Where did this burst of energy come from?

A

Anonymous

Before diagnosis, and then low carbing. I was always tired. No one expected me to be up before noon, and if I was, I was back in bed by 8pm. I was so exhausted that doing anything was so hard, and getting up the motivation was near impossible :( I put all this down to my underactive thyroid.

Over the last month my sleeping has decreased to the point I need 8 hours or less a night. Slowly my energy has been coming back, and today I feel ZINGY!!!!!!!!! I am assuming this will be due in part to being in ketosis (one from the top purple now) I am feeling so much better, and, as of today, I`ve lost 12 and a half pounds since being diagnosed. All this and test results in totally normal range. I am a marvel :lol:

Remarakable :clap:

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Yes that happened to me Jeanne. It did it the first time by levels dropped into the 4's one morning when out walking the dogs. Just like a sunrise in the head. A wonderful feeling.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Jeannemum said:
Slowly my energy has been coming back, and today I feel ZINGY!!!!!!!!! I am assuming this will be due in part to being in ketosis (one from the top purple now) I am feeling so much better, and, as of today, I`ve lost 12 and a half pounds since being diagnosed. All this and test results in totally normal range. I am a marvel :lol:

Remarakable :clap:

Welcome to ketosis! It's great isn't it? I remember getting an amazing sense of well being and lucidity a couple of weeks after I started. I think that it means that you are now "keto-adapted", and that your body has switched over from glucose to ketones as its main fuel source.

Some people think that ketones are the preferred fuel of your brain, and that it works more efficiently while burning them.

I used to snore and suffer from sleep apnea. Since I've been low-carbing I sleep all through the night, which also adds to my energy levels.

Well done!

A

Anonymous

It is really amazing xyzzy. It sounds dramatic, but for ages I have felt like a waste of skin. Little did I realise the reason.

It is more than great Fergie. My memory has improved. I don`t seem to lose track of my thoughts anywhere near as often. That was very annoying. I am finding myself looking for jobs to do around the house and garden.

I have no idea what my sleeping state is, other than I get up for a wee much less. I`ve been single a long long time. Let`s face it, sleeping was my only pleasure :wink:

SweetHeart

We done Jeanne!

I find I have more energy and I'm sleeping much much less. I used to crave sleep about three or four pm, to the point of falling asleep leaning against the door jamb or the kitchen units, but now I no longer do. I can spend longer on tasks and not feel very tired or feel like I really have to push myself in order to finish something. I think a little of this is attributable to the clocks going forward and the lighter days, but not all of it.

I'm so glad to hear that you're losing weight as it means there is hope for me yet as a fellow hypothyroid sufferer!

Julia

A

Anonymous

Thank you!

You will lose weight Julia. Are you on meds for your thyroid now?

Hmmmmmmm, maybe my brain isn`t working that well after all.

SweetHeart

I was just about to edit that post to say that, Jeanne. I'm on 75mg of Levothyroxine (I was on 50mg for 15 months before it was upped two weeks ago) but I also take L-Tyrosine supplement capsules at the same time as my thyroxine as it helps increase the effect of the thyroxine. Slowly, I'm starting to feel more like the person I used to be before I turned into a sloth!

Julia

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember posting a few years back that I was amazed at how much energy I had since dropping the carbs but then I realised that what I was doing was completely normal. Before T2, I would have spent less than an hour in the garden before sitting down, finding an excuse to eat something or simply giving up.

wiflib

A

Anonymous

It will all help with your weight loss. I want some of those supplements. Do you buy them, or are they prescribed. I am on 250mg of levo right now, and I am pretty sure the highest dose that can be taken is 300!

A

Anonymous

wiflib said:
I remember posting a few years back that I was amazed at how much energy I had since dropping the carbs but then I realised that what I was doing was completely normal. Before T2, I would have spent less than an hour in the garden before sitting down, finding an excuse to eat something or simply giving up.

wiflib

I have been welded to the chair when out of the bed wiflib. I am so pleased to see something positive happening to me for a change.

SweetHeart

Jeanne, just google L-Tyrosine. There are lots on ebay too, quite cheap. I used to take them in the morning but they knock me out a bit, so I take two at bedtime instead with my Levo. My sleep is better quality and I wake up feeling awake, instead of feeling like I really have to sleep much longer.

Julia

SweetHeart

I did research the L-Tyrosine before I took it and, as I said, it knocks me out (not a listed side effect :eh: ) so I take it at bedtime. My daily dose is 1000mg, which is much lower than most people take.

Julia

A

Anonymous

Holland and Barret have them in. I will just get 50 and see how I go. I am lucky enough to hardly ever suffer from side effects. Thanks for the link WJ, and I will give them a trial run Julia.