Where to get one

Burn

Hi, I inject nova rapid about 6 times a day and thinking that the pump would be a good idea (less injection time) I'm not sure my team would pay for it which is ok I would be prepared to pay for it myself. The trouble I'm having is finding where I can get one from. I was looking at the Accu Chek combo system does anyone know where I could buy one from?

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
I'm not sure, but I think you still need to go via your consultant? Even if paying for it yourself...

jonesy

i'm going down this road at the moment. you need the backing of your consultant and your GP probably. be aware that pumps are about 3,000 and upkeep is prob 100-150 a month.

i, too, looked at the accu-chek combo, but i prefer the look of tha DANA Diabecare R. it's the smallest and lightest pump in the world and waterproof. i especially like the tiny remote control unit.

you can see it here http://www.sooil.com/NEW/eng/m3_r_01.html

also, i am in touch with a company here that will be supplying them soon.

jonesy

pegletbee

Type of diabetes
LADA
Re: Where to get one:Dana

Thanks jonesy, That Dana pump looks really good. Keep us posted as to progress introducing it in the UK please.

jonesy

really like the look of this one.

my 9 year old son (the diabetic of the family) loves his Ipod touch, and i can see him getting to grips with this really easily. also, the actual pump looks very small.

they will be available feb/mar next year.

jonesy