1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Where can I get rid of unused pump supplies?

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Nicola M, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Nicola M

Nicola M Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm unsure if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find a thread so excuse me if there already is one. On Tuesday is my switch over day to a new pump, now I still have some animas supplies left over which I will not be using and I am unsure on what I should be doing with them, I don't want to just bin them as that would not only be a waste but it has sharps contained inside it but I don't really know where I can dispose of them or send them to put them to good use. Any help would be appreciated!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ann1982

Ann1982 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Try IDDT who collect supplies for 3rd world countries they might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. ealingr

ealingr Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The hospital took mine back when I switched pumps. I didn't ask, but perhaps they use them for education purposes?

4. Nicola M

@Ann1982 Emailed IDDT who sadly don’t take pump supplies

@ealingr think I’m going to take that route and just take my spares to the hospital to get rid of or get use out of

5. Engineer88

Engineer88 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Nicola M What supplies are they? its likely another pump user can use them (im always on the lookout for Inset II's) or if they are Medtronic the closed loop groups are always looking for them.

6. Nicola M

Pink inset II’s 6mm not sure how many & a couple boxes of cartridges @Engineer88

7. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

@Nicola M - there's a Type 1 Pay it forward group on Facebook. There are always people looking for Anmias pump supplies and any posted on there would be snapped up.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Nicola M

@tim2000s thank you very much!! Joined so hopefully someone will snap them up :)

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook