1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Where to buy pump supplies in UK?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by gradenko80, Apr 25, 2022.

1. gradenko80

gradenko80 Type 1 · Member

Hi guys, I'm visiting for Australia and will probably be in England for about 2-3 months on a visitor visa. I'm going to have to get some more supplies (I use the minimed reservoirs and mio infusion sets). We normally buy them at the chemist back home but I just went to a local pharmacy here in Oxford and was told that's not how it works. Do you guys shop online at the Medtronic website or is there a way to shop in store? Any tips on UK diabetes shopping much appreciated :)

2. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have to order mine from the Medtronic site (I am funded by the NHS but still have to order from the Medtronic site), though you really should call them to find out what else needs to be done for you to be able to order from them (I suspect they don't just sell their stuff to random people so you may need signoff from a doctor/consultant or proof that you already use them)

• Like Like x 1
  3. In Response

In Response Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I would discuss this with your supplier in Australia.
    I believe it is not possible to get a pump (and by extension pump supplies) in the UK without a doctor.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook