What will I be given once I get the pump?

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've got a set date of 1st of July to start on the pump (so excited!!) Everything has been ordered and sent to the hospital and I'm getting the vibe. I was just wondering what will actually be given to me on that day as I will be going alone and not sure how much stuff I will have to carry home

iHs

As the vibe was my second pump, a courìer company delivered it all to my home but as you are a 1st timer, the pump plus the boxes of infusion sets will be at the hospital. You will need a mini cab to bring the large box home as it will be too much to carry on your own. The pump rep will start you off with saline in the pump to allow you to get used to it and then the dsn will start the insulin probably 7 days later.

Reactions: 2 people

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As the vibe was my second pump, a courìer company delivered it all to my home but as you are a 1st timer, the pump plus the boxes of infusion sets will be at the hospital. You will need a mini cab to bring the large box home as it will be too much to carry on your own. The pump rep will start you off with saline in the pump to allow you to get used to it and then the dsn will start the insulin probably 7 days later.

Thanks!

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I started on the vibe at the hospital around a month ago now- either a cab home with multiple large boxes or some of the others in my group took their supplies home gradually over the couple of sessions we attended! Good luck it will change your life for the better :)

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I took all my Vibe gear home from hospital in one large paper carrier bag. On the bus. They warned us to bring a big bag.

Reactions: 2 people