It's also in non-night as well

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Are you saying that the levels in your graph from 7 pm to 9 pm happened without eating anything?

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Dawn phenomenon is also known as Liver Dump and can happen at any time of the day. When we have not eaten for a few hours or overnight our liver will release glucose for energy use.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is the cause of high blood sugar level after decreasing
My blood sugar drops to a reasonable level after six hours
But it's starts to rise without eating until you climb up 30mg/dl
I have experienced something like this, when I went too many hours fasting between meals. It happened when I had a low fasting reading first thing but waited too long to eat breakfast, and was dismayed to find the pre-prandial number was higher.The same thing happened when I went more than 5 hours fasting between meals in the daytime. My idea is that my body understands prolonged fasting, except overnight, as a stress and boosts my bg so I can cope. I have resolved to eat something low carb straight away if I get a low morning fasting result. Deciding exactly how long is too long to fast later in the day is more difficult, I will have to experiment. I imagine each person is different.
7c46aafea1e63c857e046c9af0c1af63.jpg

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is the cause of high blood sugar level after decreasing
My blood sugar drops to a reasonable level after six hours
But it's starts to rise without eating until you climb up 30mg/dl

7c46aafea1e63c857e046c9af0c1af63.jpg
I have experienced something like this, when I went too many hours fasting between meals. It happened when I had a low fasting reading first thing but waited too long to eat breakfast, and was dismayed to find the pre-prandial number was higher.The same thing happened when I went more than 5 hours fasting between meals in the daytime. My idea is that my body understands prolonged fasting, except overnight, as a stress and boosts my bg so I can cope. I have resolved to eat something low carb straight away if I get a low morning fasting result. Deciding exactly how long is too long to fast later in the day is more difficult, I will have to experiment. I imagine each person is different.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Are you saying that the levels in your graph from 7 pm to 9 pm happened without eating anything?
Hi
Yes already test yesterday BG down to 92mg/dl. After 7 hours I was not fasting 100% but with low carbs

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Dawn phenomenon is also known as Liver Dump and can happen at any time of the day. When we have not eaten for a few hours or overnight our liver will release glucose for energy use.
That Exactly what I want to said

I think the pancreas is responsible for lowering blood sugar.
The liver is responsible for raising blood sugar. So that the level of blood sugar equals the relationship between hemoglobin and blood sugar
Exe. If hemoglobin = 7% must BS = 140mg/dl I not sure

Reactions: ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @hichamgsm,

Those blood sugar levels are great, given that you are only a short time in and are currently taking no medication.

Personally, I had high fasting levels, which were similar to yours, for almost half a year before they started coming down on low carb. So, it might be similar for you -- it just takes some patience.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi @hichamgsm,

Those blood sugar levels are great, given that you are only a short time in and are currently taking no medication.

Personally, I had high fasting levels, which were similar to yours, for almost half a year before they started coming down on low carb. So, it might be similar for you -- it just takes some patience.
Hi @ziggy_w

Thank you. I think things are going well without medicine

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That Exactly what I want to said

I think the pancreas is responsible for lowering blood sugar.
The liver is responsible for raising blood sugar. So that the level of blood sugar equals the relationship between hemoglobin and blood sugar
Exe. If hemoglobin = 7% must BS = 140mg/dl I not sure

What we eat is responsible for the amount of glucose that ends up in our bloodstream. Insulin produced by the pancreas is responsible for getting that glucose into the cells so that it can be delivered to all parts of the body. When we (as people with Type 2 Diabetes) eat carbohydrates our broken system fails to regulate insulin. The liver can be thought of as a processing factory with a small wharehouse, its job is to turn everything we eat into the chemicals we need to live and release them into the bloodstream but we need glucose and insulin at the right amounts to keep our bodies running well. If our factory stopped releasing glucose when we have not eaten, such as when we fast or sleep, we would run out of energy to live.
Remember that the liver can make energy from fats, protein and carbohydrates but we Diabetics have a problem with too much carbohydrates in our diet that is why we must regulate our blood glucose with diet or medication or insulin.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
What we eat is responsible for the amount of glucose that ends up in our bloodstream. Insulin produced by the pancreas is responsible for getting that glucose into the cells so that it can be delivered to all parts of the body. When we (as people with Type 2 Diabetes) eat carbohydrates our broken system fails to regulate insulin. The liver can be thought of as a processing factory with a small wharehouse, its job is to turn everything we eat into the chemicals we need to live and release them into the bloodstream but we need glucose and insulin at the right amounts to keep our bodies running well. If our factory stopped releasing glucose when we have not eaten, such as when we fast or sleep, we would run out of energy to live.
Remember that the liver can make energy from fats, protein and carbohydrates but we Diabetics have a problem with too much carbohydrates in our diet that is why we must regulate our blood glucose with diet or medication or insulin.
Hi

As I read, liver stock turns to glucose again when the body loses energy
Liver will store about 400 calories of energy
Glucose → glycogen → fat liver when we have high glucose

Liver → glycogen → glucose = high blood glucose

That's what happens to me. I think it will stop rising after the drop when it is hemoglobin =5% because hemoglobin = about 100 mg dl

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi

As I read, liver stock turns to glucose again when the body loses energy
Glucose → glycogen → fat liver when we have high glucose

Liver → glycogen → glucose = high blood glucose

The problem for us with T2 is the amount of carbohydrates in our diet that the liver has to deal with. In a non Diabetic person the liver and pancreas work well to keep the system of energy use and distribution at optimal levels.
Carbohydrates in our diet (T2) affect our levels of fat storage in the liver and around the pancreas further 'clogging up' the system. It is not the liver that produces so much glucose that causes T2 it is the carbohydrates in our diet (and probably our genes) that causes blood glucose to rise because all carbohydrates turn into glucose as soon as we eat them.
Glucose is used as an energy source but fats are also used as an energy source so we have to try to use more fats as an energy source instead of carbohydrate because fats have very little, if any, effect on glucose levels in the bloodstream.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
The problem for us with T2 is the amount of carbohydrates in our diet that the liver has to deal with. In a non Diabetic person the liver and pancreas work well to keep the system of energy use and distribution at optimal levels.
Carbohydrates in our diet (T2) affect our levels of fat storage in the liver and around the pancreas further 'clogging up' the system. It is not the liver that produces so much glucose that causes T2 it is the carbohydrates in our diet (and probably our genes) that causes blood glucose to rise because all carbohydrates turn into glucose as soon as we eat them.
Glucose is used as an energy source but fats are also used as an energy source so we have to try to use more fats as an energy source instead of carbohydrate because fats have very little, if any, effect on glucose levels in the bloodstream.
Thank you
You can see more here

http://main.poliquingroup.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/PrinterFriendly.aspx?ID=1122&lang=en

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
The whole question of calories (regarding the link you posted) is one that is argued about a lot on this forum.
The problem is that a lot of people still believe that all calories from food burn in exactly the same way. They do not.
Anyway, a drop in blood sugar after six hours is a good thing.
Just need to know how much the liver can carry from glucose as fat.
I think this explains the phenomenon of diabetics no matter what they do, often the level of diabetes is high

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Anyway, a drop in blood sugar after six hours is a good thing.
Just need to know how much the liver can carry from glucose as fat.
I think this explains the phenomenon of diabetics no matter what they do, often the level of diabetes is high

I am sorry but I do not understand. The object is to keep from having blood glucose spikes, to rid the liver and pancreas of excess fat and to burn fat for fuel rather than burning carbohydrates as fuel.
Carbohydrates are not metabolised in the same way or even along the same pathway as fats. For those people with Type 2 Diabetes it is better to burn fats for energy because this avoids excess fat being stored in the liver and avoids glucose building up in the bloodstream which is harmful.

It is not true that "...no matter what they do, often the level of diabetes is high" There is a lot we can do to stop the condition progressing. We can alter our diet and excercise regime, we can take medication and we can take insulin. We have choices.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
After a meal has been digested and glucose levels begin to fall, insulin secretion is reduced, and glycogen synthesis stops. When it is needed for energy, glycogen is broken down and converted again to glucose. Glycogen phosphorylase is the primary enzyme of glycogen breakdown. For the next 8–12 hours, glucose derived from liver glycogen is the primary source of blood glucose used by the rest of the body for fuel.

Wikipedia
glycogen of the liver: It works as a reserve of glucose helps maintain blood sugar, especially between meals, and after 12-18 hours of disconnection of food, the liver glycogen depleted and ends.

Reactions: Sani Thomas