What type of work do we do?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thought it might be interesting to find out what jobs we do, or is there something that you would really love to do :)

I'm a self employed part-time handy person, care assistant, a dog walker and gardening work, which I love and I'm so lucky:joyful:

Reactions: 2 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Fire Service and some window cleaning now and then. Wish I was a handy person but I'm useless at DIY :)

Reactions: 4 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I sew, I make patchwork quilts, little and large. I also make bags- makeup bags, jewellery rolls, crayon/pencil rolls. Dolls in fabric and knitted bears. I knit little shoes with fabric flowers.
I used to be a nursery nurse and was a year off qualifying as a teacher when I ran out of money. Then I was a foster carer of screwed up teenagers, then I saw the light and gave it up and got my sense of humour back. I'm afraid I'm not one of those 'special' people, despite having worked with kids all my life and also living with a social worker.
Sewing I love, now if I can just make a living from it, so really its not 'work', cos I don't earn. Now if anyone out there wants to give us a hand setting up a website I would be very grateful!

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fire Service and some window cleaning now and then. Wish I was a handy person but I'm useless at DIY :)

Well Mo not so much other peoples DIY,, but I mentioned the gardening job I do to a lady cahier I know ( I was hot and tired) and she said would I help her with her shed roof!!! we are going to do it together, but did say I haven't done that type of work before, so I said yes:) just waiting for the materials to be delivered.

Reactions: 3 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
at the moment i,m on long term sick
i used to work with vunerable boys in care and want to get to rhat type of work

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
i mainly cook and retail (deleted), in the summer months i add a little( deleted) but theres no money in that anymore

Andy,please edit this post, as you would know it's not acceptable. Young people and children are members Thank you RRB

DONE

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My first career was as a PE teacher
My second was far too long in the Civil Service. Thankless job. Eventually went part time when we bought the kennels.
My third was as a boarding kennels and cattery proprietor with hubby. 20 years of pure enjoyment.
My fourth is as a retired lady of leisure.

Reactions: 5 people

Mark James

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
not eating food, or drinking
Self employed electrician and project manager (own company)

Mark James

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
not eating food, or drinking
I used to be a fortune teller but couldn't see a future in it

Mark

Reactions: 15 people

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ex deputy head. Gave up to travel round Europe in a small van 4 years ago, now doing a bit of tutoring while I try to get my writing published.

K

Kat100

Ex senior sister and hospital nurse manager in mental health....:nurse::facepalm:

Now retired early , where did the years go , I would rather have worked saving animals ....that was my dream job .

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

Thought it might be interesting to find out what jobs we do, or is there something that you would really love to do :)

I'm a self employed part-time handy person, care assistant, a dog walker and gardening work, which I love and I'm so lucky:joyful:
Please move near me , or can I live near you :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Office worker for the last 6 years. Stats, spread sheets, performance monitoring. :meh:

Before that, I did 15 years as a university support tutor, archaeology, classics, English and history. :smug:

Before that, a few years in an art gallery. :wideyed:

Before that, work sciving 'professional student'. Such happy memories! :happy: Time of my life!!!

Always wanted to be a writer. The pension won, in the end.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Consulting hydrogeologist in the mining industry, work for a large international company but have been self-employed and joint partner of own company in the past. It's taken me to all sorts of places and I've been very lucky but I'm looking forward to retiring! Especially when so many of my friends in other jobs - and younger! - already have. So much to do!