What's a good 7day,14day,30day mmol/L

spence22

Hello i'm Spence :wave: ,22 years old, i am new to the forum, however i am not a newly diagnosed diabetic.
I am type 1, i started of doing really well controlling my diabetes, and got a HbA1c of 6.1, then for a couple of years, i went slightly down hill with it all, not checking blood levels regualry etc ...now im striving to get back on top of it, for the past couple of weeks i've been monitoring very closely, and have completely changed the way in which i'm eating.

I feel such a huge change in myself, and feel fresh and alive ( best way i can describe it ) before i felt tired and heavy, but got so used to feeling like that, i didnt realise how bad i was feeling ( if that makes sense :crazy: )

My blood glucose meter at the moment, is just a 'Boots' model,which works fine, very similar to the exceed i used to have..

my current: 7-day is 6.1mmol/L
14-day is 6.0mmol/L
30-day is 6.2mmol/L

underneath the 'mmol/L' readings it says ' n= ' then a number ..... for example my 30-day is ' n=105' & 14-day is 'n=95' can anyone explain that to me? ( embarrssed slightly that i dont know :oops: ( i've only been using the blood reader for 15days, dont know if that makes a difference to the 30day reading )

sorry for the long post, would be delighted to get some feedback, and what your guys readings are for 7,14,30daymmol/L xx :)

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the 'n' stands for the number of tests you did that has been used to calculate the average over the period specified.

I hope someone will correct me if I've got it wrong.

Cheers,

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes Lindy is right, you've tested 95 times in the last 14 days (so an average of 6.7 times a day)
If you've only used it for 15 days then you used it 10 times on that first day.
It's only worth looking at the 14 and 7 day averages at the moment. When you have had it for 30 days then that average will be for a whole 30 days.

You can't really compare your average with other peoples averages. It depends on how often but also when they test. If you tested for example just before meals, during exercise and when hypo then your average will lower than your average blood glucose really is.(mine probably follows that pattern more, I don't test as often 2 hours after meals as I used to)

If you test before, 2 hours after, fasting/bedtime and the other odd times;before driving/exercise etc then it's likely to be a realistic average.