What is the best food memory you have ?

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After enjoying the recent thread "What did you Hate to eat when you were a Kid" I thought it would be nice to remember some of the good things in our eating life.
One of my best times was when our parents went on a evening fishing trip on the river Clyde, my dad with his friends were the so called male experts yet caught nothing, our mum caught a large cod, to this day 55years on it has been the best cod I have ever had to eat,as it was cooked by our mum as well.
images

Roy,

Reactions: 5 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
wow we had pie n mash all the time, lovelyyyyyyyyyyy

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
when we went on out honeymoon in cornwall we found a little pub one night, i ordered a steak oh my, i could literally have cried at the taste of this steak, never tasted anything like it before or since, it was a religeous experience

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hell yes! maggie browns battersea high street

when my mum was pregnant with my older brother she had cravings and my dad had to go to the pie n mash shop on hes bike 4 times a day lol

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
was passing through tooting recently so i treated the boys to a pie n mash from harringtons, i dont think they had decorated the place for 50 years, the boys thought i was insane, they reckoned it disgusting, *** :facepalm:

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
My mum used to make a gorgeous meat pie. She was great at making pastry with that hard margarine and lard mixed. She used stewing steak out a of tin remember? We had it with peas, chips and yes gravy! It was divine. I have loved chips sodden with gravy all my life, sadly not a meal I can have now, ah well :)

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
Meat and Potato pie made with shin beef and a big thick crust with pickled red cabbage followed by Rhubarb Crumble and custard. Needs a couple of pints of Robinsons to wash it down with though.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well the thread about what you didn't like as a child brought back some memory's. When I was at primary school my brothers and I would come home for lunch and we'd have it in the kitchen, the kitchen had a coal stove and it was the warmest room in the house, my mum would make us beans on toast using thick crusty bread toasted in front of the fire, plain & simple but good memory's all the same:)

Reactions: 3 people

fatbird

The best meal of my life was a fillet steak two inches thick-with a red wine and pepper sauce served with fresh asparagus in the St. Pierre Park Hotel and Golf Resort in Guernsey- my favorite holiday destination.

http://www.stpierrepark.co.uk/

No sell intended.

FB

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
This blasted thread is making me drool! ;):hungry:

B

badcat

At the present moment in time, my only and therefore best food memory is the steak I had for dinner, tonight, but then again that could have quite a lot to do withthe 2 glasses of Sauvignon blanc that accompanied it - both are rare but pleasurable treats!

robbo5662

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
testing bs
After enjoying the recent thread "What did you Hate to eat when you were a Kid" I thought it would be nice to remember some of the good things in our eating life.
One of my best times was when our parents went on a evening fishing trip on the river Clyde, my dad with his friends were the so called male experts yet caught nothing, our mum caught a large cod, to this day 55years on it has been the best cod I have ever had to eat,as it was cooked by our mum as well.
images

Roy,
Hi
I had the best and most remembrable
images

Roy,

HI
I had the best and most enjoyable meal just last Sunday, the food was fantastic but the reason it was so special was the company I was with.

Because I was with my daughter and my grand daughter who I have not seen for about 7 years she now lives in Australia and is on holiday over here, my other half and her husband were also there.

So maybe we remember the food we had with fondness but I think it’s the occasion that makes a meal a special one.

Reactions: 4 people

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The best meal I ever had was at a Chinese Restaurant in Birmingham. It was Valentines day 2012 and Mr Luceeloo had recently proposed so we thought we should at least honor the occasion. We didn't prebook, we just wandered into the same restaurant that we had our first date 5 years earlier. They managed to seat us somewhere, and then told us that there was just one menu due to it being Valentines... they then proceeded to deliver course after course of the most ornate and spectacular food I have ever seen. None of the usual anglicised-chinese rubbish that gets served in most restaurants.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A memory from my childhood is rice pudding topped with cinnamon/sugar and then a browed melted butter sauce. It's not a mix of flavours that you ever forget and turns a rice pudding into something quite luxurious.