What's playng in YOUR car?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I was thinking about this as I went out this morning.
I have a CD changer, so keep the same CDs in a long time
Currently I have The Moody Blues[I love the harmony and counterpoint] and
John Barrowman. His performance would teach other singers a LOT. perfect intonation and excellent diction. impeccable breath control and phrasing. He holds long notes on vowel sounds, not consonants [something Iwas taught too! Consonants just sound nasal]. His voice has different colours and shading too.
Wonderful performance every time and even after having those CDs in for a year at least. I don't feel the need to change them.
I was listening to his version pf "Memories" this morning. It's one of those songs that often sounds AWFUL. Overly sentimental and mushyand draggy in the worst possible way. Elaine Page and Barrowman both avoid that.
I'm pernickety about singing. I used to sing myself before the stroke, but my throat muscles are not good enough for perfect performances any more, so I've practically given up.
It's something the dear old NHS never offered to help me with and I didn't know how to find the right kind of voice teacher to help me through it.
It's been the source of much sadness to me

Hana

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I play my MP3 player through my car stereo it holds quite a few tracks and I keep it on random play so rarely get to hear the same song twice unless on a long journey, last played song was 'Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Refugee' and that was preceded by 'Stretch - Why Did You Do It' if I remember correctly :D

Also listen to Absolute Radio, Radio Two, Smooth Radio or other stations with good reception if out of area.

cowmigator

Dislikes
Over cooked Steak
People who faff
Travelling on busses
People driving too close
I recently bought tom petty greatest hits and it has been stuck in my car ever since. Before that I had the foo fighters stuck in there for a good six months. I like a bit of rock!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
hanadr said:
I was thinking about this as I went out this morning.
I have a CD changer, so keep the same CDs in a long time
Currently I have The Moody Blues[I love the harmony and counterpoint] and
John Barrowman. His performance would teach other singers a LOT. perfect intonation and excellent diction. impeccable breath control and phrasing. He holds long notes on vowel sounds, not consonants [something Iwas taught too! Consonants just sound nasal]. His voice has different colours and shading too.
Wonderful performance every time and even after having those CDs in for a year at least. I don't feel the need to change them.
I was listening to his version pf "Memories" this morning. It's one of those songs that often sounds AWFUL. Overly sentimental and mushyand draggy in the worst possible way. Elaine Page and Barrowman both avoid that.
I'm pernickety about singing. I used to sing myself before the stroke, but my throat muscles are not good enough for perfect performances any more, so I've practically given up.
It's something the dear old NHS never offered to help me with and I didn't know how to find the right kind of voice teacher to help me through it.
It's been the source of much sadness to me

Hana

Hi hana I dont have a car or drive! but when my 11 year old is old enough to learn ( we are already picking out cars and colours, but most definately not a PINK one :sick:) We may have a bit of a battle over type of music we both like, but we both like the Dirty Dancing music and mu favourite is the Contours 'Do you love me' :clap: and also I would pick older Motown/Soul music. I've got another 6 to 7 years to wait :lol:
Dont give up singing you dont need to be perfect, I sing all the time in the house and quietly in supermarkets, and I'm not a great singer, but oooohhhh I do love music.
RRB

Fraddycat

I love the Moody Blues and Tom Petty! I have my MP3 playing in my car and I either have it set to random, or alphabetical by track so its usually a pretty eclectic mix of music, but I was recently in the S's; Shout -Tears for Fears, Situation - Yazoo, Small Town Boy - Bronski Beat, Somebody that I used to know - Gotye. I never could sing very well but it doesn't stop me wailing away in the car !!

angua

Fraddycat said:
I never could sing very well but it doesn't stop me wailing away in the car !!

Ha ha me neither but I love to, sadly I have to limit most of it to the car tho :roll:

I currently have Bryan Ferry - Dylanesque The Monkees The Definitive, Bruce Springstein - can't recall album
Stevie Nicks - Belladonna, The Verve - Urban Hymns and Madonna's Ray of Light stuck in number 3 position which I can neither remove nor play (all round its a good thing :wink: )

Gilly

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
BBC Radio Four. I didn't realise that there was a different option.

rtee

I've got Bob Dylan, Phil Collins and various Praise and Worship C.D.s . Also radio FOUR .
I sing along very loudly and thank the LORD I'm able to. Hope you get to sing again Hana if only for your own pleasure (and your grand children's. They'll love to hear you sing I'm sure)

Fraddycat

Good taste Gilly! Borofergie, I used to be the same until this whole 'economic meltdown' malarky, too much scaremongering and media generated fear and loathing. Now I prefer musical escapism!

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

WhitbyJet

I have my mp3 player for longer journeys or out ofreception areas, otherwise I listen to Yorkshire Coast Radio

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
My iPod playing throu the radio which contains old favourites like the Eagles, REM and Bob Marley, country and western in the form of Randy Travis, classic pop - Abba and Kylie and newer stuff like Marina and the Diamonds, Palma Faith and Taio Cruz. A right eclectic mix in other words. Love my music :D

desidiabulum

I've been listening in the car to the new version of A Venetian Coronation 1595 by the Gabrieli Consort & Players. (well, you did ask...) The 8-minute introduction is a wonderful re-creation of a 16th-century festival atmosphere in a huge populous square -- church bells ringing, crowds, fireworks, drums and trumpets. Great to play at full volume while stuck in a traffic jam...

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
In the car

Depeche Mode - Songs of Faith and Devotion
Soundgarden - Superunknown
U2 - Acthung Baby
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Police - Greatest Hits
Madonna - Ray of Light

and Radio 4

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Radio 2 most of the time, the CD's in my car include Keanne, Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses and Lady Gaga (wife's).

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
We're truly an eclectic bunch!
I listen to radio 4too and I love baroque music. So I have much in common with others. I'm afraid I never got to grips with heavy metal, but i did play Stravinsky's Jazz suite until the disc wore out.
Hana
PS Classic FM drives me bonkers. Other half plays it.[we dropped down to 1 car when we both retired] I like the music, but can't stand the drivell talked over it.