What to do if I'll after eating carbs?

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I went out to a pub on Wednesday, had a mixed grill, no chips and just one onion ring, so very low carb and a large Diet Coke. Only I think it must have been a proper Coke as I woke in the night with severe chest/breast pains (like when I had deliberately had some pudding on holiday, but worse) which took about 6 hours to ease.

Is there anything you can actually do to make things better or do you just have to ride it out? At the time of the pain my sugar readings were fine and I don't regularly test anymore as I am successfully low carbing. Obviously I don't intend to repeat the experience, but in case I accidentally I overdose on carbs again!

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If your blood glucose readings were fine that the time of this event why are you drawing conclusions that this is the result of your diabetes much less the result of accidentally receiving a sugar soda?

What you're describing could be anything and it sounds a lot more like acid reflux (which I have particular trouble with when I drink certain kinds of alcohol) than "overdosing on carbs" which makes no sense at all. Either way, if you're concerned, see a doctor and let them diagnose the symptoms you experienced.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
As someone who has suffered from severe acid reflux I can testify how easily the symptoms can mistaken for a heart attack get it checked out. The drugs available to deal with it are very effective but if it isn`t properly checked out and treated it can cause or cover up longterm heath problems.