What's the impact of BREXIT news having on you?

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all. Just wandered how everyone is managing the uncertainty of BREXIT on an emotional level and subsequent self care level? Must admit there are moments where I feel quite overwhelmed by the uncertainty of the future of healthcare available. Ironically, when I am overwhelmed, I also self soothe- using- you name it- fooooood!!!! It's such a comfort but also a double edged sword for feeling sonbad afterwards. Please share how you are copjng with all that's going on at the moment.... Thanks in advance x

Lynbarn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi ya, to be honest I am to a certain extent numb. The continued political fall out is just something you could not make up even if you tried. Politicians on both sides have not shown any honor in my view and I just don't know how I will trust them again.

I have also felt anger at some of my fellow British Nationals at not showing a bit more restraint when dealing with immigrants. there is in my mind no room for bullying or scaremongering and certainly no room for carrying out in some cases violent attacks on them.

I think we all need to calm down and just think what we are all going to do, I know it has been tough for a lot of people and I don't expect it to get any better over night, but better it will get at some point.

Reactions: 4 people

Henryhoggle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The inside
Just found this thread....and two years on, I don't honestly feel any less hopelessly resigned to the whole Brexit shambles than I did before.

Does the leaked documents about the very likely interruption of insulin supplies into the UK change anything for anyone?