1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Fbg 6.9

So I am pleased it is going down again. Especially as I was up for 6 hours in the middle of the night. I got into the flow of researching about Android and possible compatible Androids to my Cochlear Speech Processor Nucleus7, that would definitely be supported by Google and Cochlear. And would get Android updates for the foreseeable future. As well as take Cochlear upgrades to my Processor. And still have a jackplug. It then got a bit technical by midnight, and while my brain was fully into this, I carried on while I was in the flow. Went to sleep happy at 4:30 am!

My brain for some reason is fully hyper functional in the wee small hours.

So, going to check out best plans now. And they seem to be half the price that I am paying now for my wrecked unusable iPhone and wrecked compatibility with my Speech Processor with this latest IOS upgrade. And the plan includes the phone.

I am pretty certain I am going for the choice I have made, but I need to handle it first. And see what it sounds like. If the sound is awful for me I may need to rethink. And the salesperson could even offer me a better plan.

Why do you need a jackplug socket I can see you wondering? Because I have a lot of stuff that allows me connectivity via a jackplug, as well as Cochlear equipment for microphone, speaker, a loop system for hearing in a group situation etc. And with all phones getting rid of the jackplug socket I need to get a new phone before the jackplug socket. disappears entirely.

Having an adapter jackplug, which they are giving out now, is no good for me because, as my hearing is so bad even with this Cochlear Implant (even though it is a vast improvement on hearing nothing) the adapter jackplug degrades the available sound I hear into something useless. So I need a dedicated jackplug socket in a device.

I feel a lot calmer and happier now I have done all this research, even though I am tired.

The poor phone salesperson is not going to know what’s hit them when I go in (in a few days) with all my questions and equipment to see if it is all fully compatible with the Android phone I have selected...

So all of you have an amazing wonderful happy incredible fantastic best Monday you have ever had. And hugs for all of you with tests and stuff. And hugs for those of you who don’t feel so good.
    And hugs for everyone...

I am going in my garden when I have drunk my coffee!

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

4.8 for me have a good day everyone

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 7
  3. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

Enjoy your coffee and garden time. A remarkably upbeat post showcasing your tenacity and indomitable spirit. Hug for the lost sleep researching all that but sounds optimistic.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Expert

Morning All. 5.3 at 07.30 so I am enjoying my tea more than of late.
    @OldButBold sorry you are feeling so rough maybe you should see the doc today. Sending hugs. @HarryBeau hope all goes well at the Clinic and you have a calmer week. @gennepher hope its possible to find some relief from the ‘noise’. @SaskiaKC that macbook story is really scary glad its now languishing in the basement.
    Well guess what its raining again, could be worse looking at Japan yesterday. Nice coffee meet up with friend today. Try and enjoy or get through Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  5. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Thank you very much @ianpspurs for the compliment.

I learnt long ago that when I faced problems to leap back in with action, come up with a plan or two, work out what I can to the best of my ability (even it may not be a perfect solution but something else will transpire) and then get on with life. I see no point in wasting valuable precious living time being miserable.

You have a good day Ian. Take care.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

6.3 this morning. Over-indulged with the cream yesterday. When I do this it always messes up my BS for at least 24 hours - even though I keep to the 20g carbs.

I think I was feeling a bit fed up as Sundays are my day off and we I love our walks around the lovely countryside and it was so wet again yesterday. So today I am upping my game and the cream is back being strictly rationed.

We did go out to the shops in our little market town yesterday. I have a lovely purple Rohan waterproof coat and I saw a lovely purple knitted hat that matched it perfectly. Have been looking for 4 years for a hat that matched it so was really pleased.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Hug Hug x 1
  7. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Hope clinic visit goes well.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. UserABC2021

UserABC2021 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Changing an appointment is an imprisonable offence at my surgery, "She who cannot be stared down" would have me on the rack in minutes ;)

More seriously, the choking cough is part and parcel of COPD, especially with infection. I know it's not curable and one day might finish me off, that's the way of it. Until then I, like other sufferers, learn how to breathe very slowly when under duress. Sounds worse when I write it down ;)

• Hug Hug x 12
  9. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Cracking up, hilariously funny!!!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Started my mammoth catch up session last night. To be continued tonight as another busy day.

Just spotted @gennepher and @SaskiaKC latest contributions to the thread and almost spat my coffee and cream out! The bishop swinging his insense!!!! You two need your own show. It would go down a treat. You are like a double act. Thank you once again for starting my day off with not just a smile but a belly laugh!!!

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Wonderful, upbeat, post - hope your plan works out for you

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are avoiding the media today.

A well behaved 5.8 for me and me's this morning.

Well folks who said " you've earnt your retirement, sit down and relax " bloody idiot. Retirement is hard work.
    Must go.
    Have a great day, stay dry and be nice to a traffic warden.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Lillyse

Lillyse Type 1 · Member

Woke up with 5.0. Happy happy after having two days with ridiculous readings (12-19 even with big correction doses, my single 5ish reading came after a long bike ride) which I found out to be the insulins fault. It had gone bad for some reason. Scary and annoying, but nice to know it wasn't something wrong with my body :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  14. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

im the same oldbutbold i have a constant cough as i myself have copd so know exactly what you mean x

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks Krystyna got a great INR score so not back there for another month...hooray!

• Winner Winner x 9
  16. HarryBeau

Hi Lillyse good to see you here.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. HarryBeau

Trying to make an appointment at mine is almost a capital offence...it's now five weeks for a routine appointment...hope those symptoms will ease OBB...it must be more difficult with this weather...cold damp here.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  18. HarryBeau

All good at the clinic thank you PM I got the perfect score...as for work well you never know...love the work hate the paperwork!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    #10598 HarryBeau, Oct 14, 2019 at 11:00 AM
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  19. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It is a shame that we can't share our rain with you :)

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook