1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

When you lose weight mostly on one body part?

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by lossweightways, Oct 30, 2014.

1. lossweightways

lossweightways Other · Newbie

when you gain it back does it go there first? Might sound stupid but i lost 8 lbs and it all came from my legs n butt! now I have a boyish body shape n my nice bubble butt is gone! So Im eating a lot (all healthy stuff) and I was just wondering if theyd go back to my legs and butt or am I gonna gain weight all over?

2. StellaWilson

StellaWilson Parent · Newbie

There are situations like that but I think you have to balance the diet with exercise too. If you feel that your legs and butt are not shaping the way you want it, then focus on it by doing some exercise routine for legs and butt. Eating a lot more is not a proper solution I think. The best option now is to ask the help of a good gym instructor of what kind of exercise that would help you with your leg and butt problem.

3. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Typically, when you lose fat you lose it all over at a consistent rate. You can't focus fat loss on any particular body part. Likewise, you don't regain fat in one place alone.

The recommended approach in most cases is to continue to work on fat loss, and use muscle gain (which you can focus on specific body parts) to gain mass. As Stella says, working with a good trainer is probably the best way to handle this.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook