1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

4.8 this morning. Definitely not looking forward to the dog walk this morning in the rain. Am hoping the dogs will refuse to go out but there isn't much chance of that happening.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

By some irony of graphics, choice and actuality we are poised at the apex of a pyramid by the delta variant.

I think its all in the balance what will happen in the next few weeks, we are hoping letting the new variant rip will not bring a lot more deaths?
    I just hope we have an easy passage out of our present situation and they know what they are doing but judging by the number of fisherman, traders to N.I. and now farmers are under buses I am not optimistic.

I just pity the young Scotland supporters this evening when those rotten English do a foul deed. ;)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Hi Dunelm,
    Did I get the impression you may be mixing plaster and filling a cement mixer on the horizon?
    What we do for our youngsters!
    D.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

6.50 am FBG 7.0

inappropriate food to blame here and lack of activity. Perhaps a bit of DP as had been up over half an hour before testing. Am going to have to start an exercise programme again by the look of it.

Two hours after breakfast BG down to 5.9

Ah that's better!

@lindisfel hope all goes well today with the eye op.

@geefull @gennepher
    Not looking forward to this.

Screenshot_20210617-215853_Google.jpg

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    #45944 SlimLizzy, Jun 18, 2021 at 7:54 AM
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  5. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

Good morning everyone. Cool and overcast here with much rain and thunder promised so everything I dislike. Swipey's 5.1 seems to be related to #jointsgate, broken night's sleep, need for Naproxen (and reciting the Apostle's creed) yet still being given a "good" sleep score and resting pulse by Fitbit. My thoughts and prayers go with you to Preston @lindisfel. Thanks for the replies to the spike query which does seem to be a term used about as loosely as World Leading. Great art @geefull and your description of a spike feels right. Nearest I come to that is accidents. Full (80%) sugar caramel syrup producing an inverted V. Fine tree there young @dunelm and @karen8967 Friday meme delivered in a timely fashion - top gel. @RFSMarch good to hear from you and loving the new name for the microwave. Ours seems to have more functions than a Swiss Army knife but I've barely used the microwave option. @Krystyna23040 great fbg and maybe Archie could be persuaded not to sully forth - too late I guess. @gennepher thoughts and prayers for you over the journey, communication and appointment today. Hopefully tomorrow will bring headlines of Scots Kaned. Our PM's birthday tomorrow. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    #45945 ianpspurs, Jun 18, 2021 at 8:15 AM
  6. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Oh dear, not any time soon, there will be a couple of people who know how to get that stuff onto walls and not all over legs and boots.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A within my limits 9.2 this morning caused by poor timing and food choices, for once my meter is innocent..........I think.

Here in Tilehurst Towers it looks like today will be an indoor day, catching up on plinky plonky practice, paperwork and continuing with loft clearance, oh and drinking copious amounts of koffy and tea.

Must go and make koffy. Stay safe, stay well, stay apart and avoid the depressing media.
    Now to receive instructions from Mrs J.

(Mod edit)

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #45947 alf_Josiah, Jun 18, 2021 at 9:05 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2021
  8. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ooh...what posts were they @alf_Josiah

And agree, but then they'd have to edit THAT post and we'd be back where we were...:D:hilarious:

But a valid point made :)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Fbg 6.9

Hospital visit done and dusted. Usual problems with not being able to lipread mask wearers etc etc and me very tired. So, I stopped at a food van on the way home for some food...

I ordered. Food van man does not wear a mask, so no lipreading problems here. And the food van counter is the height of my head. The guy says and motions me to put my fiver into the ice cream box on his counter, and he put a small metal chip fryer in it. I could not see inside this white ice cream container, it was too high above my eye level. It was a bit windy, so I held the fiver until it touched the bottom of the metal mini chip fryer.

But my fingers and hand touched something warm and liquidy. I withdrew my hand and fiver. The fiver is wet with cloudy liquid. Cloudy liquid is running down my arm, into my sleeve to my armpits and beyond...

Everything goes through my mind - every horror story and science fiction story I have read and seen, and my brain is writing scripts for stories and films I have not yet read or seen.

It's alright the van man says, just drop the money.

I am still frozen to the spot.

He turns round from cooking my breakfast. Just drop the money in he says.

I cannot for the life of me let go of that fiver...

Van man turns around again, and looks hard at me. That has served me well, he said, I have done it since the beginning of Covid last year, it works.

Finally food van man says, it's only a week solution of bleach and a few other things I put in...

Brain says what other things...

He's the alien soul gatherer my brain says, it's that or you are going to melt into the pavement and never be seen on this earth again...

I have never encountered in all these Covid times someone who disinfects with bleach, and his special witchery ingredients all the notes and coins they receive.

He might have warned me I would be dipping my hands in a bleach concoction of his making when I dropped the fiver into his fryer basket in the white ice cream container. Those images alone, with the fryer basket in the white ice cream container, and then touching some unseen unexpected tepid warm liquid as you deposit your money, is a total mismatch of images for the brain to analyse....

33DFCB23-0E3A-482A-8254-0904E4E08184.jpeg

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #45949 gennepher, Jun 18, 2021 at 2:41 PM
  10. gennepher

sounds you had a good day...

A stunning effective sunset @geefull

Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. gennepher

A wonderful green tree @dunelm
    :)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. gennepher

Oh boy 8+ days of solid rain....
    Hugs for you @SlimLizzy

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

OMG....how off putting when your just about to eat...:woot:

And dipping your fingers into an unamed concoction....H&S violation for sure.

Hugs for the horror.

If your arm hasn't melted into the floor or transformed into the flailing tentacles of an octopus, I'd say you are lucky, very lucky. :bag:

Buy a lottery ticket, is my advice. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good evening all :)

4.5 today

out earlyish for a bit of a walk before picking up a couple of packs of fresh pancakes for Mum and her visitors and going over to be seen. We arrived only to find the visitors had gone into the nearest town for a couple of hours, so, we sat in the garden with Mum and drank tea until they got back :D

Turned out a lovely warm and sunny day with a fine breeze to keep it bearable, so it was very pleasant sitting in the garden.

One of the 'whilst you're here could you just...' jobs Mum had on her list was a request to fix the toilet seat in her little downstairs bathroom. Would have helped if she had mentioned that it was acting like a turntable a bit earlier :hilarious: Mr gee managed to source some fittings whilst we were out to replace the one that had cracked and managed to get it fixed before the visitors came back so I reckon he earned his pancake ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - hugs for the bad art 'reject' feeling but a winner for the splendid tree. I like trees too ;)

@gennepher - Sheesh, you'd think he might have put up a notice warning people :sorry: that's a smashing illustration you've painted though :) very descriptive.
    I'm glad your hospital visit is done for now so you can have a rest :)

art bit -
    don't think I'll ever make an architectural illustrator, interesting experiment though,
    I thought I'd have a go at painting from a photo without drawing first, it's of somewhere in Spain I think :)

upload_2021-6-18_20-51-18.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  15. gennepher

I am not going back...
    Never thought about it being H&S violation...my brain had gone totally awol @jjraak

I will never stick my fingers and hand in an unseen place again...

Obviously I thought it was an empty ice cream box apart from any possible money...

But imagine if that had been knocked off the counter on to a child's or baby's face...

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. gennepher

It sounds like a lovely afternoon, apart from the toilet fixing!

I agree a notice would have been a good idea @geefull
    Apart from safety considerations, I might have been allergic to bleach...

I like your painting very much with no drawing first.
    It is very effective.
    And it is a very good architectural painting!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gennepher

Fbg 6.5

I have a bumblebee nest in my roof space immediately above my bed head...
    They are Tree bumblebees.
    Some are quite big bumblebees.
    I seem to have quite a lot. They are getting in through a cracked piece of concrete...
    My garden has just about every flower they like, and the stuff in my garden is all year round for them.
    They are pollinating my raspberries at the moment.
    I have winter heathers, pussywillow, blackberries, apple trees, cotoneaster, chives, dog roses, snowberry, fuchsia and much more.
    If I turn the sensitivity control up on my cochlear speech processor I can hear them above me while sitting in my bed. Noisy things they are!
    I think it might be quite a big nest. The activity is quite busy.
    I am quite happy for them to be there. They cause no damage (like wasps who 'eat' the wood). I don't think the workers sting. Well I have never been stung yet and they have landed my arm and hand.
    The reason why I notice them is because their entrance point is immediately above my bedroom window which is open, and sometimes they come into my bedroom to investigate...

So, a Tree bumblebee pollinating my raspberry flowers in Procreate.

1E01614C-1402-462E-BCC1-8793FDC1CA63.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  18. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  19. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

5.4 for me have a good weekend everyone

• Winner Winner x 6
  20. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.6 this morning. Admin almost up to date so can have a day off Sunday which is really great as today is a really hectic Saturday of classes and 1:1s. Leaving home at 8.30 and finally finishing at 6.30 this evening with no breaks. Total madness.

I remember getting a stern warning 20 years ago that I would be burnt out in 4 years if I carried on like this. Perhaps the opposite happened and I thrive on it.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook