Type 1 What watch should a buy that will help me with my diabetes type 1???

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
What do you want it to do? Connect to a CGM? Control an artificial pancreas system? If you tell us what kit (Pump, CGM, phone etc) you use currently, we can come up with some good suggestions.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I use the Dexcom G6 which links to my Garmin watch so I get alerts of hypos and hypers if this is what your referring to ?

Dian Fourie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What do you want it to do? Connect to a CGM? Control an artificial pancreas system? If you tell us what kit (Pump, CGM, phone etc) you use currently, we can come up with some good suggestions.

Call emergency services when I fell hard(like in a coma) and tell me when my heart rate is to high ect.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Most smart watches have a heart rate monitor these days, some newer ones like the Apple Watch 5 can detect arrhythmias as well. I don’t know of any that will automatically call emergency services for you if you become unconscious though.

Reactions: Dian Fourie

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Apple watch 4 and above has fall detection if you are moving it will sound alarm and give you the option of calling emergency service or if you are ok dismissing the alert. If you are not moving or do not respond in about a minute it will automatically call emergency services.

Reactions: Dian Fourie

Dian Fourie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Most smart watches have a heart rate monitor these days, some newer ones like the Apple Watch 5 can detect arrhythmias as well. I don’t know of any that will automatically call emergency services for you if you become unconscious though.

Thanks

Dian Fourie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Apple watch 4 and above has fall detection if you are moving it will sound alarm and give you the option of calling emergency service or if you are ok dismissing the alert. If you are not moving or do not respond in about a minute it will automatically call emergency services.

Thanks