1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NewdestinyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Ziggy2017

Ziggy2017 Type 3 · Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone my libre read me as 2.6 today but my blood sugar is actually 4.5 have a good weekend everyone

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Hug Hug x 2
  2. ziggy_w

ziggy_w Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all.

@Goonergal -- Glad to see your blood sugars are settling a bit. Have fun planting trees.
    @DJC3 -- Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get your chimney fixed soon.
    @Chronicle_Cat -- Super job on your weight loss. You are an inspiration.
    @karen8967 -- Hugs for your hypo. Sounds scary. Hope you feel better now.

Blood sugars this morning were 5.1.

Have a great weekend everyone.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Emma_369

Emma_369 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone. 4.2 on this very wet day! Typical it would be wet & miserable when we have tickets for an outdoor event tonight. So warm layers, wellies & umbrellas all round as we walk around a Magic Lantern Festival. Have a good day all!

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

4.0 @ 08.19

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 7
  5. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Master

Im fine now thanks ive been full of cold so highered my basal .but cold has subsided now so will lower it tonight

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Expert

Morning All. Woke at 6.15 tested was 5.5 went back to bed woke again at 9am tested was 5.9. Now enjoying large mug of tea with a smile on my face.
    @DJC3 I am still waiting on my roofer also not returning my calls and we are emptying a washing up bowl in the loft also. We are powerless I think to be able to move forward this side of Christmas.@ianpspurs hope you are having a lovely time with the little lad and his littler sister.
    @Chronicle_Cat congrats to you on your super results.
    Hope all who are unwell get better. Stay warm and cosy.
    Have a good Saturday everyone. Stay well, safe and hypo free.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Hug Hug x 3
  7. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to test this morning. I took my eye off the ball last night and focused it on the bowl of celebrations that are traditionally scattered around at Christmas time for friends and family who call. Always done it, can't stop now. I've not succumbed to ordinary chocolate since diagnosis, just over 1 year ago. Not sure why I did last night but I had 6 of the sugar bombs!!! I was only going to have 1. That was never going to happen! So moreish, i remembered that just as I was eating the 1st one! That coupled with hunters chicken (which said on the pack 6.6 per piece and i had 2 pieces as my weight was back at my lowest so want to nudge it up a couple of lbs, maintaining for me is proving quite challenging, especially when you have a heavy cold and appetite not what it usually is). My one glass of red wine wasn't enough to win the battle of BS! So today I report my FBS of 7.1. It's times like this it hits me that I haven't reversed my diabetes. I'm just controlling it (99% of the time!). I hate to go into detail especially so early in the morning but my 'sugar overload' symptoms that involve rapid race to the loo returned (one of the symptoms i went to the dr with prior to dx). My body just can no longer deal with high carb intake. I don't want hugs. It was self inflicted and don't deserve them. But I'm taking a hard lesson from this and moving onwards and upwards. @Goonergal I'm so happy to see yours are playing ball! Off to do some painting now .....after a cheese omelette!

Hope you all have good days. It's very cold on the north west coast. But nice and toasty inside I'm happy to say. @DJC3 I hope you get sorted soon.

• Like Like x 9
    • Hug Hug x 7
  8. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good morning all :)

4.1 today

grey looking but not too cold considering the weather forecast is not good for later today. May go out and do some shopping, but then again may stay home and work with what we have available ;)
    Main job for today is clearing out a window alcove and installing a bookcase we bought on Thursday (plus finishing the writing of the local christmas cards so they can be delivered on Monday).

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

I'm sorry but whether you want one or not your getting one so there. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I'm giggling

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  11. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

It seems to be a very Cornish thing - everyone is so relaxed and laid back, except me!

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Thanks Ziggy, I’ve got everything crossed

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 1
  13. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Oh you have my sympathy, it’s so frustrating isn’t it? - worse for you I think as at least I don’t have to climb into the loft to empty the washing up bowl.
    Great fbg by the way!

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Could have been worse I reckon - if it was Maltesers you’d have eaten the lot if you’re anything like me!
    I think these lapses are good in a way as they remind us of how much better off we are without the rubbish. Glad your cold is getting better.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Roulis

Roulis Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone! Hope all is well! It's bitterly cold in Leicesrshire this morning! I've also heard rumors of snow coming our way! Any way, I did a test this morning, I got up after a long night's sleep, Nil by mouth, got my badminton rackets and of I went for an hours game. The game was quite intensive, sweated plenty, and consumed couple of pints of water in the process. I just returned home, had nothing to eat or drink (other than water) tested my BG levels, mmol/L = 5.8. It appears that this type of exercise dose not have much affect on the fasting BG levels (I had the same reading without doing any training, yesterday morning). Tomorrow morning I'll to the same test, however this time I'll spend the time on the bench press working out with weights, and see the difference - if any. best wishes to all!

• Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

Having lived and worked in Cornwall I can only agree. A local guy I was working with once said to me I've never been to the big city I said what London the reply was oh no Plymouth he was about sixty and never been further than Truro.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  17. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

6.2 this morning
    Pleased with that

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 7
  18. FUD

FUD Type 1 · Active Member

8.3 not great but just single figures are good for me. Having relationship issues causing stress which pretty much stops my insulin working, or I need to take a shed load more :(

• Like Like x 8
    • Hug Hug x 7
  19. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

In this day and age - have you not heard of #MeToo?

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

You can take the girl out of Landan ......:angelic:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook