1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

The sun was good @ianpspurs
    I always seem to have a few straggler roses in the winter. I only plant roses that have a heavenly scent...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. gennepher

Hope you are having some nice times wherever you are @alf_Josiah

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. gennepher

Hope your wifi and mobile phone providers are completely sorted out now @Krystyna23040

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  4. gennepher

We had white frost yesterday @lindisfel
    It was very pretty.
    Wall to wall sunshine sounds good!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. gennepher

Fbg 6.5

Blue skies and the sun shone all day yesterday, after a winter wonderland frosty start.
    Me and his Lordship in the garden.
    I put him down for a moment on my director's chair to sort my clothes maiden that had fallen over.
    Out of the undergrowth came stray cat Merryweather to investigate...but before I could return, Popeye had bopped Merryweather on the nose, "No vacancies today...". Merryweather recoiled in horror, "It's alive...it's alive..." and shot off out of the garden.
    Popeye then strode into the potting shed. I straightened the clothes maiden. And went into the potting shed.
    No Popeye...oh no, he must've sneaked out again.
    I am thrashing the undergrowth in the garden for over half an hour.
    Now calm down, says I to me. Go and make a cuppa and everything will be all right again.
    I come back out with my cuppa, go into the potting shed, and there is a black tail peeking out of his secret hiding place...he was there all the time.

I took this photo in the night. But the street below is very well lit with street lamps and external house lights. It is another example of my smart phone being super clever and photographing more than I can see. I wanted what I could see with my own eye, but alas no...

I took more photos of the road and into the next road, and the amount of detail it can do for a nighttime shot is amazing. I might experiment later.

So, hidden from sight, embedded in this nighttime scene, is a photo of Popeyes's tail peeking out of his hiding place in the potting shed.

There is more sunshine predicted this morning. I hope it materialises...

24A3563A-D379-4795-A71C-FC797E7EE40D.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

5.6 for me have a good weekend everyone

• Winner Winner x 5
  7. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Thank you @gennepher and all went well with the MOT

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. dunelm

Smashing tail of Popeye and the potting shed and a wonderful piece of photographic art of the sky at night. Beautiful colours and the light is fab.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. dunelm

Good morning everyone, it’s another wonderfully quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
    The wonder wheel of chicken licken came home to roost at 5.4 this am

Well the MOT debacle was a mere damp squib and late as it was, a shiny new virtual pass certificate appeared on the DVLA website for all to read and to download and even print off if you have the secret V5 number. The wonders of the interweb - but do print one off darling, once can’t be too careful. Heart attack, or was it panic attack? My rather large and not yet completed alcohol xylophone disappeared yesterday. Luckily I spotted it peeping sheepishly out of a packing box - “Don’t seal that box” was the order of the day - never mind dragging up that ‘England expects …” nonsense, that is on 21st - this is serious stuff.
    Breakfast - or possibly brunch - with daughter on the cards today and of course the delights of the girl in the bubble, up and coming font of all knowledge who can now interject with the words ‘yes’ and ‘no’ into any polite conversation within earshot. She will be 2 at the end of this month.
    Art bit - after the artist Fu Baoshi who brought Japanese visual elements to the Chinese ink painting tradition. I think it’s the weekend for some folk who work - have a smashing day whatever you are doing. I shall begin be initiating the ceremony of the cafetière.

upload_2021-10-16_7-49-7.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    #49089 dunelm, Oct 16, 2021 at 7:49 AM
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  10. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

Good morning all on what should be a sombre day in many ways. Tragic and senseless news about David Amess and the remembrance of the Martyrdom of Ridley and Latimer in 1555. Man's inhumanity to man is an ageless theme, sadly. Now to the ephemara. An fbg of 5.6 via Swipey and a tick over 74 kgs are both too high for me in my opinion. I've never been this age before, never lived in COVID times and only been in this specific environment a short time. The point being those factors make it very hard to point a finger at Elsie and say look what a lousy job you are doing. In general she promised far more than she has ever or probably will ever deliver(ed). No surprise I guess since I don't expect to dig my garden with my putter. @gennepher glad you had sun, wonderful creative work - you spot things I would just gloss over. Guess something similar would happen if we both watched a cricket match. Brilliant tale of Popeye and Merryweather. First time I had ever heard it called a clothes maiden - google helped - I know it as a clothes horse/airer. Y'all have a good day now. I've sport to watch, tea to drink, a flu jab to have and a homecoming wife to whom I should really pay attention - we live in hope:angelic:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ianpspurs

Chapeau sir, chapeau.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Wi-Fi OK but am not so confident that the mobile phone switch over will go well

Current mobile phone provider has given us the same PAC code for both phones because they are on the same account. New mobile phone provider says that is not OK. Finally, maybe because we have to wait 21 days for the PAC code to expire before a new one can be issued, the new provider says that it is OK to have the same PAC code for both phones.

All of these negotiations involved a lot of time on the phone, in a queue, waiting to talk to customer services while listening to some truly awful music.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Krystyna23040

5.5 this morning. @ianpspurs yes you are right 'Man's inhumanity to man is an ageless theme, sadly.'

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Krystyna23040

@gennepher good to hear that Popeye feels well enough to defend his territory.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. gennepher

Thanks @ianpspurs
    I also call it a clothes horse, or at least the wooden one I do.
    So, I went to Google for meanings and stuff. And Google threw this at me...

It wouldn't let me post a link which gives all round explanation photos of this, so here is a screenshot.
    Screenshot_20211016-081744.png

I would get completely entangled putting that up ...give me a simple clothes horse any day..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. dunelm

All excitement to be savored - none of that ‘you only live once” rubbish -we live every day (if we take the time) - “you only die once” is more to the point. Have a wonderful day.

• Like Like x 4
  17. gennepher

Thanks @dunelm for your compliments...

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  18. gennepher

Hugs @Krystyna23040
    They don't make it easy do they?

I suppose there are some advantages to being deaf and so unable to use a telephonic instrument....

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. ianpspurs

yy u r yy u b. yy u r 4 me 1 c

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. gennepher

Thanks @Krystyna23040
    The whole incident surprised me...

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook