Whats the best hotel to stay in?

ne0h

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am going away next week for a few days and am wondering if there is a big difference between Premier Inn and Travel Lodge hotels. All I want is a single room with tv, wifi & a nice breakfast / food menu. Which one of these hotels is best?

Janine22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We use both these hotels frequently and would say premier inn. Most times breakfast isn't included so costs you extra although sometimes you get a Travelodge that includes a continental breakfast in price.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The last time hubby and I booked a room at Travelodge one afternoon, the receptionist asked us if we were staying overnight. Breakfast was croissant or a box of cereal on a tray left outside the room and a kettle for beverages in the room.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Premier Inn for me. The beds are all really comfy, minimum 1000 pocket springs. Also, most have a 24hr bar :)

Janine22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Really does depend on the hotel some travelodges have been recently done up and are on par with premier inn. Also stayed at a Travelodge that had a bar in the hotel which was a first normally it's a restaurant attached.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Premier Inn is usually a bit comfier and I think the Wifi cost is cheaper.
We stayed in one last week and it was £3 for 24 hours. I'm sure that is cheaper than Travelodge.
Just to throw it in to the mix, Holiday Inn Express don't charge any extra for either Wifi or Breakfast and quite often work out about the same as the other two.

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
[My preference is neither if I can help it!!

If I had to chose it would be Premier Inn, they tend to be not so tired as Travelodge.

jim

Reactions: 2 people

Nicko2K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would say premier. Beds are big n comfy. Can choose how i want my breakfast cooked. For example grilled or fried ect. Rooms have also been clean and presentable. Unlike some travelodge hotels I've stayed in where the carpets have been stained and coming up at the edges. Not saying they're all like that but avoid them when possible now due to my own past experience.

Type 1 Diabetic: (Novorapid/Levemir) Diagnosed 2014: Extremely handsome: Always smiling :)

C

chris lowe

I always go for Trvelodge, they have recentl;y had a refurb and have very comfy beds and most now have a bar/restaurant. I normally find Travelodge cheaper and if you know you will def be going then they do a supersaver rate which is cheaper but you can't cancel. I did use Holiday Inn Express for a festival in Oxfordshire and they were reasonable first two years, then cottoned on to the fact everyone was off to the festival and the last time we used them had a generous offer of £300 + for booking for the following year, almost 100% increase so we went back to Travelodge. We are staying 2nd weekend in August for £93 for 3 nights. Doesn't include breakfast but as it's on the services we can get food or just wait until we get to the festival site. Can't wait for my first buffalo burger of the year. Mmmmmmm