Whats left to eat?

the east man

Dislikes
having to think about everything I eat
I now log on to diabetes.co.uk every morning to see which foods I'm no longer alllowed to eat. If I took all advice from these studies, I think I would be down to lettuce and tomatoes. :shock: :roll: :?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Mind you, I hear lettuce is a bit dodgy......

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
malcysykes1 said:
Is there an ultra low carb version of lettuce?

Chop it coarsely & then strain all the bits out.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Has there been a post saying nuts are bad (other than peanuts & cashews?)

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The recent post saying that Bacon causes Diabetes is an absolute god send! It means we can have all the Bacon, Lettuce* & Tomatoe salads that we want.

Can't catch it twice. :lol:

*Make sure you check for insects. Don't want any extra protein sneakin' into your salad...

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Optislim fail miserably on the savoury shake front. Their tomatoe and chicken soups don't do it for me at all. Switched to sweet shakes for my evening meals...

I grab a mug of chicken or lamb oxo when I get a savoury craving.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
the east man said:
I now log on to diabetes.co.uk every morning to see which foods I'm no longer alllowed to eat. If I took all advice from these studies, I think I would be down to lettuce and tomatoes. :shock: :roll: :?

Where do you see that east man, is it on the forum or on the Community pages? Only asking as I am not sure where you see this each morning :?

Nigel

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Best not to know Nigel ignorance is bliss :shock:
CAROL

jest

There has been salmonella outbreaks from lettuce and tomatoes so that leaves you with water? Wait, is your water filtered?

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
May be best to wash all lettuce and tomato in alcohol I recommend a good red wine or fine whiskey then drain, carefully saving the liquid .Throw away any solids and drink the liquid :lol:

pianoman

+1 on carty's washing in alcohol suggestion... although with potential contaminants on the lettuce and tomatoes you might want to skip over the washing step... just throw away any solids and drink the liquid :mrgreen:

[youtube]1yCeFmn_e2c[/youtube]

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
It's a shame you feel that way.

The forum's for sharing personal experience and opinion rather than a guide to what you can/cannot eat.

It's always going to be trial and error. Certainly feels like a trial at times I can tell you!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
carty said:
Best not to know Nigel ignorance is bliss :shock:
CAROL

I know Carol but I would still like to know where these east man see's the foods his not allowed to eat on the forum:?

the east man

Dislikes
having to think about everything I eat
Sanober said:
It's a shame you feel that way.

The forum's for sharing personal experience and opinion rather than a guide to what you can/cannot eat.

It's always going to be trial and error. Certainly feels like a trial at times I can tell you!
Chill Nigel, more or less a bit of tounge in cheek :wink: But if you look through the "Latest News" on the home page, you tell me whats good for you and not good for you. It's just a mess. N0t knocking the forum or any forum members.