When you lose weight mostly on one body part?

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
when you gain it back does it go there first? Might sound stupid but i lost 8 lbs and it all came from my legs n butt! now I have a boyish body shape n my nice bubble butt is gone! So Im eating a lot (all healthy stuff) and I was just wondering if theyd go back to my legs and butt or am I gonna gain weight all over?

StellaWilson

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
There are situations like that but I think you have to balance the diet with exercise too. If you feel that your legs and butt are not shaping the way you want it, then focus on it by doing some exercise routine for legs and butt. Eating a lot more is not a proper solution I think. The best option now is to ask the help of a good gym instructor of what kind of exercise that would help you with your leg and butt problem.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Typically, when you lose fat you lose it all over at a consistent rate. You can't focus fat loss on any particular body part. Likewise, you don't regain fat in one place alone.

The recommended approach in most cases is to continue to work on fat loss, and use muscle gain (which you can focus on specific body parts) to gain mass. As Stella says, working with a good trainer is probably the best way to handle this.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk