Where can I get rid of unused pump supplies?

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm unsure if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find a thread so excuse me if there already is one. On Tuesday is my switch over day to a new pump, now I still have some animas supplies left over which I will not be using and I am unsure on what I should be doing with them, I don't want to just bin them as that would not only be a waste but it has sharps contained inside it but I don't really know where I can dispose of them or send them to put them to good use. Any help would be appreciated!!

Reactions: kitedoc

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Try IDDT who collect supplies for 3rd world countries they might be able to point you in the right direction.

ealingr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The hospital took mine back when I switched pumps. I didn't ask, but perhaps they use them for education purposes?

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Ann1982 Emailed IDDT who sadly don’t take pump supplies

@ealingr think I’m going to take that route and just take my spares to the hospital to get rid of or get use out of

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Nicola M What supplies are they? its likely another pump user can use them (im always on the lookout for Inset II's) or if they are Medtronic the closed loop groups are always looking for them.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Nicola M - there's a Type 1 Pay it forward group on Facebook. There are always people looking for Anmias pump supplies and any posted on there would be snapped up.