what size tube?

cjw

Hi,

I am on first saline week with Paradigm Veo pump and am not sure which size to get. I am not sure if you have to pick one and stick with it or can get a choice. I currently have 60cm or 110cm.

My thoughts are that 60cm is better in the day as less chance of it getting knotted or catching on something but wondering if the 110 would be better at night so that you can put it under your pillow. I am a very restless sleeper and currently put it in pyjama pocket but in the summer I don't always wear pjs with a pocket etc. If I do go with the 110 is it likely to get caught or knotted etc?

Has anyone got any advice on this topic please? Thanks.

jopar

I use a 60cm tube over night my pump roams freely and I don't get any problems with it roaming...

The problem with 110cm it's a lot of tubing to hide in the daytime!

Vikki2

My daughter is on the pump and although she is only 5 and therefore a lot smaller I would still recommend the 60cm. The longer tubing is VERY long. It's difficult to know what to do with it all! When we first got the pump we were given both sizes to try out.
Good luck!
x

cjw

Thanks for the replies I have got the 60cm and it is fine. I tried the 110 and was way too long!

sugar2

Hi..I have gone 1 step further and got the 30 cm tube (for teh Accucheck Combo) I much prefer it, as I don't have all teh spare tubing. Mind you, I do wear it all teh time, rather than letting it go "free range" at night. I am also only 150 cm tall.

Alzibiff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
60cm for me too. I suspect that the only 110cm users are those folk who run the tube down a trouser leg and clip the pump to one of their socks ...... I'm not one of them!

Alan