1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NewdestinyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Jodie Louise

Jodie Louise · Well-Known Member

Morning how are you all doing today? My FBG is 4.0

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. Ziggy2017

Ziggy2017 Type 3 · Well-Known Member

No worries:)

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. newjourney

newjourney Type 1 · Active Member

Good morning, I am 5 this morning and wish you all a good weekend.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 6
  4. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Hiya n1ck welcome

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Terrytiddy

Terrytiddy Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

OH no not man flu @trick60 :arghh: Everyone stand by we could have a case of man flu on here:wacky::nurse::depressed:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Terrytiddy

Terrytiddy Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Morning all 5.5 for me this morning:happy: Fast finished so eating again till tomorrow:) Have a great weekend all and those not 100% :nurse:get better soon;)

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Providence 62

Providence 62 LADA · Well-Known Member

Very overcast and gloomy here in London and my FBG is 7.9 :) I like it when I get into the 7s. Off out later to do a bit of food shopping before deciding what to cook tonight. Hope everyone is doing well.

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. rhubarb73

rhubarb73 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good morning finger stabbers.
    Thank you for all the birthday messages yesterday. I had a lovely meal out last night, all very well behaved on the carb front, maybe a bit too much brandy.
    Started my day with a 6.2 so happy with that.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 4
  9. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Another great reading. I had supper when I got home. I'd lost 2lbs in London lol. Wasn't really hungry but need to maintain. Thanks again for sharing your time with me yesterday. I loved it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.5 today. Happy with that as I had 2 x thins with cheese and a few nuts after 10.30 last night!

Here is my little bit of chat and an update from yesterdays trip to London I posted on my social media earlier for info:

Quick update on yesterday's adventure in London (she lied.......best make yourself a coffee and settle down for a while!)

LIGHTS! CAMERA! AND PLENTY OF ACTION! what an amazing experience yesterday was. That said I almost went into meltdown. My nerves got the better of me, I was in a complete sweat. Shaking. Nauseous. Twitchy. The tears started to flow uncontrollably. Not because of the Photoshoot in London for a national magazine as you might be thinking. Oh no. (Jaws music here!) My phone ran out of charge half way through the day!!!! Only happened once before and it took a long time to get over it. Anyway I'm fully charged now and feeling more myself . I can't say back to normal for obvious reasons :)

My train journeys there and back were surprisingly pleasant. Apart from the lack of access to a charging point on the return journey! I was looking over longingly at the guy and his wife who had the only charging points in the coach (And the only table!)! Hogging them they were. No concern for fellow passengers who might be desperate and in their hour of need. Just chatting away regardless, in a world of their own, laughing and joking even, without once stopping for air. They appeared to be avoiding my stare. Not sure why ;) Then a bit of a hairy moment when my virgin DELAYED train arrived into platform 4 at Preston at 10.02. My train to Blackpool 'was departing from platform 1 at 10.03'. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do running. Especially not in high heels and loaded up like a donkey. But run I did, without a thought for my designer hair and make up! Up and over a bridge of stairs! When I realised I was actually going to make it I really wanted to scream with delight and hug and kiss the nearest person. But other passengers weren't quite as excited as I was so I just sat down quietly panting.

My photoshoot was amazing. I received a warm welcome. The team at the studio were really down to earth and so lovely putting me at ease straight away. 'What would you like to drink' I was asked. 'Coffee and double cream please'. I laughed as I know what the reaction was going to be. Complete silence . I said I was joking (although that was a lie!). I quickly in no more than 20 minutes explained all about the reason for my request. Low carb high fat way of eating. I pulled out all my booklets and leaflets and asked them to gather round whilst I filled them in on reversing diabetes And no I'm not joking! I find i can usually cover everything in 20 minutes these days i told them how a group of us got together in Birmingham with our big pants for photos. The editor seemed very interested so much so they want to take up our story and mentioned the March edition!!!!

I was last to arrive out of the 3 ladies in my shoot and last to get my hair and make-up done. I saw the other 2 ladies and how absolutely beautiful they looked. I said to my make up artist 'good luck with this one'. And so she began the transformation. Starting with primer. Smoothes out the lines apparently then onto....more primer .. and finally a layer of ....primer . to finish she used a brush to carefully apply foundation and bronzer. I was taking mental notes throughout. My technique has been the same since I started applying makeup at the tender age at 14. I still have that makeup ....And im not afraid to use it . my technique that seems to have worked well for me in case you want to try it is........carefully tip up a bottle of liquid foundation (cheaper the better), pour out a blob onto the soft part of your palm, then vigorously rub into your face without the use of a safety net (mirror) ensuring you leave some parts of your face darker than others. Extra coverage on the nose, hardly bother with the forehead and around the ears, totally neglect under the chin making sure you leave a clearly visible line where pale skin meets far too dark make up. Works a treat .

My hair and make up artist, Sarah, could not have been nicer. How she curled with straighteners blew my mind. We were together for about 2 hours or more! That is one hell of a pampering session. She even braved it and did my toes bless her.

Lunch was provided. Really lovely it was. I had roast beef salad. Delish.

Then into the clothes and shoes. A touch of sparkle as its the November edition. Love it. And big smiles for the camera

Finished the session (get me) at 3.30 in time to meet @Goonergal for dinner at Five Guys (naked burgers ooohhh errr mrs) and 2 cafe stops, one at the beautiful canalside. We walked all through London heading to Euston station chatting and soaking up the atmosphere. It was a lovely sunny day too. Return train at 7.30pm. Back home for 10.30.

So that's my quick update finished happy Saturday folks. Me and hubby off to Carlisle for the weekend now. Weather looks promising. Meeting family half way from where we live and where they live in Scotland

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 6
  11. Katiesgran

Katiesgran Type 2 · Active Member

So glad to see this thread and hoping someone can maybe help. Last 3 mornings I have been at 10.3, 8.8 and today 11.2. It’s driving me mad. This was after 12 hour fast. Am on Metformin. Also have NAFLD, now progressed to cirrhosis. How can I get these figures down.

• Hug Hug x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

7.0 I’m pleased with this

Have a good day peeps

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 5
  13. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Afteringnoon folks, late on parade again, been doing stuff.

The wages of large portions of chips late in the evening are 8.4 in the Morening. Still it's below 10, which is good for me with all my medication's.

Well folks don't forget to water those plants and for the shoppers amongst you only another 1257 shopping day's left before I get interested in christmas shopping.

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

@Bubbsie and @shelley262

Ikea not too bad. Did find what I wanted - a sofa, but not in stock!! Of course I have a bag full of stuff I didn’t realise I needed along with some smoked salmon (very cheap) and a salmon loin.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

Too much brandy?? @rhubarb73 You seem to have made a rudimentary error - how very quaint:angelic:

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    #33255 ianpspurs, Oct 6, 2018 at 4:27 PM
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  16. david1968

david1968 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'd recommend the Rebus books @SaskiaKC but you're probably best starting with the early ones as there's a quite a lot of character and relationship development during the series. TV was good with Ken Stott playing Rebus but there wre some with John Hanna which I didn't like. If you like detective novels and you're looking for something new, I'd also recommend Stephen Booth's novels - new one of those just out as well, but again you're probably best starting with the early ones. Set in the Peak District and the way he weaves the landscape into the books is very good.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  17. david1968

david1968 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

9.5 this morning. Not a happy bunny so went out for a longish walk (about seven miles) and got it down to 6.4 by the time I got back home.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Hug Hug x 1
  18. Dixon1995

Dixon1995 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

4.3 fasting when I woke this morning, felt good about it but my body didn't! had some squashy sweets but might have had 1 or 2 too many because after breakfast it was 10.5 ooooops!

Well done @david1968 that's great

• Like Like x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

goodnight everyone sweet dreams :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  20. philchap1

philchap1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Goodnight Karen

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook