totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya all,
im hoping youre bank holiday has been less eventfull than mine, yesterday while riding one of the horses got spooked and yes first time in 30 yrs i fell off, ended up in casualty with a broken foot/ankle, got home and the pain was so bad i was violently sick then for the first time ever passed out so im potted up to the knee and in agony....i do not recommend this :?
anyway hope u are all having a nice,safe relaxing bank holiday :lol:
amanda x

sandymaynard

Hi Amanda,
Oh poor you! Been there done that, used to have a 17 and 1/2 hands irish draft!
Great ride etc bless him! But because someone went speeding past me i got thrown off and broke my ankle!
It is very painful and sore!
Poor you! I have blisters on palm and thumb from gardening today! Now have decided to have day off and not do anything!
Have you got someone to look after you!
Maybe if you have you could get a little bell and have some fun by ringing it!
I hope that you feel better soon! Don't forget to eat regular today, Hopefully the pain will ease before long and you will feel better soon
Sandy

chocoholic

Poor Totsy. That doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Make sure you rest that foot plenty and hope you are soon 'back in the saddle'.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Sorry to hear about your troubles totsy. :(
Hope you get better soon.
Best wishes.
Ken.

peppiB

As others have said - sorry to hear of your troubles and hope you feel better soon. I always slow down and gently pass horses so they don't get spooked and throw their riders.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Totsy keep those medics up to the mark on your foot and ankle and make sure your BG stays VERY tight during the healing process. that will speed it up I read somewhere that there's a new Gizmo which uses electricity to encourage healing Ask about it.
Did the speeder at least help?
Keep us posted on how it goes

Trinkwasser

peppiB said:
As others have said - sorry to hear of your troubles and hope you feel better soon. I always slow down and gently pass horses so they don't get spooked and throw their riders.

Doesn't always work though, like me mother was always very careful around horses but it didn't stop one charging across the road and kicking in the side of her car, covering her elderly and partially sighted passenger with broken glass.

Worse still the arrogant turd of an owner refused to take repsonsibility and stated that if she attemtped to make an insurance claim he would have her charged with dangerous driving.

Yet curiously I used to live near a Police horse training school so I am well aware of how well they can be trained to behave.

My uncle broke his back in a horseriding accident and was in a chair for about twenty years. So I am sympathetic to your suffering :( I upgraded horses from being dangerous at both ends and uncomfortable in the middle to just plain dangerous . . .)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Just an aside.

Everybody is assuming that a car was involved and, if it was, then quite rightly give the driver some stick. Slow right down for Horses.

Trouble is totsy never mentioned anything about a car - just that the horse was spooked ! :?

A speeding car was mentioned in a subsequent post. Hopefully totsy can enlighten us soon ?

sandymaynard

Hi Trinkwasser,
Ouch that is that not good for the people in the car!
When i was involved in a accident, The car driver decided to speed past me, he was going slowly until he saw horse, Then sped up!
Luckly There was a nice car driver who stopped when he saw me on the floor!
I managed to make my horse bomb proof! I have never ever had a incident with a car since or before!
I know that there are lots of people who just don't care! My horse was very well trained and i was very proud of him!
I can understand that alot of people have bad times!

Totsy,
How are you feeling? Are you eating enough food and taking care of yourself!
Sandy

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya all,
thankyou for being nice, im still in agony but a lot of ligaments were damaged too, my bloods havent been bad at all today, it wasnt actually a car,it was another horse that started kicking off that caused a chain reaction, i keep trying to sleep but have only managed an hr since it happened so im getting fed up now :( hubby is sorting out my food so thats good :D

sandymaynard

Hi Totsy,
Glad to hear that you are okay! Bless you it is not nice, ouch with the ligaments! I have torn my tendon that hurt!
I hope that you manage to get some sleep! I hope that you are able to get some sort of pain relief!
Nice that hubby is sorting your food out!
You take care and take it easy!
Sandy

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
thankyou sandy :D

Trinkwasser

totsy said:
hya all,
thankyou for being nice, im still in agony but a lot of ligaments were damaged too, my bloods havent been bad at all today, it wasnt actually a car,it was another horse that started kicking off that caused a chain reaction, i keep trying to sleep but have only managed an hr since it happened so im getting fed up now :( hubby is sorting out my food so thats good :D

Yes the one that threw my uncle freaked out at a hedge. I once saw one go off at full speed with a terrified child on its back for no discernible reason. Sometimes it's the horses, often IMO it's the utter lack of training of both beast and rider. Who was it told the story of being on a mare when an overreager stallion tried to mount her at some military parade?

Sympathies for the ligaments, they take a long time to heal (BTDT) try to keep your BG down and eat plenty of antiinflammatory foods, that may help.