What Med options?

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Hi, I have been following very low carb for about 2 years now. Yes i do have some straying times but generally I stick to it. I have been struggling to lose anymore weight for the last year and a half. I was wondering if there is perhaps a tablet that could help with possible isulin resistance? If that could be an issue. Basically my numbers are pretty good and friday I'm going for the results of my latest Hba1c. I'm expecting it to be around the 45 mark. I don't think it's going to get any lower unless I can lose some more weight. I have about 10 stone still to lose.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on the blood sugars, I hope you do make the 45. As for weight, could your calorie intake be too high? It is very easy for low carbers to increase their fats and protein to the extent their calories are in excess of what their bodies need. Perhaps you need to have a few days of calorie counting to see if this applies to you? It is amazing how many calories there are in things like butter, cheese and so on. If you burn less calories than you consume, you will not lose weight. Good luck.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As blue said
I would check protein levels to be about 50g and 20g -100g carb and fat to a calorie of 1200
Eat a lot of leafy veg

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
yeah I've tried less calories and more calories, less carbs and more carbs. Just can't seem to get the weight moving. I seem to average about 1300 calories a day without trying, but myfatsecret.com says I need to eat 2100 to lose 2lbs a week.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lenny3 - Do you actually weigh your food to count calories, or do you estimate the portion size you are eating? I know, for myself, the estimation route has sometimes caused an inaccurate count, due to over/under estimating the portion size, and thereby calories, I was consuming.

Reactions: 2 people