whats your favourite

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
toastie fillings? Getting a new toastie machine tomorrow (hopefully) and planned is a cheese and tomato, but looking for other ideas to have this week too x

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheese and onion.
Cheese and well done smoked bacon.
Bacon and Brie. ( not a favourite).

Reactions: kaylz91

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I vote for something festive: Brie and turkey and a bit of cranberry?

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
not that I eat them now but I used to enjoy -

cheddar and branston pickle
banana (try it with a bit of cottage cheese added too)
corned beef and baked bean with or without a splash of worcestershire sauce (sounds weird but don't knock it until you've tried it ;))

D

Deleted Account

Whatever the fillings, the toastie will be even better if you use sourdough bread. Yum.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 308541

I have not eaten them since my two sons left home years ago.

Their favourites were cheese and ham, and ham and cheese, It always took a while to make their minds up till they twigged they were the same.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Peanut butter and chocolate? Haha. I don’t eat them either

Ham and cheese sounds awesome. Bacon and cheese too.
I used to love tuna melts with cheese and tomato.

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Egg and sweet corn is lovely, just put the raw beaten egg on the bread. It puffs up really nice.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Peanut butter and chocolate? Haha. I don’t eat them either

Ham and cheese sounds awesome. Bacon and cheese too.
I used to love tuna melts with cheese and tomato.
There are actually PB & Chocolate suggestions out there on the net that I would LOVE to try!! Haha

Love ham and cheese but will need to get to Aldi's first for my current favourite ham :)

Oh i used to eat tuna and cheese toasted panini's all the time when me and my OH were away for the weekend so may just try that as there's plenty tuna in the cupboard :) x

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
There are actually PB & Chocolate suggestions out there on the net that I would LOVE to try!! Haha

Love ham and cheese but will need to get to Aldi's first for my current favourite ham :)

Oh i used to eat tuna and cheese toasted panini's all the time when me and my OH were away for the weekend so may just try that as there's plenty tuna in the cupboard :) x
Don’t judge me....my hubby, daughter and I LOVE pb and choco. So we would dump those really tiny dark choco baking chips in a mug, take a fork and dip it in the pb, then in the bowl of chips lol. They’d just hand off and around the pb. It was delish and we loved it. No need for bread there! Would have wrecked our family fun!