What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ChrisT2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All 6.5 for me which is satisfactory. @Estragon hug for the stress test. @ChrisT2 I recommend sharing the protein part of the family meal and changing the accompaniments so green veg /cauli rice/mashed swede or celeriac/salad rather than chips/potatoes/rice/pasta. Enjoy Wednesday everyone.
Hi, thanks for the foodie tips. Thankfully I am not a rice or pasta fan, our main veggie is boiled potatoes and occasionally oven chips. Protein stuff is either fish (not my favourite except tuna) or meat avoiding processed items. As for veggies I think they will have to force feed me because I tend to avoid anything green
I am currently in consultation with the head chef and food buyer who will readjust my menu somewhat reluctantly, bless her

Kiwigal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Greetings @Kiwigal and welcome back to this FBG thread, It's good to see you here again.
Thank you LivingLightly, I do visit this forum once in a while. :)

I'm dealing with out of controlled Pots (Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome), CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and Long Covid for 19 months on-going. (Researchers saying Long Covid may be part of autoimmune diseases.)

The gifts of Covid keep on giving - got to keep eyes on my diabetes as I have got positive predisposition genes for Type 1 Diabetes that Long Covid could switch on this genes.

I will definitely come in to visit this forum over the time.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nasty 9 this morning not sure where that bug*er came from because I have been very good ( for me ) re carbs less than a 100 a day also had good sleep plus a 3 mile walk . Anyway I am back on the wagon ( 2 weeks now ) and have lost 8 pds another 2 stone and a half to go . That will still make me over my "ideal weight " but I would be happy with that . I am build for strength bit like a 5ft 3 pit pony lol .

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We are staying in Beadnell, Northumberland about a street away from the coast line, where we can see a view of the Farne Islands. The Farne Islands is the place to go to see Puffins, no Puffins in sight this week though, as sea is too rough for a seafaring coward like me. Boat trip will have to wait for another time.

I might be in luck though, I think I saw a 6.0 floating by this morning.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are staying in Beadnell, Northumberland about a street away from the coast line, where we can see a view of the Farne Islands. The Farne Islands is the place to go to see Puffins, no Puffins in sight this week though, as sea is too rough for a seafaring coward like me. Boat trip will have to wait for another time.
Yes @Ryhia, you're close to an outstanding location for birdwatching. What a pity the weather is not on your side.

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday morning 4.44 Good: My FBG has been stable for a while now. Bad: Most of the time I eat almost the same types of food. As long as it is freshly made from scratch I can live with it. Take care everyone.