Whats the least painfull lancet

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up until now I have always used the BD micro fine lancets and was wondering if there are any that are even kinder and less painfull.

My problem is my skin is quite tender as I reguarly get little pin head blisters (doc says its a a form of dermatitus) that have a clear fluid in them, and when they burst the skin becomes flakey and itchy. The BD have been resonable up to now but can some times be painfull and feel on ocasions like the needle is jagged.

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
when you get used to it the best ive used is the Accu-Chek fastclix lancet

jperry

Hi Pav. Do you mean the insulin delivery needles or the lancets for blood tests? Do you use a new one each time? Julie

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Re: Whats the least painful lancet

BD MIcrofine Lancets come in two thicknesses .. 0.2mm 33G and 0.3mm 30G.
I have tried both and the thinner one is definately the one I prefer.

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Julie its the lancets I am asking about, only use each lancet one time on the lowest setting, though might have to try it on a couple of fingers, then its in the sharps bin, not taking any infection risks by repeatidly reusing them.

The ones I use are the 0.2 mm ones, in the past tried some of the thicker lancets can't remember what brand they were, compared to the BD ones there was no comparison.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
pav said:
The ones I use are the 0.2 mm ones, in the past tried some of the thicker lancets can't remember what brand they were, compared to the BD ones there was no comparison.

There is absolutely nothing out there that is thinner than 0.2mm, but it does make a difference in the manufacturer of the lancing device. I have tried every one available and found the My Life Pura to be the ultimate best. I have always had mine provided and delivered free of charge (you have to fib a bit) and I can't see any reason why you should not get one too.
Just e-mail them and say your present Pura device got broken while travelling and your local chemist does not sell them. Also tell them you are now forced into using an old non Pura tool but its horrible .. they've never queried me :wink:

http://en.mylife-diabetescare.com/mylif ... evice.html

e-mail >> [email protected]

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Worth trying a different lancet device, did look at getting a my life meter, ended up with the bayer next usb, still using the old xceed lancet device.

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its been a long while since updating this thread, the xceed lancing devices I was using have now broken. I have tried a few lancets and found the BD micro fine ones still to be the best followed by the Bayer ones.

I have now acquired a my life pura x lancing device with the BD micro fine (0.2 mm) lancets, so far it feels like the best combination of lancet / lancing device that I have tried.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use both abbot freestyle and bayer micro lancets, the latter is probably the least painful but neither are really that painful anyway

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Thommothebear said:
I use both abbot freestyle and bayer micro lancets, the latter is probably the least painful but neither are really that painful anyway

Yes that combination does seem to be the best :thumbup: :thumbup: .... :clap: