where to buy lowest carb Almond Flour?

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Hi Everyone, I have always bought my Almond Flour from Aldi at 99p per 200g packet and at 4.7 grams of carbs per 100g, produced by "The Pantry Essentails".When I went in last week I bought some more and noticed that the package had changed and when I looked it states carbohydrates per 100g is 9.4g, even though it is still made by The Pantry Essentials and the only ingredient is Ground Almonds. Does anyone think that this is a typo mistake, how could the carb count rise to exactly twice the usual amount, or thanks, Deb

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Contact the company Debs and ask for clarification on the carb content of their product.

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks noblehead, all it states on the packet is "made in the USA", no other information is given and I have tried to google "The Pantry Essentials" to no avail. I have now written to Aldi store Head Office but I don't really expect an answer, Deb

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
diadeb said:
Thanks noblehead, all it states on the packet is "made in the USA", no other information is given and I have tried to google "The Pantry Essentials" to no avail. I have now written to Aldi store Head Office but I don't really expect an answer, Deb

You never know Aldi may look into it for you, I don't use almond flour so unsure what the carb content is per 100g.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Deb!

You say it's made in US. Might it be American nutrition info on the packaging? In the US, they include the fibre in the carb content, so you have to find the fibre figure and subtract it from the carb content :crazy: In the UK, they already deduct the fibre before calculating the carb content. Personally, I always count ground almonds as 6g per 100g, but i can't think for the llife of me why :lol: As Noblehaed says, try contacting the manufacturer or Aldi. As far as I know, all ground almond should be pretty much the same.

Smidge

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
A couple of times, I've contacted Aldi about a product and they've always been brilliant; as are theeir products.
there's not likely to be much variation in carb content of different brands of ground almonds.
It's pretty easy to grind your own.
Hana

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks smmidge, on the packet it states carbs 9.4g/100g, fibre 11.7g/100g ?? and hanadr I have written to Aldi so will let people know if I hear back. It's no big deal but I do need to lose some weight and would just like to know the actual count so I can calculate my intake, Deb

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well today I got a reply from Aldi, which is more than I got when I contacted Holland nand Barrett. It is a mis print and the Almond flour is 4.7g carbs/100g, Deb