Type 2 What's the current soundtrack to you life ?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all.

Since coming on here my mood has lightened tremendously, thanks to the good advice and camaraderie shown by so many.

But we all have bad days and one of the things that helps me over those humps in life has been music.

Now way am i connoisseur, but i do like music, of many different sorts.

Just curious what other peoples choices are right now.and what were some of the songs in the soundtrack to their lives
at individual times as well...

as in what song takes you back to a certain point OR what songs run through your head to sustain through some more difficult moments.

I'm old enough to remember david dundas and 'My blue jeans' which ran around my head when i was late teens, first motorbike, first real relationship..then onto thin lizzie, the boys are back in town..oh, happy days.

Breaking up of a few relationships left it's musical marks with tracks of my tears smokey robinson, 'Nothing compares to you' sinead o'connor

Later was a lot of the motown classics, then on to pink floyd, supertramp, vangelis..i'm sure we all have loads of our own

Well, since being diagnosed i've taken up running..(poor effort, but one can only try), and the music + bluetooth earphones has been ideal.

Well what brings me to this post, was this morning the misses has been a bit, 'Nippy' with me or so i thought,,maybe i was just feeling sensitive..but i know she has her own crosses to bear and is struggling with menopausal symptoms.

I want to be cool, so bit my tongue, bless her, i know how much the hot sweats etc bother her.
and instead, a song i run to hit a nice little resonance in my mind, and i thought yeah..that's me at the moment.,
Not sure if i can link to youtube, but the song is imagine dragons "Whatever it takes"

Link here if acceptable ?
NB: No inappropriate images or wording, but as always viewer caution is advised.
Imagine dragons

I'd love to hear other peoples choices.

Last edited:

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This sounds kinda nuts probably, but I've been downlately and worrying a lot.... And right now I've got Bobby McFerrin's Don't Worry, Be Happy playing. It doesn't change anything, not really... But for as long as it's playing, things seem a little lighter.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Snap @JoKalsbeek , I just searched it and was listening to it on You Tube and in the meantime you had posted. Here’s a link:
Also Eric Idles ‘Always Look in the Bright Side of Life’ springs to mind. I won’t post a link as there’s one tiny little profanity and as a mod I can’t condone it ;)

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
weekends i listen to bbc radio 6 maryanne hobbs mornings don letts evenings or craig charles wonderful choice of music..
youtube or spotify.. talking heads this must be the place , new order blue monday, al stewart time passages, temptations just my imagination, yes roundabout,, ian dury hit me with your rythmn stick , lindisfarne clear white light, ac/dc thunderstruck, gruppo sportivo armee monika, fatoumata diawara sowa, nils frahm winged victory, mory kante yeke yeke, genesis musical box. cure last days of summer ,royal scots dragoon band amazing grace and also the monty python one as well @Rachox .
thats a few to be going on with....

Last edited:
Reactions: paulmh
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi all.

Since coming on here my mood has lightened tremendously, thanks to the good advice and camaraderie shown by so many.

But we all have bad days and one of the things that helps me over those humps in life has been music.

Now way am i connoisseur, but i do like music, of many different sorts.

Just curious what other peoples choices are right now.and what were some of the songs in the soundtrack to their lives
at individual times as well...

as in what song takes you back to a certain point OR what songs run through your head to sustain through some more difficult moments.

I'm old enough to remember david dundas and 'My blue jeans' which ran around my head when i was late teens, first motorbike, first real relationship..then onto thin lizzie, the boys are back in town..oh, happy days.

Breaking up of a few relationships left it's musical marks with tracks of my tears smokey robinson, 'Nothing compares to you' sinead o'connor

Later was a lot of the motown classics, then on to pink floyd, supertramp, vangelis..i'm sure we all have loads of our own

Well, since being diagnosed i've taken up running..(poor effort, but one can only try), and the music + bluetooth earphones has been ideal.

Well what brings me to this post, was this morning the misses has been a bit, 'Nippy' with me or so i thought,,maybe i was just feeling sensitive..but i know she has her own crosses to bear and is struggling with menopausal symptoms.

I want to be cool, so bit my tongue, bless her, i know how much the hot sweats etc bother her.
and instead, a song i run to hit a nice little resonance in my mind, and i thought yeah..that's me at the moment.,
Not sure if i can link to youtube, but the song is imagine dragons "Whatever it takes"

Link here if acceptable ?
NB: No inappropriate images or wording, but as always viewer caution is advised.
Imagine dragons

I'd love to hear other peoples choices.

Hi I am not type 2, but I like many type's of music, but Motown is my first love, it's The ( Four) Tops :happy:

I chose this song because of a serious situation that happened at the end of June and into July this year, title says it all.

Reactions: Bogie and jjraak
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
For all the people who have found life hard and unpredictable, especially with a life long medical condition :- After talking to someone, they asked if I have knew this song, so I googled it :-

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have been playing this a lot makes me feel at peace with my self when out of sorts or depressed.
Jan Garbarek - Parce Mihi Domine

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @jo.
hope that 'Funny' didn't cause offence.
meant it nicely, strange how sometimes the oddest things can help us.:headphone:
Cool choice.

@Rachox, love the link..just easier and really brings to 'thread' to life...:happy:

@Robinredbreast..posted in as type 2, through lack of thinking, apologies..thank you for posting up.
what a classic...remembered as listening while working on my old cord cortina.
and good that you seem to have overcome your difficulties, i hope, and stayed alive.

and @Diawara, some i know and will happily take a listen to the others...
i do love being introduced to music i wasn't aware of.
cheers for posting up.

Reactions: Pipp

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Early morning alarms from my MiaoMiao and this is on my playlist and I ask "Alexa" to play it for me until my bloods return to normal

OR when things are really getting me down.....

Reactions: jjraak and db89

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
when i lost my dad, i was in the worst place of my life,
this among others was something i found most settling.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t have a soundtrack to my life neccassarily but constantly have random songs stuck in my head on loop. Despite having my work office to myself all day, the radio blasting all sorts of tunes, going round round in my head is Dannii Minogues version of the Melba Moore disco classic ‘This is it’
I say her version, any song in my head is always my own voice singing it, mumbling the bits I don’t know, and belting out the bits I do. I’m sure there’s a mini me on a karaoke machine dancing away in my brain. Perhaps I need a whole different forum for this issue as all of my friends find it very strange that It’s my own voice I hear :wacky:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
try youtube toumani diabate and sidiki diabate ..jarabi if you want uplifting ..i dont know how to upload video

#edit/delete to reflect later post

As for uploading.
hit and copy link (address bar) from youtube, then inside YOUR post, select MEDIA..the film reel on toolbar above.
embed is simply paste THAT youtube link inside it..Job, jobbed.

HTH's..(obviously, like any public forum, with respect to inappropriate imagery or wording.

Did slightly remind of this for some odd reason.

Last edited:

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @jo.
hope that 'Funny' didn't cause offence.
meant it nicely, strange how sometimes the oddest things can help us.:headphone:
Cool choice.

@Rachox, love the link..just easier and really brings to 'thread' to life...:happy:

@Robinredbreast..posted in as type 2, through lack of thinking, apologies..thank you for posting up.
what a classic...remembered as listening while working on my old cord cortina.
and good that you seem to have overcome your difficulties, i hope, and stayed alive.

and @Diawara, some i know and will happily take a listen to the others...
i do love being introduced to music i wasn't aware of.
cheers for posting up.
Not offended at all! Knew exactly what you meant. :)

Reactions: porl69 and jjraak

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Would this be it...a little quirky, but i did like,

As for uploading.
hit and copy link (address bar) from youtube, then inside YOUR post, select MEDIA..the film reel on toolbar above.
embed is simply paste THAT youtube link inside it..Job, jobbed.
HTH's..(obviously, like any public forum, with respect to inappropriate imagery or wording.

Did slightly remind of this.

as you say quirky but nice no not the one ..but ill have a go

Reactions: jjraak