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone, I’m now back home after a very long day travelling, motorways are getting too much!
Anyway good has been as follows
B cheese omelette coffee with cream
Mid morning small pack pork scratchings
L slices of roast chicken and cheese with a cappuccino
Planned to make soup but as we didn’t get home until 7pm and I obviously have a small mountain of washing to tackle I just popped LivLife bread in the toaster and spread phd chocolate brownie peanut butter concoction on it
Just put my feet up while I wait for washing machine to finish, treated myself to 2 squares of 90%

I agree with you - Mororways are becoming more and more of a nightmare. The traffic reports on the radio are taking longer each day.

Hope your washing’s finished now - the worst part of a holiday. Glad you got to put your feet up.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with you - Mororways are becoming more and more of a nightmare. The traffic reports on the radio are taking longer each day.

Hope your washing’s finished now - the worst part of a holiday. Glad you got to put your feet up.
Not finished yet, what with stopovers and family stays either side of our holiday there is a fair bit to do, cases are however back in the loft until next time.
I’m spending the day with my daughters and grandchildren tomorrow, we are going pumpkin picking so washing will take place either side of my day out!
The motorway was awful today, we left Manchester at 11am should have been home around 3.40-4.00 got in at 7.00
By 2.30 we had only covered about 70 miles!!

Reactions: Geoffno6 and DJC3

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was that a sort of bounty pudding? Did it work? Sounds promising.
It worked. It was one of those random ideas, where you don't keep note of exact quantities of ingredients, so difficult to replicate precisely, but I remember the texture was moist and coconutty. I made it for someone else, who was 'addicted' to cheap chocolate bars. Went well.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad the carnivory is working for you and that you’ve halted the sneaky weight gain. I think you’re right about Diet Coke and the like perpetuating a sweet tooth.
Are you still going to allow yourself the odd bit of Montezumas?

Eventually yes. What’s become obvious is that as my palate changed and montezumas etc no longer tastes so bitter, old habits of overeating treats were creeping back creating a cycle of craving, trying to abstain and then eating too much again. Aiming to knock that on the head. If only they sold it by the square rather than 100g bar!

Having said that, am baking a load of low carb stuff for work (colleagues 60th birthday) this weekend so will allow myself to eat something at their do.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eventually yes. What’s become obvious is that as my palate changed and montezumas etc no longer tastes so bitter, old habits of overeating treats were creeping back creating a cycle of craving, trying to abstain and then eating too much again. Aiming to knock that on the head. If only they sold it by the square rather than 100g bar!

Having said that, am baking a load of low carb stuff for work (colleagues 60th birthday) this weekend so will allow myself to eat something at their do.

Habit does seem to play a large part doesn’t it? I’m trying to cut out the pudding type thing after meals. I’m not hungry but just want the sense of sweetness.
And Ive stopped buying almond butter - I just can’t be trusted around it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A day of highs and lows. Lows were the cold, losing my pedometer and needlessly getting cold and wet walking the dogs. The highs - Ely market and the evening meal. At the market we purchased pheasants, partridges ( whole and breast only), wild duck, amazing cheese, beef dripping, brown prawns and best of all Octopus:):) Also found some Oppo in that Waitrose and some bargains not available in our local Waitrose.
Breakfast: Lots of tea - a 5.20 ish start will do that to a guy
Dockey : Starbucks almond milk latte with s/f caramel;
Lunch : Waitrose tea
Mid Afternoon: Walk in the cold wet rain then tea; should have looked at weather more carefully and put on waterproof overtrousers and walking shoes not trainers
Evening meal: 2 slices Serrano ham and 60 gms Cantaloupe melon; Chateaubriand steak with red wine jus; chargrilled veggies; Red wine (cheeky little Entre-Deux-M)ers); Goats cheese Gouda and Gruyere (that was amazing), walnuts, celery; Maybe Cognac or Madeira later
If I haven't thanked anyone for their wishes for our anniversary, thank you

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Beef liver pate on crisped bacon rashers for breakfast.
Goodness that is a winner.

Baked salmon with garlic butter for lunch :D

And I have beef thin ribs in the instant pot, succulentifying as I type...

A very good eating day!

Are your thin ribs what I call flat rib (they're flat - almost like a ruler)? They're fab!

Reactions: Brunneria